1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fedaykins JSA, Mercs, Shasvastii and yu Jing

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Fed4ykin, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

My latest addition to the Roster of miscreants, Brawlers, and Mercs are the Unit which in big part is responsible for my coloursheme:
    Druze Shock Team! Finished them at the end of Janurary. Might be my best painted minis so far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Harlekin, Abydog, Golem2God and 3 others like this.
  2. Fed4ykin

[​IMG]
    Two Lovely ladies who will finish up my mercs unitl i decide otherwise. Octavia will be a Hunzakut, Druze Hacker will be a Druze marksman rifle.
    Then something i´ve been working on with the airbrush:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    As soon as i am finished with my last mercs. so hopefully at the end of this month. Fingers Crossed. I will continue with these basecoated fellas. Still need a lot of practice with the airbrush, but it was nice to get a nice smooth Gradiant of bright to dark blue on the minis. And a lot faster than with a brush.

Abydog, Golem2God, burlesford and 2 others like this.
  3. Fed4ykin

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Before the Lockdown i stumbled across these neontuffts and thought;" That looks so alien" and thus the idea for my shasvastii bases was born. still have do touch ups on the tactical rocks though.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    My Japanese got their snowbases. That was always the plan and i might have to make the snow fluffier in a second phase but for now it looks fine. Sorry for the potato photos. Wanted to share and just took the fotos with my phone.

redeemer, ETEA, Abydog and 4 others like this.
  4. Fed4ykin

Finished the last minis (for now) of my mercs, Let me introduce to you Octavia Grimsdottir, Hunzakut and the singer of Arch Enemy or simply a Druze Grenade launcher. First time painting bubblegum hair.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Because they are finished and based for now i made a Groupshot of these Bunch of Mercs. looking Good there Guys! [​IMG]

Jumara, redeemer, ETEA and 7 others like this.
  5. Fed4ykin

I was pretty busy with work, toddler and life itself. It´s so hard to squeeze hobbytime in between all these other requirements. Why didn´t anyone warn me that growing up is a trap :D
    anyways i wasn´t completly inactive i prepared the colorsheme for my whole Yu Ying. That was a hard with all these trimms. But well i have nobody but myself to blame i came up with this coloursheme.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Seriously even the miniatures in the pics background are now all on the same level that the basecolours are applied.
    Now the next step is highlighting, shading and details which i will do individually on each miniature as i am tired of patch painting for now.
    So naturally the first miniature i painted would be something in a completely different coloursheme...
    So Welcome with me the one and only Taowu who will unfortunately will be doing his part as HVT most of the time. [​IMG][​IMG]
    I wanted to make him younger than the official paintjob but not too young so he has some grey in his hair. but it is mostly still dark.
    I tried to push myself with the highlight on the suits so achieve the look of a Pimp/Mobster in a shiny suit. i think the result is okayish.

Jumara, redeemer, ETEA and 10 others like this.
  6. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Hey man, great job! Love that middle aged Taowu. Paintjobs like this help me remember all the possibilities a model gives you when you don't stick to the official scheme. I almost like him better that way!

Also, respect for that amount of batch painting. As someone who is facing a big batch of minis in the near future himself, I can only sympathize and hope you have a good, speedy process planned to get them all done in a reasonable timeframe. Especially since you seem to be rather busy anyway ;) If you're interested in some promising speedpainying techniques, let me know. I'm looking into those myself right now.

Cheering you on!

Fed4ykin likes this.
  7. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Also, since no one replied to your finished Druze project: They are looking good! The same goes for your Japanese. With the little amount of projects posted here that actually do get finished, it's a shame how little recognition the ones get who make it all the way to the end. Pat yourself on the shoulder, man, you've got some nice finished armies there!

Golem2God and Fed4ykin like this.
  8. Fed4ykin

Thanks man! Very much appreciated!
    I think the worst part in blocking out the basecolours is done now.
    I picked up a kuang shi yesterday and worked on him for about 1.5 hours. Just some details to do and he will be finished. I don't have to do big areas now it's a lot of highlights, Detailing and shading. It will take it's time but I will pull through.
    Will try to keep regular updates or when there is something to update.

#48 Fed4ykin, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    ZlaKhon and burlesford like this.
  9. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I must have missed that. Your armies look really good in my opinion. Certainly of a higher quality than I have produced so far.

Fed4ykin and burlesford like this.
  10. Fed4ykin

[​IMG]
    First a photo i forgot to post in my last post. my Tiger soilders on the left and my selfbuild Ye mao on the right. Ye mao are just tigers with coats and differnt back with small finns, decided to build them myself because the official design is the one and only design in yu jing i honestly dislike. I know what they where going for with the visors against snowblindness but it´s just not for me.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I finished the Kuang shi i started after Taowu. I am happy with him so there are just 6 more to do now. But he was painted rather fast. one and a half evenings.
    When i decided to give him a number i thought which one he should get but then had the idea to just roll a die. Will do the same with the Wu ming when i come to them.

ETEA, Oni, Uthoroc and 5 others like this.
  11. borisgreymenace

borisgreymenace killer heckler

the kuang shi looks too good. if i was a celestial guard, this paint job would make me think twice about hitting detonate. can't disappoint the StateEmpire with hesitation! (i.e. great job, looks awesome!)

Fed4ykin likes this.
  12. Fed4ykin

Was pretty productive this weekend since motivation was really high. Finished (sans basing) this lad here yesterday. such a cool and badass model. still not decided what i will do next. Celestial monitor, another kuang shi, more Wu Ming or some of the agents, what do you think?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

borisgreymenace, ETEA, Oni and 5 others like this.
  13. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Fed4ykin The Wu-Ming looks really good. You an excellent job painting all of these models. Lovely models of art besides neat looking game pieces.

14. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

I have to admit that your ability to come with colourful schemes without being too much of it amazes me.
    Please never stop doing that.

Fed4ykin likes this.
  15. Fed4ykin

So just in time for the weekend i fijnished (almost the holster and pistol isn´t finished) the Multi Hsien Warrior. In my opinion one of the coolest poses and Models in the whole range. let me know what you thnik of the cloak and sword since i am not a hundred percent sure if i am entirely happy with them. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. Koin-Koin

There's always a possibility to work anything further, the trick is to find when to stop ^^
    Being bad at this myself what is following is remotely an advice. Merely an opinion.
    Maybe the white part of the cape could be worked a bit more to get better contrast/delimitation.
    About the sword, it depends if you consider its blade to be visible or to be contained in sheath/scabbard.

17. Fed4ykin

As I read the miniature it is a blade as the daofei has a real scabbard which is clearly recognizable as scabbard.
    The whites on the cloak are actually 4 different shades of grey. But maybe I can work that out a little better.

18. Koin-Koin

The pic may fade the white shades. Sometimes pics enhance the paint-job, sometimes it really hide it. It still may gain a bit of contrast by darkening the recesses.
    I've just watched the studio pic and you're absolutely right about the scabbard thing, just a blade here. So I'd say it's OK as it is.

19. Fed4ykin

Finished my first Zhanying yesterday. I Think it´s funny how her left arm is completely different in design to her right arm or to the arms of the other zhanying in that matter as it has synthmuscle commonly found on HI but not on MI or LI. Anyway had a lot of fun painting this lovely lady. Next up Celestial Monitor.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

borisgreymenace, ETEA, Oni and 3 others like this.
  20. Fed4ykin

Finished the Celestial Guard Monitor. While i was at it i finished up a second Kuang shi for himn to blow up.
    I Think the next step will be finishing up the Fireteam with two additional Kuang Shi to get the Kuang shi out of the queue. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation