1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fireteam changes in Bakunin

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Tristan228, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

Right, so you could start activating your other impetuous models first before deciding to break the fireteam and activate the morlocks.

2. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

that's how i read it yeah

3. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Things I like:

- Taskmaster + 2 Morlock Haris is great and Fluffy. GOLD STAR.
    - Reverends are finally fully intermixable. HOORAY. Still too expensive and fragile to seriously consider but still, I like it. Cheaper 'Reverend Initiate' profiles (similar to cheerkillers) that could mix in might help.
    - Cores other than 5 are worth considering now. Like +3 BS on a Moderator isn't something I fundamentally need. Bit sixth sense on the Hacker is. Or a 3 trooper mixed core might fit better than a 5.

Things I don't like:
    - Taskmasters still go with Riot Grrrls (and prob lead them as Lt) which seems fundamentally anti feminist. Which seems an anathema to the core reason to exist of the unit. If they go in a core it should be Moderators.
    - Wolfgang seems useless in a Moderator Core.
    - The Tsyklon in a core went from broken good to quite meh. I get why but its a bit sad. The Spitfire still has a place in an aggressive Haris I think but I feel like maybe assisted fire should be a bit easier to get for Nomad REMs to split the difference - I really like the vibe of Nomads using REMs on point and it matches the fluff.
    - The peak fire-power for cost of Cores in general got nerfed, and I get why, but TAGs already were better at that and didn't get nerfed. Which undermines the core game mechanic reasons to take Sectorials at all. Vanilla was already stronger.

DukeofEarl, Savnock and barakiel like this.
  4. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Pure RG core with BS 16 + MSV1 + Sixth S. is hell of a resilient team. Had some fun with 4 missles, and they just make me neglect the presence of the Observance in Bakunin :P

DukeofEarl, Savnock and barakiel like this.
  5. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

To be fair to the Riot Grrls, the Observance part of Bakunin has always been pretty terrible and overcosted (Reverends + Sin Eaters). This is not a fault of the Riot Grrls but on CBs part for not giving the Observance part the makeover they desperately need.

Savnock, Ugin and burlesford like this.
  6. joedj

joedj Member

Anti-feminist? Think of it as a Masters Degree in tasking. My wife, The TaskMaster, certainly does... :D

archon likes this.
  7. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yep, the Observance definately needs some attention since they take a huge role in a serious part of Bakunin's background.

Just keeping them in the level of 'hard to play, but kinda playble' is far from making a faction attractive.

Savnock likes this.
  8. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

I haven't used any observance units yet. I know those profiles exist, but I see no reason to put them on the field. They did get some attention recently, but unfortunately that attention was more along the lines of "let's add rules and equipment." That's pretty much the opposite of what they needed... They needed a cost reduction, not a cost increase.

The one exception is Kusanagi. While she typically doesn't make my lists, I do see some roles for her. The challenge is just that the Vostok brings pretty much identical durability and gunfighting prowess, plus more speed, the ability to Wildcard, and the ability to be Engineered with ease and efficiency. Hacking vulnerability is counterbalanced by access to Supportware.

Savnock, Tourniquet and Hachiman Taro like this.
  9. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Yeah Obervance are cool but need some more cost efficiency to be seen on the table regularly.

Savnock likes this.
  10. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

That and the Vostok being a wildcard makes an utter mockery of anyone trying to build a battlenun fireteam with the goal of getting a Mimetic-6 shooter.

Delta57Dash, Savnock and Hecaton like this.
  11. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

I wouldn't mind a durability bump for them, if their stats could otherwise be tweaked to avoid a significant cost increase. The stock on Mimetism -6 and Zappers goes way up when you can tank a hit.

Agreed with @Hachiman Taro that the Taskmaster + Chimera team's great. Obviously it has great close-range application, and being able to get Regular Chimeras at 6 points already increases the extremely nice order efficiency built in to Bakunin. Being able to toss Burst 2 smoke is great. The Taskmaster HMG got way more appealing now too, now that a Burst 5, BS13 HMG is a pretty competitive gunfighting option once more.

I'm glad that the Vostok isn't quite so easy to supercharge. Honestly it's still phenomenal in any link it joins, but at least it doesn't feel absurd.

Overall, I think Bakunin's fortunate because they actually got some interesting options. Not all sectorials benefited quite so much... Vanilla's untouched, guided is still super strong, TAGs are more dominant in a firefight.

12. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

With a half decent doctor (Rev Healer) that can be embedded in their team just giving the shock immunity so they can be picked back up would go a long way.

DukeofEarl and Savnock like this.
  13. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Also the DTW spam of this edition hits them real hard too.

NorthernNomad likes this.
  14. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

DTW spam needs an whole-game rebalancing, so addressing it on the unit seems like asking for more bloat.

But Shock Immunity seems very Bakunin.

And yeah, Taskmasters should be with Moderators, dangit. Not coherent or whatever the new rule is, but mixable. Putting them with Riot Grrls never seemed right in either gameplay/list choice or in fluff.

15. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Vostoks being Wildcard just nailed the coffin which is filled with Moiras' tears... It's quite a questionable positioning of STR 2, -6 Mime battletank.

Savnock likes this.
  16. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Agreed. It's been a signature ability of Moderators since forever.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  17. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

I'd rather take Kusanagi alone than the Vostok in any fireteam she's better in almost all aspects.

NorthernNomad likes this.
  18. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

A Rev Healer/Vostok/Kusanagi haris might be interesting.

19. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Hmmm...
    that's really expensiv for three measly orders

VOSTOK (Mimetism [-6]) Mk12(+1 Dam) / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 44)
    KUSANAGI MULTI Rifle, Light Flamethrower, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 40)
    REVEREND HEALER Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 33)

0 SWC | 117 Points

compare it to the following:

KUSANAGI Spitfire / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (1.5 | 42)
    REVEREND MOIRA MULTI Rifle, E/M Grenade Launcher, Zapper / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (1 | 35)
    REVEREND HEALER Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 33)

2.5 SWC | 110 Points

that's +1 Order, Discover Bonus and a Morlock :wink:

burlesford likes this.
  20. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Has anyone seriously taken three Chimeras? I'm wondering about a core with Riot Girls (pure or mixed, not sure), then a ton of Chimeras and getting all up in the opponents shit. A chimera lurking nearby can cover any nasty long range ARO the girls can't handle, and allow them to get stuck in and smash shit.

I dunno. One trick lists are not usually my thing. But 9+ impetuous models sounds funny as hell

Its also down a wound, and you are paying 2.5 swc for that morlock

burlesford likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation