1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fix the Bøyg

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Judge Dredd, Mar 28, 2020.

1. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Voodoo tech isn't something that would have anything to do with the mine chucker. It's the fact that it would be something that:
    A) A S2 Heavy Infantry can't necessarily carry
    B) Something PanO(and a lot of factions, if I'm being fair--it's seemingly only on the dumb Russian biker scrubs that really should have been USARF not Russian but whatever) doesn't have.
    C) Would mesh with the mythology of the Boyg.

Once again, for reference:
    I mean c'mon, it's literally a hindrance to travellers. :P

2. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Give it stratus cloud. Done.

Sangarn likes this.
  3. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

It's also on the new OSS REM, Maggie and Raicho.

Barrogh likes this.
  4. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Not gonna lie that would be bonkers.

Boyg ML Reserve Piece every game.

Sangarn and Judge Dredd like this.
  5. AlphaStrike

AlphaStrike Active Member

I’d like to just point out that for 3 points more you can get the new improved Ratnik in a fireteam doing 6b with an AP spitfire.

Bøyg very sad now. Even Ariadna are beating pano at their own game in N4.

6. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Eh? Bøyg Dodges better, shoots better, yes, gives one B and ARM but doesn’t have to go Battle Ravaged, and has more attractive if more expensive Haris partners.

7. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

It could really use a version with Hidden Deployment

8. AlphaStrike

It also doesn’t have dogged or ap on all of its weapons.

but if you look at half the picture you are correct.

9. AlphaStrike

It really wouldn’t fit the lore or his use in fireteams. Plus you would then be choosing between him and the Swiss guard, and the Swiss guard will always win that unit slot. Always, that’s literally his thing.

10. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Against Swiss he would still get better protection against hackers, while being significantly cheaper and having a better Dodge. It wouldn't be the biggest issue in vanilla PanO. It'd also give him a proper niche in SWF.

And it would fit its name, since it comes from a Nordic folklore tales about invisible trolls.

11. AlphaStrike

That depends entirely how how far you read into the Bøyg lore. Apparently they’re actually a giant, annoying serpent that hinders travellers. Supposedly the name translates to ‘bend’, or ‘curve.’

Personally, if I had my way entirely, I’d up his base cost to 50; then give his base profile Mim-3 and minelayer+Dazer.
    Then up the mk12 profile cost to 55; it gains AP and Strategic deployment (+8”).

Now the dude is entirely unique, suits whatever lore you can find, solves a lot of problems both vanilla and SWF face without going overboard and does not compete with any other unit for the same usage, or erase his fireteam usefulness.

Blindcrow likes this.
  12. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Boyg now could be played without being crazy, but still is a profile with some issues. Still to close to KoJ. Fireteams for Boyg aren´t cheap and can´t be attached to fusiliers, while justices and ORCs can. I think boyg could have inmunity (AP) instead ECM(hacker), same cost. This allow boyg to endure things that Justice not, but still justice will be more versatile.

Stiopa likes this.
  13. AlphaStrike

I’d argue that, I have tried to take him, but always regret it. Even the sogarat has more utility than a Bøyg and that says it all.
    KOJ are a separate issue, but suffer the same fate as the Bøyg. I don’t think I ever take one over a knight hospitaller in SWF. Hospitaller hmg - 37p. KOJ spitfire - 47p. 10 more points for a worse weapon, 1 arm and 3 bts.
    Now in MO a teuton is 31p for a spitfire and nco.

Hell to stick with the trend of comparing to morats; suryat - 36p hrl, multi pistol+1b, msv1, tinbot firewall -3. Immunity ap, veteran. And they have ava5 Harris and core with Coherancy.

You look at that and think ‘wow, even the hospitaller is overcosted, let alone the KOJ and Bøyg.’

14. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

I try not to look others armies, more if they are CA or Ariadna. If I do usually dosn´t end weel to my mental sanity. I´m not positive about boyg, but I find him useful in some cases, I did even when the profile came back in N3. For games at 400 or 200 points can be useful because it has 0 SWC (mk12 version), still can go solo and do things. Even can be use in duo with others profiles. Now even the ML profile with agnes and quinn can do something. Not all is bad in the profile. Too expensive? Yes. Need to be improve? No doubts.

I have to say that when I have played Boyg I can say I regret it. They did relatively well. The thing is the cost of the boyg for standard games at 300 usually is too expensive, because it will made the list too dependant of the boyg performance, and this isn´t a good thing. Not when boyg isn´t an ultra optimized unit, but when playing 400 for example, allow some combinations really really interestings. Same when playing at 200, mk12 takes away SWC, so you can deploy more SWC in cheap units and still have another attack piece.

But... Still Boyg need some changes or additions to be a thing.

best regards!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation