1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gallery/Tutorials (Nazroth) - Scarhandpainting

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by nazroth, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Brawler

Brawler Well-Known Member

You make some truly stunning work. I would really love it if you took some shots with a darker, almost black background. For some reason, it feels like it would give the models even more justice. This is just a highly uneducated suggestion though. Great work!

jherazob and nazroth like this.
  2. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

Thanks for comments everyone. It's cool to see feedback - thatnks to you I know everything goes in a good direction :)

Thanks, glad you like it.

Don't want to sound patronising, or anything - I am not an authority on the matter. Here's what I think about black background: Taking pictures on black background is tricky. Almost all pictures with black background made using a deep shadow tent that I see in the internet look fake. Either too much shadow due to bad light positioning (which create illusion of flat surfaces being highlighted), or enchanced contrast and photoshoped juice. As much as black background shows some extra depth to different layers it also changes how eye see the overall paint job - same goes for white background. I try to avoid this cause expectations from seeing a pic on black/white background would never be met by a real thing, (in gaming room light on a scenery filled board). So - this comes from personal preferences - I'd rather use grey background to make a paint job look a bit worse than real life thing, and have a customer be more happy upon receival. ;)

#22 nazroth, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  3. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

IIRC black background makes everything punchier, and white makes them flatter. Optical illusions. And the reason some photo editing apps use(d) mild greys for interface (until fashion took over, and they all went with really dark themes).

Danger Rose and jherazob like this.
  4. nazroth

So, guys - here's update on Joan, still lots of work before me, sharpening some stuff, painting sword, adding dark blue glazes on the legs etc, but it's certainly close to completion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Found some really cool colour paths thanks to this one. Especially happy with the hair, which started Bronzed Fleshtone, then brawn wash and then went blondier and blondier adding Off White to Scrofulous Brown.

5. Frostphoenyx

Frostphoenyx Well-Known Member

Amazing.

nazroth likes this.
  6. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Looking slick dude - these models really are top notch.

nazroth likes this.
  7. nazroth

Hey guys, thanks for all feedback. I've finished working on Joan D'Arc and a bunch of other Panoceania miniatures. Entire Operation IceStorm + Beyond must wait till the Nomad counterpart is ready, but tomorrow I'll drop a tone of new Pano stuff from lvl 5 'Witness Me!' Neoterra collection. Just need to take pictures. For now I have this:

GALLERY: INFINITY JOAN D'ARC lvl 6 'Heroes Never Die!'
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And some Giraldez'style White Background pictures, so you can witness the power of white background ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope you enjoy this one. I am very happy about how it turned out. Want to steal it from the owner just to stay with me forever:P
    So - next time (soon) I'll drop a Pano Remote Strike on you :P

Cheers!

8. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Got any good tutorials on how to paint with glazes ? Love your work.

9. nazroth

Golem2God, taylor and jherazob like this.
  10. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Thanks for the share, man. That is definitely a valuable tutorial.

nazroth likes this.
  11. nazroth

Allrighty - so here's a family photo of the latest addition to GALLERY: INFINITY NEOTERRA lvl 5 'Witness Me!'
    [​IMG]
    This actually closes the commission for the time being. Shipping would be a real challenge - fortunatelly have some experience with large collections. Last time huge Tohaa collection was received without any damage - I coun't for the same this time.

Section9, redeemer, Jotart and 6 others like this.
  12. nazroth

Hey everyone - today I have a new Tutorial for you.

TUTORIAL: PAINTING SKIN (BASIC)
    This is a quick five-steps skin painting tutorial. If you know someone who's struggling with skin painting - be sure to link the tut to him/her ;)
    [​IMG]

13. nazroth

Once every year I make a sacrifice to the gods in hope they will bring new Moran Maasai Hunter sculpts into being. Last year's Moran conversions failed, so I made another attempt. This time tho I used recently released Morlocks as the base. If that won;t bring new Moran sculpts then I don;t know what might do it...

14. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

These might turn out to be better than the resculpts whenever they do come out. Well done Nazzy, well done.

nazroth likes this.
  15. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Mind showing us last year's morans? I saw some covered in gore and they looked awesome - not sure if it was yours or not, but they sure looked like your brush strokes.

16. nazroth

These are built using Jaguar bodies, OiS Spektr heads and a mix of OiS Spektr/Jaguar hands. Moving combi rifle to left hand was a hell of a challenge, otherwise pretty easy swaps.
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Jotart, Icchan and 5 others like this.
  17. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Where do you get all those Spektr heads you use on everything lol ? :-D I'm converting zeros as well, and I was thinking how spektr head would look good on that conversion.
    You actually improved crazy koala sculpt by making them half exploded.

Golem2God likes this.
  18. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Those look great, but those aren't them. *sigh* - I don't even remember where I saw them, but they were bad ass!

19. nazroth

Thanks mate. I have over 20 Crazy Koalas - had to do something to make them differ a bit - in the end went all-in.
    Spektrs are easy to get. A lot of people purchase OiS just for Pano and sell Nomads part. Alguacils and Spektr are easy to get for between 2 and 4€ here, and postal shipment in Poland is 1,5€ so I have a steady supply of Alguacil arms and Spektr Heads. Figured it is not too much of a price for making some miniatures look good :)

Hey bro - maybe it wasn't Morans. I don't know - you can check out my full gallery - ewither way if you find the ones you think of - be sure to drop me the pic via PM. Am curious of how it was done.

Golem2God and taylor like this.
  20. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

As he hasn't mentioned it, he has a tutorial for that, in case you too wanna have your own suicidal explosive little plushies

Golem2God, nazroth and taylor like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation