1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First impressions

Discussion in 'Reckless Hearts' started by csjarrat, Sep 3, 2019.

1. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

So I had my first game of the league last night, match was blitz.
    Used axl, Hippolyta, fiddler and laxmee.
    Overall axl was reasonable. Didn't pack much of a punch but was good for engaging people and slowing them down. That high ini was excellent for out activating ranged characters and locking them down.
    Hippolyta was quite tanky, took a lot of defence rolls and hung in there whilst boosting the ini of everyone well (though with this team it wasn't that necessary). Neither of the new guys put out much melee damage due to below average dice however, so I wouldn't rely on them for consistent frags. (Fiddler got the only kill and that was through a tactic lol)

#1 csjarrat, Sep 3, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Ealthril likes this.
  2. Ealthril

Ealthril Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Thank you for your feedback.

With your team having already high initiatives, don't you think Hyppolita could be more useful with lower initatives characters, for instance with those who have 5 or less?

What was the opponent's team?

3. csjarrat

Yeah I used her because she was painted and I wanted to get her on the table for the first time, with that specific team I'd rather have had a pure melee beater instead of her but she is quite resilient, she only went down to several rounds of chip damage from multiple activations which I was fairly impressed by.
    She would definitely benefit the slower characters more however, she was a bit wasted here.

Opponent's team was lunah, Hannibal, eclipse, bixie.
    Lunah put out a bit of chip damage, mainly through supressive fire but was fairly well contained for most of the game, eclipse and bixie were a pain in the arse putting out dazzled, marked etc that kept getting moon cycled on Hippolyta, not that she cared much as spent a lot of time engaged anyway.
    Hannibal did very little and bixie did her usual teleportation from zone to zone.
    I got a narrow win, 7-6

Ealthril likes this.
  4. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

I'm actually thinking her ability to break ties will be super important. It'll be great getting slow characters going faster, but breaking ties that might've gone unfavorably due to Underdog will be huge IMO.

Ealthril likes this.
  5. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

She combos relatively well with Hannibal.
    She becomes a bit more of a threat with the 2nd Orange die, whilst Hannibal getting the chance to trigger other people's abilities at 7 Initiative is quite something.

Ealthril likes this.
  6. Chikahiro

Maybe a dumb question, but does anyone not combo well with Hannibal? It seems to be good or great with him.

csjarrat likes this.
  7. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

I think Aristos with attacks profit more, as „pointman“ is so nice. Oberon for example is less impressed by Hannibal ;)

8. Chikahiro

This is true. Attacking characters are great with Hannibal. But giving Oberon a chance to use "You'll Forget" again on Hannibal's turn is good.

Code <Dive> and Code <Timeout> go well with Oberon as well. Code <Audible> is good for him as well.

So, admittedly, no Pointman (unless Oberon has to use Contender, and that's a horrible situation) but I think he can do quite well with Hannibal overall.

Croepoek likes this.
  9. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Nobody hates to have Hannibal on their team, but some Aristos benefit from him a LOT more.

10. csjarrat

Yeah played a full league with both the new additions and ended up decidedly unimpressed with both.
    Axl is ok as a second line scorer but puts out fairly meh chip damage in melee and the dedicated scorers are faster.
    Hippolyta puts out fairly meh chip damage in melee but does bring some nice tactics and the ini boost can be nice for your low ini aristos.
    Whether that's enough to justify her slot for you is up to you decide but it'd need a specific strategy and specific team build to get the most out of

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation