1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female Knights!

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by ThananRollice, Mar 25, 2018.

1. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Dark one or what ?;P

2. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Doesn't matter as long as they're cold and you keep them coming.

Beer and Infinty. Awesome.

yojamesbo likes this.
  3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

This thread deserves a niche, secret meme:

[​IMG]

yojamesbo likes this.
  4. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

Anybody else feel bothered by the sculpted in hospitaller cross ?

Kinda makes it clash if you are running them with Santiago knights in link.

Nothing world ending, just... annoying

Pierzasty likes this.
  5. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Yea, unless you have to drive afterwards ;/

6. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

I think it seems to be raised, so I don't think it isn't something a file couldn't take out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

7. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Put an additional level of paint and then do a transfer ?

8. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

To
    To me it looks like its carved into shoulder. If it is just a relief , then it shouldnt be a big deal.

9. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Actually it looks more like Magisters logo, than Hospitaller cross.

10. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I take great offence in you putting political beliefs and motivations like social justice in what I say, its quite simple Sepulchre is my order (duh) and I would really like a cool female knight model from that order, would not die if we do not get one, but would be nice.

Now why there should be female knights, priests ectr, it has more to do with the setting and how realistically the church had to react to remain relevant and in power in PanO especially after all their strongholds of power wend down after the Aurora disaster and the unification of the different christian churches some of whom already had female priests, It makes sense for the church to open up and have more involvement from both genders especially since most founding members of PanO were not Christians.

I assure you its not a social justice or "equality" ideological movement behind what I say, I just like cool female models.

No, military order has its roots to actual military orders of the old, all were created by the church when the secular PanO military, especially the high command did not want anything to do with religion, their solution to establish Christianity inside the PanO military was to create private military companies (the military orders) and donate them to the PanO military.

The heads are not oversized, let me explain, renders are a bit oversized on some parts because the printing and casting reduces the models volume we will be able to judge the helmets size once we see the actual painted models.

Abrilete and Lampyridae like this.
  11. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

Ah, I have learned something tonight :)
    Thanks.

AdmiralJCJF, Reece and ThananRollice like this.
  12. TanakoSkyler22

TanakoSkyler22 Varunan Diplomat

@psychoticstorm Of course. But since the Female Knights are on a profile for something I do not plan on playing, purchasing the full box seems silly. :P

13. psychoticstorm

14. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

I might be misremembering things. But i recall the original fluff referring to the revival of the orders.

It would be odd that the church now draws up on multiple traditions in its unification. But somehow ignores the traditions and roles of the orders.

What's more while they are independent to the chain of command of the pano military.

The military orders dont really function like PMCs. Druze for example are PMCs as are all the non aligned armies aside from JSA.

There is clearly a level of tradition present among the orders, represented in the full knight, magister knight and order sgt. Hiererchy.

Or are we to assume that the order does not provide equipment to its members and those in power armor are only wealthy members who can afford it.

15. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

I guess I am a little weak on my background. Are Magister Knights their own order, or are they a collection of individuals from different orders? If they are a collection of different orders, I see no reason why an order of warrior nuns, wouldn't tithe some of their female warriors to the Magister Knights. If they are their own order, then the split gender representation becomes much less believable. I have read at least one fluff blurb, that chastity is still one of their vows. If the order has a 'no-nookie clause', coed members is asking for trouble, and seems highly unlikely.

Based off their fireteam options, it really seems like they are intended to be fielded as minor members of the Knights Hospitalier, or Santiago Knights. Again I would really have to question a mixed gender chaste order. I don't think it would happen. (Or if it did, it wouldn't be long before it fell apart in scandal, or the rumor of scandal.)

That being said, I am mostly dissapointed in the lack of boob-plate.

16. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

[​IMG]

17. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Not exactly, Magister logo while being similar has some distinctive enging of the cross, plus less narrow internal angle (between "wings" of the cross part).

18. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Actually it doesn't, but I don't really think we want to derail this thread into this particular discussion.

On top of that, as far as I know (for example) anglicans are not doing exactly well although their quite high amount of "ordained" women (to make IRL reference).

Hecaton and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  19. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

Off topic tangent:

It makes sense if you're unfamiliar with what limited data we do have on trends in church membership from the past few decades. Churches in the West have all been suffering reduced participation, but those that have responded by becoming more and more "open" have fared decidedly worse than their orthodox counterparts.

Which isn't really surprising. When the church accommodates itself to a hostile culture, it loses its reason to exist. What, exactly, is the draw of a religious institution that changes its teachings and practices the minute they become unpopular?

"Look, we know you disliked our beliefs, but we've changed them! How do you like us now?"

Very compelling stuff, that.

Pierzasty and Kahlain like this.
  20. psychoticstorm

They are PMC is the legal sense, the church wanted to shove christian units in PanO military they declined they created the orders of the Hospital and the Temple and donated them to PanO military (Hey we are giving you free armed and trained troops, no strings attached, you surely cannot deny such a generous offer?) the Church would by no means be allowed to create their own army and donate it to PanOceania, by definition they created two private military companies and donated them to PanOceania.

Military orders are for all terms and purposes a part of the PanOceania army but their creation and allegiance to the church makes them a private (military) company as is seen for example with the patterns of the Temple after its disbanding, if they were part of the army the patterns would belong to the army and not taken by the order of the Hospital.

All other orders were formed and donated in the same way, their names are influenced by the orders of old but it is stated that no order of old existed when the new military orders formed.

Their status also allows them to exist outside PanO high command, in other ways allowing them to have traditions and recruitment processes that the army command might not really want to have.

They are still well integrated to the PanO military complex and their independent status is not that noticeable except in minor details as the above, church went a long way to have them so integrated and assimilated in and they made sure the MO troops get the outside support they need to be popular inside the army.

I am not sure how the financials work for them and what deals the church has with the army, the temple for as long as it existed made money out of its inventions (been mostly a R&D order) the order of the Hospital (who did most of the fighting) not so much.

Now as private organisations they could indeed have a males only admittance, probably this would be frowned upon PanO populace in general and the military command in particular, but I think the biggest motivator to accept both genders is combat casualties and recruitment rates and lets be honest no PanOceanian professional soldier would go somewhere were the possibility of rank progression is a dead end because of their gender.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation