1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Entire Order Super Jump in a terrain zone?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Hecaton, May 23, 2018.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

How does this work? How far does one move in difficult terrain when performing an Entire Order super jump?

2. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Half as far as you would in open terrain, as per usual.

3. Hecaton

Wait what? There'sno "half as far" in difficult terrain, it's just your second move skill.

4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Whoops, you're right. I still sometimes forget they changed difficult terrain in 3rd edition.

In that case I'd say whatever same distance you'd go if you declared a move-move in that terrain type.

So if it's the first tier, you'd go twice your second value.
    If it's the second tier, you would not be able to perform the full order mighty leap.

My reasoning is that that way it's at least consistent with other types of movement.

5. Hecaton

I think that's a reasonable house rule, as it doesn't state explicitly either way. Sucks for my Umbras, but at least is consistent with other situations.

6. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

From what I can find in the difficult terrain rules: http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Difficult_Terrain

While you are in difficult terrain, you only use your second movement value, so if starting in difficult terrain, a full-order super-jump on a 4-2 model would move 2+2", similar to a model declaring Move + Move. Interestingly, Very Difficult Terrain doesn't prevent long movement skills, so you could long skill jump 4".

7. Hecaton

Oh I get all that, but it doesn't state explicitly that it affects the entire order super jump, because that order says specifically that it combines both of the user's move values.

8. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

I believe it's covered by the first bullet which mentions applying the when a model uses Movement skills, which Super Jump is. Also Super Jump is an automatic skill which modifies Jump, that is in the list of skills affected.

9. Hecaton

This one?

• Troopers must apply the Difficult Terrain rules when their base is inside or in contact with a Difficult Terrain area and they declare a Movement Skill such as Move, Cautious Movement, Jump, Climb, the Special Skill Assault (in Active Turn), Dodge and Engage (in Reactive Turn).
    I agree, but it's unclear as to how Super Jump is affected by that when using the Entire Order, since the Entire Order specifically says it uses both MOV values.

10. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Yeah, Super Jump unfortunately has a few places where its wording is insufficient and you have to apply common sense to interpret it. It really should have explicitly defined more things rather than just saying "like Jump, but a short skill".

Hecaton likes this.
  11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Consider that forbidding to take long movement orders would prevent cautious movement, or for troops without Super Jump to perform a basic jump.

For me it's quite clear: Tarik (for example) can move 6 and perform an attack order, jump 6 and perform an attack order, or "superjump" 10 inches. Or, in the most extreme terrain rules, move 4+attack, jump 4+attack, or "superjump" 8 inches.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation