1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Review of N4 profiles, changes and opinions

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Spitfire_TheCat, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

Multi HMG and HMC had almost the same cost in n3...and in n4 seem they are the same, even if HMC is superior in B and range. MHMG is better in reactive because of the exp.

The other difference are pilots. For some people, KHD on szally was too OP in n3 (which actually made szally the only tag in the game that could be entirelly destroyed by a hacker using hacking. Even if the possibilities were remote, no other TAG got them). But I also thing that Lyzzie's pilot is a bit better than Szally's because both non-hackable and SMG.

But at least it got their points checked this edition change...it could have been worse

#221 Armihaul, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  2. SpectralOwl

Technical quibble, all Remote Presence TAGs could be destroyed by the Goodnight program on the Samaritan in N3. I personally consider the Szally pilot to be more useful than the Lizzie, because the KHD can come in handy against weaker Hackers in good positions that would otherwise threaten the TAG, and it grants access to a Mine-ignoring Marker for objective grabbing when things are desperate. In straight combat the Lizzie pilot is better, but frankly straight combat is why you brought the TAG she sits in, not the Pilot.

3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

MHMG*
    And it isn't a minor point on a TAG, they make a lot of ARO shots. I still give HMC the preference thou.

4. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

I'd argue the HRMC is better in ARO.
    To make DAM16 DA vs DAM 16 EXP matter you need a very hard target and win the FTF.
    The extended 0 Rangeband for AROs to defend vs Snipers and MLs should compensate nicely for the few cases where the Multi HMG turns out better in Reactive.

And ofc the Active Turn Bonus +Burst is no joke, especially with the same 0 Rangeband to blow up Sniper/ML Aro pieces >32".

5. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

it was a typo, sorry, I meant MHMG

6. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

One reason to like Lizzie more is linked Clockmakers with b3 Gizmokits in BJC, though admittedly there you don't have the choice of Sally

7. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

You don't need a very hard target for it to make a significant difference. Like I said I do rate the HMC higher, I don't think it's even that close. But that ARO type makes a pretty big difference for downing guys with one hit.

8. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

biggest impact by far is winning the FTF with a B1 ARO.
    How deadly you are afterwards looks good on paper, it's 50% more deadly otherwise. That's nice until you realize 1W ARM3 in Cover has a 75% chance to go down vs DA and 87.5% vs EXP (disregarding crits).
    On a 20% success chance ARO that's a a 1/6th increase that's improving the odds to do damage from 15% to 17.5%. Gap goes wider against Multiwound models but shrinks vs lower ARM and no Cover.

The 0 Rangeband, when relevant, on the other hand increases a 20% success chance to roughly 30%. Again vs ARM3 in Cover that's 21.25% for the HRMC vs 17.5% for the HMG.
    On top of that it also lowers the risk for yourself to take damage by the sam flat +15%, the HMG never increases survivability.

And that's disregarding almost a quarter of the initial 20% success chance would have to be Crits making that 3 ARM rolls vs 4 ARM rolls.

Just to quantify why to me the the Rangeband has more impact than EXP vs DA here.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation