1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found some cheap and easy civvie silhouettes

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by Section9, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Securitates? Moderators? Midnigh Sun Analyst? Jaguars? Interventors? Alguaciles?

2. Biomckill

Biomckill Well-Known Member

Hi all,

News pics of the Effigy minis compared with The Midnight Sun Analyst, Alguaciles and a Reverend Healer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As other members told me, I probably chose the worst minis for the first pic. As you can see, they have pretty much the same height as other Nomads minis so they will probably fit without problems.

Just so you can see how small the TAG jockey is, a pic comparing a Yu Jing Zúyong Invincible, the Effigy minis, jockey, Reverend Healer and Alguacil. Take in account that the MicroArt bases are about 1.5 mm higher than the standard bases.

[​IMG]

#42 Biomckill, Jan 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    chromedog, Melchior, Section9 and 5 others like this.
  3. SupersexyJohn

SupersexyJohn Well-Known Member

That looks a lot better! I completely wrote them off the after the first pic.

4. Biomckill

Yes, Dragonstriker was right. Unknowingly I selected the worst minis for the pic... Compared to any of the other minis they look perfect.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  5. Biomckill

Hi all,

Some more pics with the Anvil minis:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So no obvious, the Anvil minis are more less the same scale as the Panoceania civil: shorter than the Infinity N3 minis, as shown with the Alguaciles and the Reverend. In fact, the women compare nicely with the Szalamander pilot mini I used in previous pics. But they look like Hobbits or children compared with the regular minis.

And that is.

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I think the Anvil minis are fine. Humans have a lot of variability, even in post-scarcity societies.

7. Biomckill

Hi all,

The forum is quite dead lately, so I am sharing a quick pic of some 3D printed civilian minis from the Patreon Unit9 range. I will try to share later better pics.

[​IMG]

About 35 EUR shipping included. Nicely detailed.

8. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

The forum was so dead it actually died over the weekend...

9. cory

cory Well-Known Member

Speaking of civilians, anyone know of some, stls or miniatures, that are more relaxed? I'm doing some terrain with large windows and visible interiors and would like some figures that look natural in their setting. Working, sitting, leaning, etc.

SupersexyJohn likes this.
  10. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

I suspect we have no other choice but to use the kind of figures used in train layouts for this purpose (O-scale i believe, but could be wrong), i really know of no manufacturer, physical or STL, that sells civilians in the middle of sci-fi civilian life instead of "non-combatants in the field".

cory likes this.
  11. Wikkid Devil

Wikkid Devil Well-Known Member

12. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I'm subscribed and printed those. Sadly, the concept art is better in some...
    [​IMG]

(painted by Epsilon Miniatures, not me. You can see most of Unit 9 range at https://www.facebook.com/Epsilon.Miniatures/ )

The hand is so... oversized in that angle... (he uses a very good camera, however).

13. Biomckill

So far in the FB page I have seen only pics of the cyberpunk lab/medical techs. I will go for a less flashy paint scheme (classical white lab coats, for starters).

Not very Infinity-like...

If you are looking for something plain & generic (too plain), these will do:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4092685

Or even some of these:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4092679

I have printed them and they have no detail at all. In fact, they look too scrawny and schematic, but will do if put indoors. I will try to post a pic of the comparison...

jherazob likes this.
  14. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Even if they look scrawny, and less detailed than our "larger than life heroes", can you take pics? Now I am thinking about them as scatter on the table, kinda like the civilians in X-Com. Even in monotones (quickly done with an airbrush) they would add an interesting element to our deserted cities...

15. cory

cory Well-Known Member

I appreciate all the replies. I have a few figures sourced from other games, some match better than others, but more helps.

Biomckill, those are intriguing and I will get a few printed off.

16. Biomckill

[​IMG]

The ruler is in inches. As you can see, they compare fine with a standard mini. In the right the Unit9 minis. The two in the left are lab techs, the other two are... some type of droids, which are even more delicate... as you can see, because I printed two in order to get spares!

[​IMG]

A close-up shot. As you can see, schematic... but they can simulate civvies well enough.

[​IMG]

The lab droids compared to the other minis. Less detailed by far... but still, good enough for what you are looking for.

Abydog, Willen and jherazob like this.
  17. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Remember what do you want them for, as random civilians wandering around or filling buildings, they're essentially "terrain" so to speak. You want them to not have too much detail and drab, muted colors (maybe all the way to monochrome) to avoid confusing them with actual player minis. Those look like they have more than enough detail.
    Checking that person's designs, looks like these were ripped from the game Remember Me, so i imagine most of the detail was on the textures. And they did quite a few more, if you check the author's designs and search for "cyberpunk" there, there's quite a few more, some look rather useful!

Biomckill and Willen like this.
  18. Biomckill

Honestly, your lack of concern for the poor civvies is appalling. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Just terrain... depending on the scenario! I mean, I have seen scenarios where you could not blow the hell out of the poor civilians.

Jokes appart, yes, it makes sense. But I don't want them being monochrome, sorry. if I pay enough attention to the other pieces of terrain, it offends my delicate sensitivity having pieces of scenario that are monochrome. .

Probably... and yes, they have several batches, yesterday I posted only a couple of examples:

Cyberpunk Scientific Experimenting x7
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4092685

Cyberpunk People Street x6
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4092679

Cyberpunk Enforcers x5
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4092677

Cyberpunk Women x6
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4092668

Nilin Cyberpunk
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4092683

and even some domestic robots
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4092671

Anyway, to be painted monochrome, they are good enough. And they are going to be put indoors, even easier.

Enjoy!

xagroth and jherazob like this.
  19. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Those are nice. I floated the idea of these being "terrain blocks" in my local group and apparently they don´t like people being terrain either... sigh. But some here and there would add so much color in my opinion.

I also found some nice packs of low-poly street people in CGtrader, like 300 poses for 10$. Seems like a fine idea to get people on benches, grouped together, etc.

Biomckill likes this.
  20. Biomckill

Thanks, I was programming a hard bit of code and needed a good laugh... I know this is a game, but... people is not terrain.

The buildings, adds, vehicles, etc. are coloured enough, so I do not see why some painted minis would represent so much clutter. Combatants in each side are usually painted in their own colours, so I do not think it would be difficult to spot them. But I have never tried.

Also, can you float the idea of a third party moving the figures around randomly once the shooting starts? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A link for that?

#60 Biomckill, May 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation