1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female Knights!

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by ThananRollice, Mar 25, 2018.

1. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

Agreed. I just ignore the fluff completely. I don't care about backstory or anything like that. It's just a game for me,

yojamesbo likes this.
  2. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

@Pen-dragon
    Because PanO is so huge and wealthy, they do not get so many recruits, there are many ways for the general PanO population to go and increase their life status outside the military, essentially the army gets whoever really wants to go, hence so heavy incentive programs to join the army and the MO.

Mind you PanO is not at a state of war, nobody is despite the CA in Paradiso.

Now Nomads and Ariadna on the other hand have a big part of their population under arms and while Tunguska and Bakunin have it relatively easy Corregidor population is mostly mobilised, in fact Nomads kinda have too much armed forces, Ariadna is in a constant war state with Antipodes and now colonising corporations they are well and truly mobilised and have been for many decades.

My comment on able bodied is to indicate neither PanO military nor MO cheapen their recruitment process to accommodate women, if they pass they pass, if not they did not.

Golem2God likes this.
  3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

@psychoticstorm I don't think the fluff up until now has talked about a Muslim population in PanO at all.

4. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

It mentions it in passing only, with the absorption of the Philippines and Indonesia.

5. Hecaton

I thought Indonesia and Malaysia were founding members of PanO along with Australia and New Zealand.

6. psychoticstorm

Correct, the Philippines were absorbed.

7. A Mão Esquerda

Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, India, and the rest of the area.

8. Hecaton

They're part of PanO, yes, but they weren't part of the founding of the organization.

9. psychoticstorm

No, but their inclusion was what made PanOceania, PanOceania! I thing it is Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, then Philippines were added and their addition tipped India to join then south America wanted to join, but only two countries were allowed (can't remember who)

10. A Mão Esquerda

Yes, they were, as noted in the first background book, with Australia and New Zealand striking an alliance with Indonesia and Malaysia, recognizing the need to include the Philippines to expand the market, and an equalizing India providing the last part so the "motley group of nations was the nucleus of PanOceania".

11. A Mão Esquerda

Chile and Brasil.

psychoticstorm likes this.
  12. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that part of the fluff suffers on the "show, don't tell" side of presentation.

13. psychoticstorm

I do not disagree.

Hecaton likes this.
  14. Hecaton

@A Mão Esquerda What I seem to remember was India joined after the Philippines.

15. A Mão Esquerda

India was the final piece that made it "PanOceania". Australia and New Zealand tying themselves to Malaysia and Indonesia, the Philippines to expand the market and protect against encroachment from the PRC, and India bringing everything together to move beyond mere alliances and treaties into a new nation, followed by (at least among those named) Chile, Brasil and the remnants of the EU.

Golem2God likes this.
  16. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Well, on the "show, don't tell" front,

The Sikhs do have an entire unit dedicated to them, at least.

17. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Exactly, and then you have entire army of Catholic orders that look like they have much more resources. So on this front it makes an impression that PanOceania is predominantly Catholic, and most of the rest struggle for being significant.

Hecaton likes this.
  18. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Well, it's the Muslim minority that I'd like to see more of personally.

Indonesia basically disappears into PanO without even a ripple right now.

Hecaton and stevenart74 like this.
  19. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Indeed, @AdmiralJCJF. . .

I want to see a Pan-O S.W.A.T. named Character that is inspired by "Rama", the main Character of the police action movie "The Raid" (Serbuan Maut, 2011) excellently played by Iko Uwais (an Indonesian Martial Artist of Pentjak Shilat, that could be considered equal to the awesome Tony Jaa of "Ong Bak" for Muai Thai). . .

It is one of the best renditions of a Muslim Indonesian doing an Action Movie flick; the Character prays at home, kneeling towards Mecca, before going for a doomed police raid in an "Atek Fortress" and, during the worse desperation-moments of the Movie clearly take upon how an Honest Cop will draw on the "Seven Pillars Of Islam" to gain moral fortitude and much needed courage. . .

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  20. psychoticstorm

I do not think Muslim, Hindu and Sikh are minorities in PanO, they probably are quite strong forces and at least one religion lobby is named in the fluff, I forget what religion I think Hindu, the church definitely shows off though, the effort they go to push themselves in all fronts suggests the other religions are not minor players.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation