1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gata in King of the hill.

Discussion in 'Core Set' started by Aspect Graviton, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

So I was playing a game with my friend yesterday and we randomly drew teams and ended up playing king of the hill. He drew Maximus and i drew Gata so I was pretty sure I knew which way it was going to go. Anyway I took quicksilver and pain suppressants for Gata and on turn two played them both thinking "I can possibly do some damage here"

Some damage turned out to be fragging H3x3r and Pavartii and dealing 5 points to Maximus for a total of 4 points for a kill in the zone and then more aritsos in the zone.

As a note she did give one point away after lunah blew off her liver and she keeled over after scoring.

Is there a situation where she isn't good?

cegla1 likes this.
  2. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

:G:Immobilized. :wink:

3. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Or just straight up shot at. Put that kitty down.

4. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

How does Gata manage to do damage with no attack abilities? I thought you could only use attack abilities to cause damage so the likes of misdirection can't do damage

5. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

You can always do damage whit the :2: on a defense roll. And everyone can use the Contender to Attack.

6. PaIanka

PaIanka A! Team member

Hummm.... I'm a little confused here. Gata dealt all that Damage? And what did those cards had to do about it? I think you might be playing something wrong here...

Zewrath likes this.
  7. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

Yeah I've been trying to figure out how this was possible and I can't see any scenario where this can happen

Zewrath likes this.
  8. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

From our interpretation of the rules brawn vs agility rolls are face to face rolls;
    • Therefore any remaining successes after triggers and cancels are applied as damage.
    • Quicksilver gives Gata an automatic crit success, therefore 1 damage, plus the result of a red dice also with the possibility of another critical red.
    • Thus far nothing we've found says that the brawn vs agility roll is optional, only that who makes with multiple blockers is.
    • Gata has a speed of 5 and 5 action points.

How this played out:
    Gata started in base with a wounded Pavartii, moves to the adjacent space still adjacent to pav, rolls a crit in addition to the one from quicksilver: Frag
    uses freerun in the next movement point to reach H3x3r, moves gently around her 3 times: Frag in the zone
    Is now in contact with Maximus, walks around him 5 times with another movement action: 5 damage.

Pain suppressants was just insurance, only came into play the next action when Lunah actually hit her.

If anybody can point us to where we're wrong with a quote from the rules please let me know.

9. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

In a face to face roll the only :2: that become a :4: are the ones from a Combat roll, that is an Attack vs a Defense roll.

Koni, -V- and ijw like this.
  10. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

What zlavin said.

See Damage on p6 or Disengage on p8 or FtF Rolls on p9 (step five) or Attacks on p4.

Zewrath and deep-green-x like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation