1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GenCon news.

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Maksimas, Aug 4, 2018.

1. emperor26

emperor26 Imperial Agent

Has anyone noticed how Haidao's breastplate looks similar to Daiyoukai one?
    My guess would be, that the Haidao armor is the YJ's finished version of the Daiyoukai project.

paraelix likes this.
  2. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

So a few questions based on the Invincible Army Gen Con news...

I am building up a few Yu Jing pieces ahead of getting Invincible Army, do you have confidence that the following will the following be in IA?

Hac Tao (sounds like it from the above)

Dao Fei (their lore description says IA if I remember correctly)

Surely there has to be a cheap "cheerleader" order generating troop...Zhanshi?....Celestial Guard?...Something new?

and finally given the HaiDaos Special Support Group and the speculation of engineer and doctor, is there a reason to get the new Yu JIng support pack?

Thanks!

3. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Yeah, having a cheaper doctor/engineer rather than an expensive one.

4. Splod

Splod Well-Known Member

Oooh... CG SWC box! Although that means we still don't have a CG Boarding Shotgun/FO miniature :/

5. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Dao Fei is not gonna be in IA, they retconned that fluff piece.

mittenninja likes this.
  6. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

What I do find interesting the CG SWC box brings a LGL CG.
    Might be they want us to use that Biolocator on our Kuang Shi more.

7. Maksimas

Also, speaking of the S5 HI... I wouldn't be surprised if it'd end up being our half of the Daiyokai project.
    Since wasn't that project started pre-Uprising? Since if so, it'd make sense for us not to scrap the idea and see where our HI will diverge from where the Japs ended up.
    If I'd have to make a guess... I'd say it'd be a way shootier, less CC threatening version.

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

He's holding something bulky in his left hand. That's the model for the CG Kuang Shi Control Device more specifically than just a LGL.

Daiyokai is what the Japanese managed to salvage. Yu Jing security secured the project.

9. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Skirmisher heavy infantry with SMG and Mines? Fuck yes!

I'm also sold on the heavy infantry drop troop.

I got into yu Jing for the heavies. So invincible looks to scratch that itch perfectly. Can't wait!

10. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Can we please not use that word? It's as offensive as calling a black a n*gger.

My assumption of the actual Ten-no-Bushi project was to get an ARM5 BTS6 chassis down to S2. Basically, a Hac Tao or Hoplite Armor. The Japanese rebuilt the project post-Uprising and got the armor and mobility where they wanted it, but couldn't get the size/weight down. If you put the Daiyokai and a Hac Tao next to each other, they're almost the same size!

I'm hoping that the S5 HI is a variation on the Su Jian. The idea is really cool, but I'm kinda hoping for something interesting like Sapper and an HMG on the combat profile and something light like an SMG on the mobility profile.

11. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

When?
    They are still "The Tactical Section of the Invincible Army" in my N3 book.

12. Maksimas

Actually, another mechanical transmutation HI would be interesting. But the variant you've described seems to be stepping on the Su Jians paws a lot.

Perhaps instead of Sapper and an HMG-or-equivalent on it's "combat" form, give it a "combat" and "guard" form instead. Have the "guard" form nuke what amount of mobility it had, but it gives you Neurocinetics or something along those lines, while the "combat" form would be closer to, well, a "combat" form.

13. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I actually hope it's not another mech transformation. Maybe something which is just a high mobility HI, they used to be yu jings thing is to have heavy infantry which were fast.

Balance wise we still lack something which can get into the enemies face other than the Su Jian.

I'm expecting further news about the at least one more new unit plus the Shang ji as well. Lots to look forward to!

Looks like zhanshi will still be the line troops/cheap orders though

14. Maksimas

Yeah, as much as a new S5 HI would be nice, I'd rather hear some news on the Shang Ji. A resculpt at the very least.

15. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Why would you want a S5 HI? "I want my HI to be a bigger target thats harder to hide!" Thats not what I want in HI...

Hecaton and emperor26 like this.
  16. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

I wonder about Bostria's wording as he calls it leaked cover. The Liu xing has the same armour details as the profile picture but I wonder who the girl in front of him is? The chest armour section is the same as zanshi's but her arm and knee pads are different than celestials/zanshis standard equipment.

[​IMG]

17. Maksimas

I have a soft spot for S5 HI is all, honestly.

18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It's standard Zhanshi armour from the concept art, rather than the finished models.

19. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

WOOHOO, AD HI WITH A MULTI RIFLE!!

HYPE AT MAX LEVEL!!!

Maksimas likes this.
  20. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Well I didn't think they'd release more of what appear to be infiltrating HI because it'd directly compete with the Dao Fei, on the other hand I'm not disappointed by this.

With that said given that YJ are pretty mediocre to poor at hacking, particularly if you take the Ninja out of the equation, I am concerned about all of this HI and no real way to defend them, especially if we're talking about a bunch of forward deploying models.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation