1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First list, looking for thoughts.

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Haveatya, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Haveatya

Haveatya New Member

[​IMG] Jotum, Fusiliers, Hackers
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] FUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] FUSILIER (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] FUSILIER Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] JOTUM MULTI HMG + Heavy Flamethrower, D.E.P. / . (2 | 103)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CRABBOT Flash Pulse / Knife. ()
    [​IMG] BOLT Hacker (Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
    [​IMG] HEXA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 27)
    [​IMG] SWISS GUARD Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) MULTI Rifle / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 70)
    [​IMG] MACHINIST Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)

3 SWC | 296 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I really like the idea of a TAG serving as my battle tank so to say, but am worried i am lacking in other departments.

2. Andre82

Andre82 Well-Known Member

Well the first bit of advice I can give and one of the main reasons Infinity lists are so hard to tell what is a good and what's a bad is that lists get made without context for the missions you are going to use them in.
    The "generic" list almost dose not exist.

Still even without context, the two things that stand out to me is a lack of board control, The Jotum is not a bad ARO unit but it's probably not going to keep both flanks safe. With that in mind you might consider modifying that Swiss Guard to a missile launcher or HMG.
    The other thing that stands out is your Bolt Hacker. What was the thinking behind him?

3. Haveatya

Haveatya New Member

Seemed like a good option for disabling some stuff for the Jotum to clean, or room breaching alternative. Looks nice and flexible

4. Haveatya

Haveatya New Member

I've only ever had a demo game and watched some BATREPs so point out obvious flaws. I'd rather know now!

#4 Haveatya, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  5. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Hi @Haveatya , welcome to Infinity and welcome to PanOceania!

As first stabs at a list go, that's pretty solid. Under the current tournament rules there are advantages to keeping a single 10-order group instead of 11 or more split into 2 groups, so that's ok as is your focus around your TAG.

Now, you are also good to support your TAG with Hacking, but probably also want a PalBot for your Engineer so you have two chances to repair under fire and to take advantage of their high speed and small size for dodging LoF.

You could also swap out the Paramedic for a Trauma Doc with a PalBot (to do the same job, just better) while dropping the Bolt Hacker down to a Fusilier Hacker (the former is better at the job, but not enough so to justify the points cost).

The Swiss Guard Assault Hacking Device isn't necessarily the right choice here, the Swiss HMG probably adds more in terms of an additional attack vector. There's nothing WRONG with the Hacker, the HMG is probably just a better option here overall.

Lastly you can use Fugazi instead of regular Fusiliers, as they are cheaper, have Mimetism to help keep them alive (and the double-unconscious of Remote Presence) and have a better ARO option (Flash Pulse on WIP 13). Or you could use different "cheerleaders" for order generation that are more effectively defensively (the Acontecimento Regular Minelayer and Auxilia Forward Observer are excellent choices) but there's nothing wrong with your Fusiliers generally so they are ok to hang on to. It's about maximising your advantages from Vanilla here.

You'll end up with something like this:

[​IMG] PanOceania
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] FUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] FUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] JOTUM MULTI HMG + Heavy Flamethrower, D.E.P. / . (2 | 103)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CRABBOT Flash Pulse / Knife. ()
    [​IMG] MACHINIST Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] PALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] TRAUMA-DOC Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] PALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] HEXA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 27)
    [​IMG] SWISS GUARD HMG / Pistol, AP CCW. (2 | 68)
    [​IMG] AUXILIA (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle + AUXBOT_1 / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] AUXBOT_1 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    [​IMG] REGULAR (Minelayer, Sensor) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Káosz Brigodéros likes this.
  6. Haveatya

Haveatya New Member

Interesting, thanks!

i had been told that 3 SWC is list standard for standard play? Is that a local thing, old thing, etc?

7. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Whoever told you that was wrong. SWC is tied to the list size; for each 50 pts. you have 1 SWC to spend. So if you're playing a 150 pts. you can use 3 SWC, 5 SWC at 250, etc. Standard game size is 300 pts./6 SWC.

8. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Well, 150 pts is pretty "standard" for introductory game (not tournament standard by any means), so that's probably where 3 SWC comes from. Although in this case the thought wasn't communicated very well, it seems.

Stiopa likes this.
  9. xammy

xammy Keeper of Random Facts and Strong Opinions

You could play the list you first posted but it would require a very clean well executed game. That's a hard way to learn and improve. The list @AdmiralJCJF shared is a great list that has the same flavor as your original list but with better support options. This can be far more forgiving when mistakes are made. It is still a 10 order list which will require you to play each order with a purpose. You have a total of 30 + 3 Lt orders during the game (if everything survives), so you'll have to have a game plan.

10. Haveatya

Haveatya New Member

Having the additional SWC is excellent! I felt lacking in firepower. Having 2 of 3 SWC in my TAG and then needing hacker support for it left me without weapons. That extra SWC is much needed. The Swiss Guard seems like a very lethal option, I could see him being the real punch in a turn phase with the Jotum distracting the major baddies.

Hiereth and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  11. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

At 150pts, sure.

For a 300pt list 6SWC is the max set out by the main rulebook.

It's 1SWC for every 50pts.

Yeah, a second attack vector is excellent.

You use the Jotum to smash anything the enemy has that is a threat to the Swiss Guard (basically any ARO pieces which have MSV) and then murder everything else you can see/get to see with your Swiss Guard.

Don't get too kill-happy before you accomplish the mission 'though... you CAN lose the game because you kill too many enemy units and they retreat before you get to score.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation