1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fireteams and Soldiers of Fortune

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Mahtamori, May 22, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

By moderator request; can Soldiers of Fortune form Fireteams in sectorials which have the mercenaries as their own linkable unit? Ex: Druze in QK or DBS.

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Common_Requirements

"
    A Fireteam must be composed of troopers belonging to the same unit, or of those that the Sectorial Army List specifies are able to do so. Some special Fireteams can ignore this Requirement, as specified in their description or in the Sectorial Army List.
    "

So, in Druze Bayram Security, does Druze (Mercenary profile) fulfill the common Fireteam requirements? I.e. does the requirement of being same unit limit to simply having the same name or does it require same unit entry, or is it even possibly that the unit entry must be in the sectorial?

inane.imp likes this.
  2. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

Interesting question... I note that on Army, when you add Mercs to the Druze NA2 sectorial, the new Druze profile that shows up is separate, lacks any Fireteam notes, and has a separate AVA. Since the original Druze troops already have AVA total, I'm not sure what this gets you, though.

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Nothing in DBS, true, but in QK (I should probably report the error that SOF Druze don't show up in QK) you only have AVA 5 for Veteran Troops Druze.

4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Database labels: Very likely there is a Druze entry (that has those profiles) for the QK Druze, another for the Haqq Vanilla Druze, another for the SoF Druze, and another for the DBS Druze. If we were talking really big databases there would be calls between different profiles and gear/skills, but I'd bet here it's just a line per profile per each one of the 4 entries.
    So activating SOF makes it appear all the profiles, aside from the characters that are already present on that profile.

As for linkability, I'd say no, you don't get to link them if they don't have the link option in SoF despite having it on the non-SOF profile.

Xeurian likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation