1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First impressions on Vedic now that it's on army?

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Bard, Sep 10, 2018.

1. The Revanchist

The Revanchist Well-Known Member

I know the Line Kazak has been available since Paradiso released, though I don't remember if the Securitate was (though the profile certainly changed).

OSS will likely see the Deva as their profile for the Chandra. No, I'm sure that OSS will not have to use the Thorakites profile forever.

2. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Sometimes it would probably be good to remember that ijw has a life and a job etc etc, and that his presence on the forums and occasional assistance on rules matters is something that is helpful but not required of him. Nor is it something where we need to be haranguing him on. It's a game, be cool. I'm sure that we'll get official broader clarity on matters that aren't 100% clear to you.

3. Plex

Plex Taagma without a scheme

Onyx is still using the Treitak... :face_with_rolling_eyes:

4. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

I'm 90% certain Securitate wasn't available until Tunguska dropped, and then was available from day 1.

#284 paraelix, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

@paraelix I'm assuming your quote of me there is a mistake?

6. paraelix

Multiquote at it's finest, @ijw

7. UnderDarkLord

UnderDarkLord Member

Because they're saving the Posthuman uber-SpecOps, Dart style, for a surprise release? Man, I'd hope for that, but I'll speculate that it's just because the SpecOps rules, from what I've seen, are not particularly supported, and since OS don't have a real LI appropriate for the role I assume they just shrugged, and didn't care much since they're phasing it out. . . That, or the conspiracies that Coldfront was designed to release TAK, and OS was a secondary concern, are valid.

xagroth and Nemo No Name like this.
  8. kinginyellow

kinginyellow Well-Known Member

A spec ops dakini would be a funny concept to be fair. A sneaky Rambo looking little robot just gives a silly mental image.

xagroth likes this.
  9. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

Spec Ops would likely be a Deva or Yadu if/when they get around to releasing one, plus Spec Ops aren't limited to LI, the Thorakite are MI as are Grunts (USARF).
    (O.S.S. is a much better acronym, both written and spoken aloud, than O.S.)

10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

A Deva Specops was "discarded" because of having NWI (by the community), so the Yadu would be even more discarded (due to Shock inmunity), the point cost is not an issue since Haqquislam has really expensive ones (funnily enough, a Hafza Specops).
    In that regard, I'd think the most likely candidates would be a non-Jumper Apsaras (KHD), a Sukra (doubtful, because CoC... maybe he could lose it and get a Combi for 21-22 points?) or an Arjuna without bots.

Also, choosing the Yadu would mean Invincible Army using a Terracota Specops XD

Cartographer likes this.
  11. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

I'm happy with that, it's thematically appropriate and would be awesome elsewhere as well.
    (it's not like you can't blow 10xp on a second wound if you wanted anyway)

Wyrmnax and xagroth like this.
  12. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

By all respects OS should get Devas as their SpecOps.

And I'm fine with Invincible Army getting Terracotta SpecOps.

Although, I'd just prefer if they redid the whole experience rules from ground up.

13. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Yeah spec-ops is a bit of a mess imo

DarkBlack and paraelix like this.
  14. paraelix

Muyibs get Dogged... I don't see the problem. Also, Muyibs are 24pts where the Hafza is 16...

The Revanchist, xagroth and Stiopa like this.
  15. paraelix

This x1000.

16. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

You can't self-heal from Dogged, while you can from NWI. Plus Devas start at WIP 15 and BS 12 (kinda elite for a Light Infantry with armor on the upper end of that classification!) XD

17. paraelix

And Muyibs start with a Panzerfaust, D-charges, and the same Arm value. The Panzerfaust itself would cost a Spec Ops 4xp, where it only costs 2xp to buff Wip by 1 to have the Muyib equal the Deva.

At the end of the day, Deva is the line trooper... And it's worth a whole 1 point less than the Muyib Spec Ops.

The Revanchist and xagroth like this.
  18. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

On the other hand, Devas don't have Panzerfausts and LSgs. I don't think a Deva spec-op would be any more troublesome than any other spec-op (spec-ops are all pretty troublesome mind)

xagroth likes this.
  19. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Muyibs have WIP 14 and same BS and ARM, so they're pretty elite as well. And their weapon package is more versatile.

Deva Spec-Ops would be strong, but not overly so. Though I agree with Nemo, the whole XP system should be reworked. Taking some skills should block some other options, but open other possibilities (kinda like a skill tree, but without railroading any build down a specific path. With some combinations blocked more skills could be included. Same goes for weapons; some combinations could be blocked. And the whole system could be more customized to fit the faction.

20. UnderDarkLord

UnderDarkLord Member

I mean, I love O.S.S. too, because of the OG real life version if nothing else, but CB are using OS a lot, so I'm not going to hold my breath that O.S.S. will be anything but a fan nickname, like Vedic.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation