1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First impressions of the Liu Xing on the table.

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Alphz, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

In the descriptions they gave us, there there was no blast. Just landing behind and no reaction from the enemy. I think we all agree that the Explode LX is a gimmick at best and not to be relied on at all. A Liu Xing is still going to be great coming in out of LoF and then hosing down small fry order generators. Just as good as a Tiger in many scenarios. For myself with Tigers, i'm usually working with them at ranges where their Mimetisim is not all that helpful. They may be -3 for that, but most of the time I'm inside the +3 range. At least the LX can take a hit and keep going.

2. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

It's actually only a 65% chance to work as planned when you factor in the odds of a failed drop with the odds of dieing outright to combi rifle shots, but I digress.

3. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Just thought I'd throw in a last couple of thoughts.

Again, I think the Liu Xing is not terribly suited to hunting links. Although maybe that is what the BSG is for.

Against other units though with the multi rifle, wherever possible, drop cover if it also denies your opponent cover. The higher mods benefit your higher burst. Obviously, if you can keep cover and deny theirs, even better.

This increases your output significantly, and because you have 2W, this is a risk that can be taken - and one of the main differentiators with Tigers.

A liu xing multi against a BS14 2W heavy infantry combi;

53% 1 wound
    20% 2 wounds

15% liu xing takes a wound (2.2% dead if trying twice (15% x 15%)

Compare to a tiger in a similar situation, keeping cover;

43% 1 wounds
    9% 2 wounds

9% tiger dead.

Section9 and Paegis like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation