1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gencon Seminar 2018

Discussion in 'News' started by zagdag, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Geodron

Geodron Well-Known Member

Signs point to a PO conspiracy to usher in CA....or something. Bolts were really Shas this whole time.

Icchan and Mob of Blondes like this.
  2. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Shas introduced the SMG in the Sphere

3. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Es el verdadero Kanluwen, Benkei. Lo que pasó es que CB, por fin... well, I should use English here... what happened is that CB finally released Tunguska. And it doesn't suck. Now all CB needs to do is release a resculpted CJC starter and Kan would explode with overgruntlement. (Another useful thing about English. We fabricate words all the time. It's easier than using a dictionary.)

Hmm, so ponchos really are the new black rage fist tactical debris. Good thing I can't win an ITS tournament to save my life.

Didn't Koni mention that CB would be releasing studio updates after these seminars? He did.
    We'll see it Sunday afternoon, or Monday?

Benkei likes this.
  4. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

There's not really any new info warranting a video that's different to Gencon. You'll see the full res concept art on Monday or Tuesday is guess.

5. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

Dakinis, sadly, look "eh, okay". I mean, they are awesome new design, but poses and content is both questionable.

Paramedic Bleh. They're all gonna be paramedics anyway. Pose is okayish but not great
    HMG Best od 3 but the ammo drum is stupid - are we Morats now? Why does Garuda have it unconnected?
    MULTI Sniper Rifle what's with the kneel? It looks too human and lame. Not to mention REMs can't go prone. Just lame.

And frankly, only 3? I bet we get a Tinbot in the box as well.

Icchan, LaughinGod and xagroth like this.
  6. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

Or maybe a davanas/apsara depending on link team options.

7. Nemo No Name

Yeah, I considered that, although why wouldn't they preview it then?

Apsaras would be too much, doesn't seem as the profile merits a second model.

Danavas I'm sure people would be happy but for me it'd be worse than a tinbot.

#247 Nemo No Name, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  8. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

It might not be ready?

There is of course the other option...

It will be a 3 model box. This would be the second (since tank hunters are coming out in September with just 3)

9. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Tankhunters is a repack of the Autocannon and AP HMG, isn’t it?

10. Sora9785

Sora9785 Well-Known Member

Did they mention a change for the shasvasti rule ?

11. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

For some reason I thought there was a ML too...

I blame the too early in the morning thing.

12. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Looking at the mowang's back, we can clearly see that Blackjack and Al Fasid were joined by Kriza Borac at some point. It was a wild night...

Aida is sweet but I wish she had a bit more high tech outfit rather than ariadna one (I don't know her fluff though).

13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

So... For Dakinis: the fourth one better be impressive, otherwise I will keep my old ones, thank you. The three from the starter will cover my paramedic needs (thus the paramedic in the box is useless), the HMG is... no. I hate the new Garudas with that cylinder in the back, and now they add it to the Dakinis. Then the Sniper in pure DERP pose... Not a fan.

For the smuggler: pure Cadmus/Speculo (fluff) agent that is in deep cover instead of oportunistic infiltration, about time they showed up! She will get into my collection just for that (I'll find something to do with her, for sure).

Joan Spitfire: as usual, now we have a Joan: Core. Next we will get a Heroine - X claiming there are too many Joans, and start killing them!

The Kurgat, much better than the engineer (reparing with the sword hitting stuff! XD), but I think it will be a pain to transport. Shame is a loadout so seldom used...

The IA starter looks interesting... Maybe the Mowang is a remotely controlled unit by the sniper? It would be fun if it is some sort of puppetactic, but by controlling a single unit, less demanding on the operator.

14. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

I think carlos explicitly said that that was not the IA starter, just a image with all the new guys on one.

DukeofEarl and ijw like this.
  15. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of them as I'm also a huge fan of "Chappie". I love the idea of the Dakinis advancing alongside a (Post)human operator, like the initial opening sequence.

Del S, Solar, Smiler and 1 other person like this.
  16. kanluwen

I think the only real disappointing news out of this was that Kurgat are getting a resculpt for their Autocannon model...but TAK isn't?

What kind of ridiculousness is that?

Del S and xagroth like this.
  17. Nemo No Name

Don't get me wrong, I love the new Dakini look, but it's just: a) renders don't excite me much, b) Dakini profiles stay the same, c) all 3 sculpta we saw had something off about them.

I also hate the new principle of not having builbuilt-in weapons. Hell, they could've kept the normal MULTI Sniper, but with special shoulder mount, leaving other hand always free.

Anyway, I'm mostly mad about still receiving zero profile previews despite TAK seeing all of theirs.

Also, G: Jumper LZ seems to be completely uninspired design.

emperor26 and xagroth like this.
  18. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Because for Garuda this barrel is a jet engine ?

19. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

It feels like they just slapped OSS into the Coldfront box just because TAK had to release with something else and they really didn't care what.

Bland and uninspired is the new black if you don't play Tunguska/Nomads (well, Varuna seems like maybe will be fun)

Nemo No Name and xagroth like this.
  20. kanluwen

That's why I was kind of argumentative in advance of this. I really thought "Hey, they're going to take advantage of the fact that they did NA2! Awesome!". I really did expect them to do something out of the box(no pun intended) and give a Druze/Merc starter set instead of just taking one of the main factions. After all, the Druze Shock Troops box we got is effectively a SWC box...why wouldn't they have done so?

I think it's important to step back at times now and realize that they're not as creative as we sometimes think they are.

Section9 and emperor26 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation