1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishman for Tohaa?

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Cothel, Oct 15, 2018.

1. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Even Joan waited around 2 years before she had a general release re-sculpt.

Pan-O Helots should be out in the relative future, and would make a great proxy piece if they do not release a general release of the Libertos before then. I used the Spec-Ops model while I waited for the book.

The Fraacta is a great base for the Taquel. The backpack being a separate piece leaves a hole, but it is easy to cover up by sculpting on a back armor plate like the Nikoul has.
    Though It may be worth holding off on a conversion for a few weeks to see what January will bring.

Abrilete likes this.
  2. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Looks like the 0-SWC Minelayer option for Liberto was a mistake :(

3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

It'd be pretty broken without the handbrake on SWC. I'm putting it in most lists anyway. :)

Abrilete likes this.
  4. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

I ran the minelayer in a tournament over the weekend and several practice games leading up to it. Just having extra camo on the table was enough to frustrate my opponent's plans and was well worth the SWC.

n21lv, Abrilete and RobertShepherd like this.
  5. RobertShepherd

So a few months later on this and I wanted to see how folks were going - specifically, is anybody taking the SMG + DEP profile libertos? I'm 100% on the minelayer, but wondered how people were doing with the other version.

Cothel and Golem2God like this.
  6. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

I'm take the SMG + DEP profile when my SWC is full. I think the SMG is fantastic toolkit loadout. Mines are good but it's really a functionally different piece. The minelayer profile I see as much more of an alpha striker/delay piece where the SMG profile is a better response piece. AP+Shock as well as a marker state can usually trade up in unexpected ways.

Cothel, Abrilete and RobertShepherd like this.
  7. RobertShepherd

Do you have some game examples? Like, turns he's popped out of camo, what he's done when he did, when in the game it was?

8. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

I only take the SMG/DEP loadout. Once he killed Duroc with DEP + Chaincolt

9. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

I've exclusively run the Minelayer thus far and was pretty happy with it.

That being said, I am usually running swarm lists with something between 16 and 18 orders and often have that 1 SWC to spare. I could see myself taking the SMG profile in case I run out of SWC.
    I really appreciate the speed bump the Minelayer provides. Nothing is more devastating than some HI units in my back line.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  10. RobertShepherd

Firing a DEP into a werewolf isn't exactly an ideal use case given their Total Immunity, but still, that's a nice result. Any further info on deployment and use that got you to that circumstance?

11. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Misplay of my opponent. He overlooked the Camo token.
    Had totally forgotten to ask him if he want's to choose another location for his AD AI

12. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

This is among the most true posts I've ever seen on the infinity forums. Sums the unit up perfectly. I'm really struggling not to include it in any Tohaa list.

I also love having the ability to use a few random leftover orders to place mines and generally add to our ability to drain the enermy order pool with speed bumps, shootouts and symbiomates.

My lists are often built around a durable ARO triad (Gao Rael mostly), and I feel that fishboi is the ideal choice for giving this unit some bubble wrap or counter-deploying an assassin.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation