1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found some cheap and easy civvie silhouettes

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Section9, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

I know, I know... but think like X-Com, even if it is people running around it is funnier. Or people in the rooftops. IDK, I like the visual.

If you treat them as undestructible terrain (like a box today), tbh I don´t really see the issue. Except for the "idea" that they give "cover", but if you abstract the concept that in that sense "cover" are the targetting systems failing to fire or calling off shots not to him civilian targets, it makes sense as well.

2. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

If you need some rules to deal with NPCs, I suggest to have a look at what is done in CoreSpace by BattleSystem.
    It may provide some inspiration.

3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Form the Titan Forge expy line Cyber Forge (same patreon, different range... I think they have now a fantasy, and a sci-fi range):
    [​IMG]

Funny thing, he painted this one and the other Trauma Team as a mid-session relax with a few inkensity bottles...

Most of the Unit9 STLs print models slightly taller than Infinity ones (I use either the Kawarij from the Haqq Starter, pre-O12 Saladin, or the BSG bashi bazouk as height comparison), but it can be adjusted easily enough.

The civilian models from Unit9 are quite simple most of the time, compared to full on fighters. Check this "hero":
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Basic security guys are also simple (they are chaff, after all, in the game):
    [​IMG]

Three basic colors, face, hair, ink, ready. You can of course go nuts, but the idea is to have a dozen or more and not spend as much time as with a dozen Infinity models ^^

Civilians only block LoF for a limited time... the moment they hear the first bullet, they either run for cover, drop to the ground... or are dropped. Firefights are like that.

If both sides want to minimize civilian casualties... a home rule might be that the packs or individual civilians could be Saturation Zones (-3 to BS, -1 to burst, minimun Burts 1) if the LoF needs to cross them.

It's more of a shape issue than a colour one, frankly.

Easy enough:
    1. Grab the circular template, place it on top/by the side of the civilian (or group) that needs moving.
    2. Roll 1d20 per civilian/group of civilians
    3. They move+move (so 10+10, most of the time) in the specified direction.
    I suggest either make a roll per X individual civilians (for example, 1 dice per 4-5 civvies) and rotate the selection so no two consecutive civilians move in the same direction.

Abydog and jherazob like this.
  4. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

From where? 7 printed minis (8 by volume) with shipping.... because we are talking about prints, not files, right?

And yeah, painted civilians... or all the buildings in grey. OTOH, long ago in Data Sphere, I floated one idea in that line. Or at least thought about it when talking there about table styles. Fuzzy memory.

Then they become special terrain. Ever tried running over lots of people?
    [​IMG]

Abydog, xagroth and jherazob like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation