1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farewell Aristeia! ?!

Discussion in 'News' started by Gwynbleidd, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

The most recent email from CB seems to indicate that Aristeia! Is on its way out. Is this true? If so we are about to bid farewell to an excellent game and some very characterful miniatures (especially the metal ones).

2. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Indeed that looks like a big sell out. Intresting - the minis have no discount. That makes me wonder, if we see a second editon in autum?
    40-60 % can be tempting, even with the terrifiny shipping cost from espania.

Gwynbleidd and Golem2God like this.
  3. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Meh. Whatever...
    It's sad, but the game has been neglected and dead in most areas for a few years anyway. If CB doesn't care about the game then why should I?
    Hopefully CB will get into videogame business like GW at some point to promote there.

Barsik and ChrisCenobite like this.
  4. Camo Token

Camo Token Well-Known Member

The one game where CB didn't fail at testing the ruleset and production quality (even improving the initially poor PVC minis later and providing metal alternatives to the core set). A great game with a great set of rules, shame that they ceased the support.

5. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Somewhere on Discord I read something about moving the warehouse of CB?! Maybe thats the more profane reason.

For the game itself - I like it very much, but between Infinity, BB and some sidegames, it is hard to fit in a match or two :-(

6. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Indeed. It’s a very enjoyable game and I find its rule set very robust. A shame indeed that it’s leaving. Let’s hope for a resurgence in future. Perhaps it’ll come back as the story in Infinity progresses?

Interesting. That’s certainly a possibility. As for finding time to play Aristeia! I’m finding it difficult to get any games of anything in at the moment, lol.

Daireann likes this.
  7. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

For me (and this 2 quotes seem to support that) felt Ariestia! like a "finished product", a couple characters got their skins, there are a couple of expansions, and that´s it. It´s a board game, not a living one, and maybe it is done beeing expandet. Most Boardgames reach that fate. That doesn´t have to be a bad thing (look at chess). There are "living games", but the constant expanding of a working (and balanced) game can also lead to an overload of new mechanics (i experience it with TCG´s) and the old stuff becomes meme-potential.

I am perfectly fine with a game that is complete and good how it is and then comes the test of time: will it be replaced by something new, will it be played regulary or does it become a game someones playing once in a blue moon (the more complex the game is, the more unlikely it is to just pick it up and be replayed with new/casual players) But that´s, as i already mentioned, something that happens to a lot of boardgame. And that is what I see in Aristeia!.

Savnock, Daireann, burlesford and 3 others like this.
  8. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Aristeia!

#8 HarlequinOfDeath, Jun 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
    MikeWy, Daireann, Croepoek and 2 others like this.
  9. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

I wonder what this could be. PC game? Dungeon crawler a la Warcrow?

10. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

In recent memory, most of these hard discounts have been followed shortly by release of a re-pack. My guess is something like that with the expansions folded in, coupled with the warehouse move making it make sense to clear out existing stock.

Gwynbleidd and colbrook like this.
  11. LassiE

LassiE New Member

Aristeiathegame.com website just erased all downloads, FAQs, and blogs. It is mostly empty now. Frustating. Could this mean, CB has sold Aristeia! to another company, which now is protecting it’s intellectual property..?

12. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The site looks up for me, but the security certificate seems expired. Infinity's web army (web) seems to have trouble, since it won't load (at least for me, on several devices and browsers) the database. The Store looks down to me too.

13. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

No.

14. Dragonstriker

Dragonstriker That wizard came from the moon.

No, I don’t believe that is the case. A! as the standalone game is going away.

15. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Aristeiathegame.com works at the moment of posting, as most (probably all) services impacted by the recent issue.

please calm down thanks.

chromedog likes this.
  16. Camo Token

Camo Token Well-Known Member

Somebody forgot to pay the registrar again? Renew the certificates? The usual issue?

17. Marc C

Marc C Cardboard Hero

That is really sad. Fortunately, I have all the minis and the 4 player expansion. I can play it whenever I want with friends. It's a board game after all.

Robock likes this.
  18. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Sounds like somebody didn't play N2 or N3 much. The Infinity game is way better, the rules have improved massively with every edition. This person has no idea what they're talking about.

The "BUT I WANT IT NOW, DADDY!!" crowd is always annoying. But when they lose perspective of both how much better Infinity is than any other squad skirmish game out there -and- of Infinity's continuous improvement over the years, they are both rude and wrong. Quite an accomplishment.

Off to the blocklist with this person, then. Glad that exists.

Back on Aristeia: What @anubis said. Boardgames with this many expansions are rare, unless they are mega-hits. Supporting one product to the extent that Aristeia has been is a really big risk.

Here's hoping there's something else cool coming for this very well-designed game eventually. For now, it will be fun to have around to play occasionally with friends who don't know about Infinity.

chromedog and Cthulhu363 like this.
  19. MikeWy

MikeWy Well-Known Member

I'm slow to the party, was this video referring to AGL6 or is something else still expected?

20. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Koni indicated on the deep web that there was going to be news for aristeia, but I think it will be an up of rules contributed by the aristeia commu.

Surprise is coming. :A:

Croepoek likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation