1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get hyped, nerds, for [August Releases]

Discussion in 'News' started by Solar, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Name apparently was an early Russian unit of arquebusiers or musketeers that served as the tsars bodyguards, so like the Tartary Secret Service?

2. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Can we stop with the dime a dozen op SMGs already, please?

3. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

oh have there been profile leaks already? I wasn't aware we knew they were op already

Abydog and Abrilete like this.
  4. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

We know SMG is not quite balanced

theradrussian and inane.imp like this.
  5. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

It's maybe a little cheap for what it can do, but it's not really that OP. Maybe the weapon could use a damage reduction to 12, but it's hardly a gamebreaker. It usually competes with other powerful close range weapons, or is defensive on pilots or other units that really shouldn't be getting close. The Assault Pistol is arguably worse in many ways because it rolls more dice. Sure, it lacks AP and Shock but it's still spraying out a burst on par with an MG.

The notion of Dakinis aimed at close in firefights interests me, and given the high armour TAK may have, they may serve an important role in this set.

Benkei likes this.
  6. Audun54

Audun54 Well-Known Member

Kind of, streltsy pretty much translates as shooter and just refers to riflemen these days. Motor streltsy refers to the motorized rifle units in the Soviet military. While I'd love if we got some mech deploy kazaks, pretty sure the boarding shotgun guy is a Scout.

inane.imp likes this.
  7. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

Next year's two player box will be all Sakiel. Tohaa get 7 Sakiel and CA will get 7 Sygmaa Sakiel. And the bonus will be an additional Sakiel in a victory pose.

8. Pander22

Pander22 Well-Known Member

I watched a bow video once *enters vietnam style flashback*

Ha ha im going to unload my missile launcher on you

*snaps out*
    Still gives me nightmares
    Makes me sick!

eciu likes this.
  9. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

Y'all are too hard on BoW. They do a pretty good job over there; most of them aren't experts on most games, and they don't pretend otherwise. They're just dudes making a living while promoting the hobby, I say good on them.

10. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Forum etiquette:
    1-ALL CAPS FOR SHOUTY SHOUTY and bonus points for spelling and punctuation errors.
    2-Boldface or italics for emphasis
    Combining 1 and 2 is a faux pas, unless the post is a ragequit.

11. Zelaponeepus

Zelaponeepus Well-Known Member

Well a couple of google searches shows that while spelled incorrectly, these new names seem to add up historically/mythologically to the referenced cultures.

Yaksha are a broad class of nature-spirits, usually benevolent, but sometimes mischievous and sexually aggressive or capricious caretakers of natural treasures hidden in the earth or tree roots.

Rakshasas are also called "Maneaters"

As someone mentioned above, there appears to be historical use of the term “Streltsy.” Wikipedia says these guys were firearm infantry from the 16th-18th centuries and the term also refers to a social stratum that these guys were recruited from.

(My source for all of this is Wikipedia)

If this leak is true, then I’m really excited. No wait; I’m really excited either way.

Pander22 likes this.
  12. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Does Dakini 2.0 replace or complement Dakini 1.0?

13. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

replace would be my guess... And I'm hoping that it's reference to an aesthetic change not profile change

Arlic likes this.
  14. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'm asking for a local friendly police department in need of new inqui- err... I mean friendly police officers in need of new advanced interrogation techniques. Advanced means friendly.

inane.imp likes this.
  15. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

The BoW guys know the game, they just always have someone who is asking questions like they don't, so anyone who watches but doesn't know Infinity yet or well can not be over their head.

Not useful to you or I directly, but makes the video and hobby more accessible. Which is good! CB know the value of such things, which is good for us.

Titus and Bobblehead like this.
  16. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

But does it? Everyone keeps saying this opens up the game to a wider audience, but all the data and research on promtional material and questions that are poorly formulated says otherwise. Having a questioner who seems poorly informed undermines the credibility of the whole interview. It doesnt put it down on a low level which uninformed people respond better too.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  17. mothman

mothman Well-Known Member

Eh I think its how you view things, BoW serve a purpose, they are basically one of those tv infomercial shows, there to show you a cool new thing exists. Wouldn't trust their reviews on anything as they are always shocked and amazed by whatever gets put in front of them pretty sure you could hand them a lego brick and they would sell it as the top of the range in new dynamic miniature sculpting, dont think ive ever heard them say a single negative thing. Only thing I would like is maybe a QA section attached to the BoW week where audience can ask some more detailed question on the new releases. Im more thankful that they tend to have decent camera set ups to show stuff and a good editing team so the show isnt unwatchable.

Belgrim, inane.imp, Solar and 3 others like this.
  18. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Yeah, one thing is intention and another execution. My problem with BoW is execution; all too often the BoW staff is annoying, uninformed in worst possible ways and super obviously fake-excited about the whole thing.

And it's not just Infinity, most BoW videos give that kind of feel, I know I wished Dropfleet Commander guys chose somewhere else to spread the news.

19. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

Just a note, my spelling and punctuation is pretty bad, but there are over 60 different rulesets for english grammar, so maybe check I am not following one of these rulesets before you cry foul.

20. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

At 10 drinks you watch a BoW preview video and try not to vomit from motion sickness.

#420 Triumph, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation