1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAQ 1.2 News

Discussion in 'Rules' started by ijw, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

If I'm reading this right, we should all buy shares in the company that makes Auxbots.

LaughinGod and YueFei23 like this.
  2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

On a general note, thank you for all the 'welcome back' posts, and the posts asking for further clarification are expected and normal.

Unfortunately, a lot of the rest of this thread shows exactly the kind of behaviour that made me stop posting in the first place. Both the inappropriate responses to sickness, and the negative posts in response, and the negative responses to those.

If that carries on in threads that I'm involved in, I won't be 'back' for long.

Modock, Rizzy, SerPorter and 30 others like this.
  3. Bobman

Bobman MERC

This is pretty much why I usually only post in Warcor/FAQ forums... Out here can be quite messy.

Hope nothing directed at you already. That would be nothing short of a disaster and show the lack of 'great community' everyone keeps saying is such a thing in Infinity....

4. HeadChime

HeadChime Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Thanks for the clarifications Ian. Not a massive fan of these rulings to be honest (particularly around templates and peripherals), but I respect the prompt answers and time you've taken!

5. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

It is so terrible to hear that we as a whole were the reason that @ijw decided to leave us. We drove away the only person that can help us with messy rules. Hopefully after experiencing being in the dark for so long we can all make an effort to stop the worst behavior. @psychoticstorm could we expect that personal attacks will be punished, and negative posts will be deleted swiftly and without warning? This would help so much with keeping our rules guru here for longer.

Savnock, YueFei23, Methuselah and 5 others like this.
  6. SubOctavian

SubOctavian Well-Known Member

I appreciate the clarifications and you getting back here. Also, stay safe and take good care of yourself.

That said, I cant support your stance here from professional PoV. You are representing the product on the official forums and have "staff" label. Just..ban the trolls, dont use them as an excuse to disappear. It is not the attitude we want to see from the company we support, and to be fair, it is not logical to punish thousands of players because of a dozen that cant keep it civil. Sorry, if it sounds harsh, I don't mean to offend you in any way, I just want to be direct: its your game, your community and your responsibility. Own it. And people will only thank you if you guys keep the forums clean of trolls and insults.

DukeofEarl, Alfy, fuzzyguy and 5 others like this.
  7. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

I think it's important to distinguish between the person and the company here.

@ijw is CB staff, which means he's a person with feelings, and also an employee with a right to a safe and respectful work environment. If he gets treated badly, it's absolutely his prerogative to leave the space where that happens.

CB is a company which ought to be providing its employees with a safe and respectful work environment, and also supporting its product and customers so that its game is well-designed and its online customer space is welcoming.

In other words, CB is at fault for failing to properly moderate these forums. @ijw isn't at fault for refusing to tolerate the consequences.

Please CB, fix the forums so that we can keep our rules guru!!!

8. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I will not go to any lengths to explain why some of the behavior was and is inappropriate people know why it is.

And I am not fond of seen @ijw taking a long break again, people should by now understand what is good for the game and the community without me spelling it out.

Therefore.

Effectively from now, any rules threads @ijw is involved in are purely for rules questions and clarifications, offending posts will be modified if they have some relevant part, outright deleted if they have no relevant content, repeated offenders will face consequences.

And because it will inevitably happen, if somebody disagrees with a resolution, there is the proper and polite way to question it and the other way, do not do the other way.

9. Nat Lanza

Nat Lanza factional dilettante
    Warcor

Having to measure seems like it has really unfortunate implications for ambush camo minelayers. Like, what’s the point of the minelayer profile of Streloks if you must measure the distance between the mine and the non-decoy camo marker on deployment? Am I missing something?

Angry Clown and Methuselah like this.
  10. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

If I'm reading it right, you choose either the real Strelok or the mine, deploy it, and measure its full ZoC. Then you deploy the other two camo markers. So I guess your opponent knows that the one you measured from isn't the decoy, but they don't know which of the remaining two is the decoy, nor whether the one measured from is the Strelok or the mine.

Not ideal, and I hope they find a better solution in the long run, but the Strelok still seems playable in the meantime.

Nat Lanza, Gwynbleidd and Savnock like this.
  11. psychoticstorm

First and foremost I am expecting all users to act like adult humans and by entering the forum you agree in agreeing to disagree and be civil among yourselves (something really basic, the minimal requirements).

Secondly I acknowledge that we cannot have a section of the community voice be (permanently) silenced just because they cannot help themselves and act in a particular way, there are valid concerns and gems to be found in mountains of dirt, this however is by no means an excuse for their behavior.

And finally I should not need to explain that a company representative is not an excuse for any amount of abuse, this notion and the excuse of "been a customer therefore" is absurd, the fact that I need to write this down is quite disappointing...

For context, the above addresses at least some of the questions and discussions made above and missing for obvious reasons.

12. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Useable plus It’s also a pretty model. But I hated gluing the tail on…

13. psychoticstorm

Irrelevant posts have been moved to the suggested thread.

14. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

Why not?

Savnock and Dragonstriker like this.
  15. psychoticstorm

I will answer this briefly because it has been misunderstood by a lot of people, I am not saying that people should not be banned for their behavior, far from it, but I do not support the idea of somebody been permanently banned from the official forum of the company.

Now if somebody wants to play the game of been banned for a few days come back and be banned again for a few days, its their choice, but there have been only a few permanent bans and these were done for serious reasons.

As for the other part people misunderstand, probably the "cannot help themselves" I think it is a problem of the written communication, language barrier and how native language works on each one of us, I am not serious on this one, forum users have agency and can, if they choose to, behave in a manner that fits the bare minimum of a civil discussion, inevitably choosing not to will lead to consequences.

And no I personally do not think there is an excuse for bad behavior, if someone is so frustrated they cannot write something in a civil manner they can get off the keyboard do something else and come back later when they are finally calm to reply.

I hope this answers the questions people had about this and stops further off topic discussion.

Thanks.

16. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the clarification.

17. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

@ijw Thanks for confirming you're alive, I was worried something dire happened to you

#57 Pierzasty, Feb 5, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2022
    bladerunner_35 likes this.
  18. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Do we measure decoys, holoechoes etc the same way as mines? And is there a way to mitigate that - to not make the main trooper of a strelok decoy minelayer obvious?

I feel that this is on topic. Its a rules question but also a point to bring up to the design team if it has not already. If not just put it wherever it needs to go!

Angry Clown and RolandTHTG like this.
  19. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

So, if the latter paragraph is the only new effect this rules change brings, why not just leaving the wording as is and instread adding a new pargraph to MSV 1 that in case of an attack involving a ZVZ the -6 MOD becomes a -3 MOD.

I mean, yes, that sounds far less elegant but on the other hand circumvents all the other, rather confusing, interactions with the term "Poor visibility Zone" e.g. 6th Sense doesn't act against the original PVZ but then again against the PVZ the ZVZ / the WNZ gets treated as when an attack's LOF passes trough it.

Nevertheless, and most important, a big thanks for posting these clarifications! :hugging_face:

#59 Tristan228, Feb 6, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    bladerunner_35 likes this.
  20. Mics152

Mics152 Member

*laughing loud in linked Haidao sniper.

As if there was anymore reason needed for the fireteam rework. He literally has no counter thanks to sixth sense!?!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation