1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAQ request. Place Deployable.

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Mahtamori, May 6, 2023.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

This is a request for a clarification since I see this question come up a LOT on the international Discord. This relates to the English version only since the Spanish version of the rule is clear.

In English we have this passage
    https://infinitythewiki.com/Place_Deployable
    >>This restriction does not apply if there is a valid, non-camouflaged enemy inside the Trigger Area, or an Intuitive Attack was made.​

The debate always revolves around what a "valid, [...] enemy" is. The rules are a bit poor at qualifying "valid" and the coma is entirely out of place and unhelpful. Does valid refer to the piece of equipment's trigger targets, and if so how do we deal with Cybermines and the potential for Holomask? Does valid refer to enemies capable of receiving attacks, so that a CrazyKoala can validate it?

So what do I mean when I say this only applies to English? Well, in Spanish it's crystal clear (I'll just post the machine translated text 'cause I don't feel like fighting my browser).
    https://infinitythewiki.com/es/Situar_Posicionable
    >>The only exception to this rule would be if there is an uncamouflaged enemy Troop inside the Activation Zone, or if an Intuitive Attack is made
    Capital T Tropa. In Spanish Place Deployable requires a non-camouflaged enemy Trooper and Drop Bears requires a non-camouflaged enemy miniature in the case where there is a camouflaged enemy in the trigger area.

Methuselah likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation