1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Auto + BS Attack (SF Mode)

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by inane.imp, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

bbut...bbut... Pano has to shoot this guy on 15's instead of 18's ;( booohoooohoooooo

;)

Zewrath, Sorbus and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  2. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

I don't know if I would agree with it being textbook OP before (certainly strong though), but I do agree that it's still a strong unit and this doesn't merit a price drop.

3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Something to mention on topic ?

4. ambisinister

ambisinister Broken Zoetrope

I get that right now the Kriza is the only one with this skill, but other profiles may get it eventually, heck some of the ones that are being tested for release may already have it. So whether or not this was an interaction they initially intended or something they missed entirely, it’s not something they want future profiles to do.

A Mão Esquerda and Deltervees like this.
  5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Your arguments are weak, your math weaker.

It's slightly worse than a non-Surprise Shotting Hac Tao, being two percent point more likely to die.
    It's slightly better than a Yan Huo, being three percent points less likely to kill and three percent points less likely to die.

Guess which one costs the same and which one is 25% more expensive? Don't compare it to the Hac Tao, compare it to the Yan Huo and realize that at roughly the same shooting performance with a HMG compared to the Yan Huo HRMC, the Kriza also sports a Heavy Pistol, Courage and higher CC, PH and BTS. The Kriza is better for exactly the same points, in nearly all measurable situations. At Maghriba level it's not quite so linear, but we're still talking about Kriza being significantly less likely to be put out of action trading a downgrade from 12% risk going to 7% risk for downgrading damage potential from 68% to 50%, but I guess the Yan Huo has to be better somewhere when the Kriza is better in all other situations.

The Yan Huo is a monster, and I refuse to make the claim that the Yan Huo is overpriced, but the Kriza is better. So go cry somewhere else about how the Kriza got nerfed.

Hecaton and colbrook like this.
  6. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Calls weak arguments. Adresses none of them. Unironically claims the other person is the one being butthurt. Top kek.

It's actually significantly worse than an active Hac Tao, especially a Swiss Guard as both are MUCH better at winning FtF and much worse in reactive. Both cases are indisputable mathematical facts and it's amusing but surprisingly borderline trolling behaviour from your part, that you would even suggest the math is flawed. You then obfuscate and begin to make math comparisons to a unit I didn't compare it to in the first place.

Which Yan Huo are you referring to? The HMC one? The Yan Huo is hot trash, except for some gimmicks with either the ML/ML + tinbot, I've never heard anyone suggest otherwise.

Where did I say I was crying about the Kriza? Also, are you suggesting that this change is an actual nerf? You mean to tell me that everyone and their dog, who uses the HMG profile in their own backline would throw such an important attack to up towards the enemy deploy and enter SF? Are you high or something? The "nerf" changes absolutely nothing on how the current Kriza Borac is used. What I think @nazroth is trying to suggest, especially with the MR profile, that this change only further invalidates every other reason, to ever use any other profile than the HMG. Honestly mate, your response is so bizzare and embarrasingly out of touch with how the game functions that I'm in doubt whether or not that Hecaton used your profile or something.

Jesus Christ. Fix your tampon next time.

nazroth likes this.
  7. Mahtamori

You're still comparing it to a unit that is not comparable. So go take your childish insults to somewhere they are appreciated.

colbrook likes this.
  8. Tom McTrouble

Regardless of your opinion, chill out with that stuff dude. Not cool.

9. nazroth

Don't mean to disrespect but this discussion is like home brewed shaman facing a doctor about matters of advanced medicine. In this case it's ITS 1401/793 ranked vs ITS 66/28 ranked talking units. I get that people get emotional, especially when they have some imagined view on a unit and it's power level. It is worth noticing that some of the forum users here are actually top world players who meet with this stuff on a totally different level than couch weekend gaming. (Nope - by top player I do not mean myself). So - what I mean guys is that you will not find a common ground. You're talking two different games here ;)

10. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Then make that the main point of your argument next time. Don't throw stupid sentences like "So go cry somewhere else about how the Kriza got nerfed." when that wasn't my point at all.
    Don't make aggressive retorts with "muh weak math" when really, you object to the fact that I compare it to the Hac Tao.

Also, "So go take your childish insults to somewhere they are appreciated". Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

11. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I don't consider rank to be relevant to what anyone says. You could be 1/1 and be fundementally wrong about the power levels of anything or have a very strong bias. :)

inane.imp and FatherKnowsBest like this.
  12. Mahtamori

You do realize what the grand example of a straw man is, right? That's the POTUS talking about his dog. As highly ranked as can be, his argument is still a straw man (and saved him the election because no one called him out on it).

@Zewrath I'm not pot-kettling your insults, I'm calling them lacking in sophistication. And you're the one who needs to come up with a coherent argument here, since you're trying to debunk an opinion (of all things). Less straw man next time, please, and your initial aggressive tone really makes it look like you're a gamer who's upset their favourite got nerfed.

13. Tom McTrouble

I gotta be honest I don't think we should make a habit citing someone's ITS rank as something that gets attached to their opinion. So much of your ability to play in ITS is based on proximity to events, frequency of events, and average skill of players at events that it's not a good barometer IMO. Granted, there are recognized top world players who definitely get to have that tagged to their opinions, but those are few and far between.

14. nazroth

Let's just agree to disagree on this one.

Tom McTrouble likes this.
  15. Tom McTrouble

I'm good with that. Full disclosure I'm from the US so it may be a different experience region to region.

nazroth likes this.
  16. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

U wot m8? You literally stated that the Kriza Borac was textbook OP. A definition you haven't laid out what exactly means. I sarcastically reply to your statement of how it's rather laughable that you think it's OP. There was exactly zero aggression in that post. Nada.
    And straw man? I don't think it means what you think it means. Give me an example where I said something, claiming that you made that argument please? Also, you constantly try to make it sound like I'm crying over the supposed nerf, when in fact I've NEVER said such a thing. Litterally a straw man by you and it's clear you're having an emotionel response on something you THINK I'm saying (which you in fact even admit yourself). That's weak dude.

17. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

18. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Guys if you cannot discuss it nicely I do not see any other solution, so what will it be?

Zewrath, inane.imp, Abrilete and 3 others like this.
  19. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

How did nobody at CB notice this when the rule was first previewed? That was all we were talking about.

xagroth and nazroth like this.
  20. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Since the top player in ITS is someone who apparently forgets his retreat thresholds I wouldn't use it as that kind of barometer.

Zewrath and Tristan228 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation