1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flips [Slow!] WIPs

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Flipswitch, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Ha i see what you mean, he's tilting forward with his actual face in shadow.

2. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Glass rots in the UK? Wow, I heard things were damp a lot of the time... Or window pane means something different, like chips or biscuits.

Pneumarch is well on it's way. Add some accent color. But not red, as much as it pains Me to say that. It looks like you used an orange in your other CA minis. The orb needs to be teal, which as every school boy knows, is the color of magic voodoo tech. (Turns out octarine is the color of magic. Who know?)

That Citadel holder looks really awkward to use. Doesn't the giant vice interfere with many painting angles?

3. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Contrary to popular opinion, it is not a buttplug and it's not supposed to be used as such.

Fool likes this.
  4. Flipswitch

The window thingy, forgotten the term now but the one that is at the base! window-sill? That had rotten so it needed to be replaced. It always bloody rains here and is damp.

Yeah, Pierzasty and a few others have been pushing me to get the blue I use on my other models into the Orb to give it some colour injection, my main hesitation is I really don't want to fuck it up and there's a few of the core bits I can't really get to, though if nobody looks then nobody would see it I guess. Me being a pussy basically.

The GW plug isn't bad actually! it's a fucker to get models onto it and feels like it was designed for use by two people, or maybe it's just me being a spaz. 40mm models are a two man job to get onto it for sure! For actual painting, it's really good, I find it really comfortable to use and the grip is good so you can twist and angle on models. I paint like a weird hunchback though and have a poor posture and this helps encourage that.

Red Harvest and taylor like this.
  5. maru

maru Well-Known Member

i just wonder if there is same amout of knowlege in them ?? or just mad man writings . ;)

6. maru

maru Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Golem2God likes this.
  7. Red Harvest

Take care of that posture. I learned the very hard way about that. Get a good chair.

I hear the thing was reasonably priced, although a bit more expensive in Poland, given that some think it is a sex toy. Continentals, eh? :openmouth:

8. Flipswitch

Yeah I need to invest in a proper chair soon, this one is a shitty office chair. Too many years hunched up in Land Rovers on radios has given me a bad posture which I need to sort out. I'll make it one of my 2018 new years resolution haha.

xagroth and Golem2God like this.
  9. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

High table, or even better, high jewelers bench (neither a high table nor a jeweler bench, but both). You can stand, you can sit in a high chair, and the work surface is always higher than normal table.

Flipswitch and Golem2God like this.
  10. Red Harvest

Ah, have your hips higher than your knees when seated too. My Physical Therapist has me doing this. ( And some self-torture too. I was not joking about learning the very hard way.)

The table surface should be high enough that you can rest your wrists on it without hunching over. Resting the wrists allows for steadier painting hands :) Heck, something similar to a wrist-rest for computers will prove useful.

Flipswitch, xagroth and Golem2God like this.
  11. Flipswitch

I've got the terrible habit of having one leg crossed across the opposite knee, then leaning on that to paint, if I get the pressure wrong I end up cutting off the circulation and my entire leg goes numb, it's really daft but I'm so used to sitting like this that painting like it is a "natural" extension. I'll give it a go!

taylor likes this.
  12. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hah. I do that at work all the time - I can't tell you how many times I've gotten up after a couple hours of paperwork, and almost fallen flat on my face.

13. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I go to a "gollum" posture... all hunched over the miniature, elbows on the table and model as close as possible to my face. "Fortunately", the crossing of the leg over the other is beyond me: my legs are too wide (and heavy, says the missus), and my knees are not all that bendable (nor will they ever be... as my mother says, I was "the prototype", prone to assembly errors like less carthilage on the knees XD)

taylor likes this.
  14. Flipswitch

[​IMG]
    Taking a small break for an evening on my Pneumarch to work on some flesh tones on this Umbra, it looks a bit blurrier IRL (or maybe my eyesight is just going) and its the light catching the model. He needs some work done, so I need to relayer my flesh tone back into the model as I may have overglazed it. I'll work on it somewhat then decide.

taylor and Golem2God like this.
  15. Flipswitch

Currently ill again with my lurg immune system, but I did get some painting done this afternoon!

[​IMG]
    Didn't fancy trying highlights with a headache, so I started this guy instead.

#55 Flipswitch, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Golem2God, leigen_zero and taylor like this.
  16. Flipswitch

Skin done, working on his hair cables and back dots now. I've inadvertently made my Nexus a ginger, the fucker already had a big enough target on his head.

17. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Picture reported as missing by imgur.

18. Flipswitch

Must have wiped it by mistake. Will correct tomorrow buddy

[​IMG]

#58 Flipswitch, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    xagroth and taylor like this.
  19. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I love how smooth those flesh transitions are. Right on!

20. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I love it! I will use a different scheme for the clothes (since it will be almost the same as the Umbras) but it shows very neatly all the flesh parts, ideal for reference!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation