1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishman for Tohaa?

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Cothel, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

Finally the Tohaa might be getting something new! (along with all the other Vanilla armies) This actually looks interesting to me as a good way to play "Hide the Igao". Anyone else interested in trying this new unit?

[​IMG]

I also suspect we might see these guys in the Triumvirate as well. Just speculation at this point, but I could see it happening.

2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Cothel I am. Seems like a nice unit in price, loadouts and skills. It makes sense that PanO can't use them though I'm a bit sad to see the faction being unable to bring a very cheap warband. But this new merc seems to be a good auto-take in lists. Tohaa could get alot of mileage out of these Helots.

3. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

I'd use it, if I ever field my Tohaa again, but not the SWC profile - we already cap easily on SWC in Tohaa imo.

xagroth and Golem2God like this.
  4. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

Weird, I usually have trouble capping my SWC when I build lists, AND we have the option for +1 SWC Neema. I do see the 8 point profile being a great filler unit when you have that much available to you.

Abrilete and Golem2God like this.
  5. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

Well, tbh, I usually took Neema Spitfire, since that's a better gun.

Between that, Sukeul ML, a CoC Kaeltar, something for ARO duty (usually 2 Kamael Snipers) and one more active turn bad guy to spearhead a Triad, I could scarcely afford that 1 SWC.

the 8 point guy is definitely an auto-include though, I mean why not to take him ?

Golem2God likes this.
  6. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

My thoughts exactly. He brings alot to the table for a small price.

Cothel likes this.
  7. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

The only thing Tohaa really have at this point that is under 10 points is the Diplomatic Delegate. Another option under 10 points is a bonus for Tohaa.

xagroth, Abrilete and Golem2God like this.
  8. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

1 SWC for mates, 1.5SWC for HMG, Spitfire, Missile launcher, 1 SWC for LRL, Sniper rifle, 0.5SWC for cheap sniper. SWC goes away fast.

9. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

1 SWC for two Kaeltar with Symbiomates is excessive and only needed if you are completely outmatched by the people you play against. I haven't used Symbiomates in over two years and I still win more than I lose.

In most games I do more damage with Viral and K1 Combi Rifles than I do with Spitfires or HMGs. Maybe it's the people I play against, but those ammo types just hurt them more. I often go into fights with 3.5-5 SWC and still do fine.

Golem2God and Vanderbane like this.
  10. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I'm confused, point here is to brag, or just call people using mates whatever namecalling you prefer?

HMG and Spitfire are about Burst, not about ammo type. You need to win the FtF to apply ammo effects. Obviously K1 and Viral are better than Normal, you just need to get there. But I suppose you being superior to your opponents get's you there easily.

11. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

Symbiomates have become a crutch for many Tohaa players. They are also one of the main reasons we get hated by other factions. At this point I would be fine if they got rid of them entirely. Using four Symbiomates is a HUGE safety blanket. The only time I see this as being fair is when used against a massive spam army. One Kaeltar with Symbiomates can be acceptable. Two is just rubbing salt in your opponent's wounds.

Tohaa don't have to be superior to get close to their opponents. We have Eclipse smoke.

12. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm chicken, so I usually run 'Mates, but I think this is right. The combi game in tohaa is so strong, I've found that the SWC-free stuff usually outperforms. Once I started using smoke to force the 8-16 range it can be a real mess for my opponents (0-8 is a bit dicier in my group given the amount of Haqq rifle+shotties around). I started bringing the battlecats for the smoke (and for a 12 point 2 wound model with two synced CC nightmares...), and plenty of makauls help me get upfield fast. The Kaeltar is usually just an expensive shotty.

ChoTimberwolf, Golem2God and Cothel like this.
  13. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

It's telling that this almost seems like self-flagellation.

14. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

I like the fish guy. Both profiles have something to offer, and with limited camo, and minelayer, it seems like it would be a fun addition to leave near a Nikoul to guard your back line.

Golem2God and Cothel like this.
  15. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Never (well mostly) I don't take these profile of Neema. And when you take 2 Kaeltar, HMG & ML Sakiel and LRL Sukeul there aren't many SWC left :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: Forgot Sniper Gao Rael

Golem2God likes this.
  16. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

When you take two Kaeltar at least one should be with Bombs because Bombs are way more fun and entertaining. This is a game and it should be fun and entertaining. And they don't cost SWC.

The only required SWC for Tohaa is the Light Rocket Launcher Sakiel.

Golem2God likes this.
  17. Hiereth

Hiereth AI Artichoke

Bombs would be more fun if they didn't disappoint me so much, in theory they're more fun, and if they see changes I'll take them more (when I go back to Tohaa).

#17 Hiereth, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  18. Cothel

Cothel Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Bombs be Disposable 2 or 3. Too often they just fail even with WIP 14 units.

WiT?, ChoTimberwolf and Abrilete like this.
  19. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Imo Bombs need a rework and a CoC. Disposable(1) is just not enough.

While it's true mates are a bit messed up, in any real game you just have to spam them. Like you can play Ariadna without camo, you just don't.

ChoTimberwolf, Golem2God and Cothel like this.
  20. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

The minelayer libertos has pretty much immediately made its way into all my Tohaa lists, typically displacing one of many auxilars. It's the perfect reserve drop model given I'm one of those people who likes lots of symbiomates.

WiT? and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation