1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[EN][ES] FEB'18 Painting group / Grupo de pintura

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Engorn, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Edster

Edster Well-Known Member

Come on then... I’ve been struggling to paint the past 2 months so hopefully this will be incentive

D6D82605-9A1E-4B92-8A5B-56196AC8CA20.jpeg

Raghart likes this.
  2. MikeS1173

MikeS1173 Well-Known Member

ok, looking for advice. This is a long day's painting and I have it to close to my normal standard for painting. Were the helmets exposed, I'd highlight them more. I'd like to put another four hours into the batch, to improve them, if I can get them to pop. Where should I focus my time?

I'll also wash in a burnst scienna shadow under each model, and then add a few grass tuffs.

The robes are highlighted, VMC Dark Sand, wash, mix of VMC Dark Sand/Pale Sand. Perhaps too subtle? Would be help to dig out the better camera?

The guns suck. The black/edge hightlight white NMM is just not working. I am planning new paint scheme there.

FEB INTERIM.jpg

3. yluvatar

yluvatar Well-Known Member

@Engorn

Voy a intentar pintar esto antes de que acabe el mes. 2 chasseurs y un hunzakut como chasseur. Y lo que no tengo muy claro es si pintar a Isobel como cuarto chasseur o no. ¿que pensáis?

I try to finish this before the end of the month. 2 chasseurs and one hunzakut like as chasseur. And I don't know if I paint Isobel like the
    fourth chasseur or not. What do you think?

[​IMG]

Engorn and Raghart like this.
  4. Engorn

Engorn Mariscal de Campo del Tridente Tohaa
    Warcor

My pledge for february.

En febrero voy con ésto.

IMG_20180214_175938.jpg

TheMethOfCookingArt and Raghart like this.
  5. Raghart

Raghart Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Ok @Engorn , so.... I'm done with the Anti-Squirrel Brigade. / Bueno, pues ya he terminado con la Brigada Anti-Ardillas

[​IMG]

It took a lot of time, they could be better but i like ther look enough, and will be moving to the next in list. / Ha llevado bastante tiempo, y podrían haber quedado mejor, pero me gusta bastante su aspecto así que voy a ir moviendome a lo siguiente en la lista.

I think i can do this too on February: Lets go RRRrrriot Grrl! / Creo que podré hacer también esto en febrero. Vamos allá Riot Grrrrrl!

[​IMG]

6. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

@Engorn
    Sorry for being a little off the topic. Can I join with something I've already started working on a bit?[​IMG]

WolfofWinter, Belgrim and Engorn like this.
  7. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Here are two models I've painted in February.

[​IMG]

8. Edster

Edster Well-Known Member

One down (apart from base) three to go!

I’m quite happy with how he came out. I need to learn how to paint faces better, but it’s improving :)

9AA31B71-B342-436C-827F-66ED40A418E3.jpeg
    FB97F52E-F27D-4EAD-A029-71004EF79303.jpeg
    77FA69DE-2786-4276-9868-FAFB62D06B03.jpeg
    70907826-2B10-4DA8-8851-3435B0E91C90.jpeg

9. Engorn

Warcor

Yes, you can. ;)

10. Stormygeddon

Stormygeddon Well-Known Member

Mi promesa para febrero incluye terminar con este Su-jian y Cazarrecompensa que empense esta semana, y despues empezar con un Hellcat, Hac Tao, Fiday, Ragik, y Jenizaro.

My promise for this month is to finish this (converted) ABH [for a friend] and Su Jian that I started this week and then go through finishing Beyond Red Veil/Icestorm Models and this Hac Tao, Janissary, and Armand (whom I won in a tournament several weeks ago).
    102_5654.JPG

WolfofWinter and Raghart like this.
  11. MikeS1173

Oh, nice, I like thing on the back of his cape, impressive.

Regarding faces. Hum, I am struggling with Haqq faces. I don't want to use simple pink/orange/peach of cacasian flesh tones. And Haqq armor is often similar in tones. I've tried Reaper Master Olive skin triad, but felt it feel really flat.

I'd suggest a thin brown glaze in the cheeks to raise contrast?

Edster likes this.
  12. chaospanda_507

chaospanda_507 New Member

@Engorn
    [​IMG]
    Me comprometo a terminar de pintar este rui shi.

Engorn likes this.
  13. Engorn

Warcor

Mission accomplished! Now, again with the commission of Necromunda's goliaths I've been painting since ever...

Bueno, pues reto del mes completo. Me vuelvo con el encargo de goliath que tengo entre manos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. MikeS1173

@Engorn
    Completed: two Djanbazan, three Lasiq, 1 Ayyar.
    Djanbazan Sniper and Doctor.jpg Haqq Ayyar.jpg Infinity Haqq three lasiqs.jpg

15. Raghart

Raghart Well-Known Member
    Warcor

@Engorn Riot Grrrl lista también :) // Riot Grrrl ready too :)

[​IMG]

16. Edster

Edster Well-Known Member

Thanks @MikeS1173 ive been using Vallejo cork brown - really good colour for faces I think.

Here is Tarik - still need to finish his base but he’s table ready!

BC20D04D-022D-479C-A338-6EFD913C0080.jpeg 74D527E0-78B6-4F53-A483-464F4A1EAEE8.jpeg

D8F740C8-EE74-4DFE-8A3D-B928A7D54208.jpeg

17. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

@Engorn I`ve finished Szalamandra for now. Really tired working on it, so only two freehands. More will be done later... sometime... maybe...

[​IMG]

18. Stormygeddon

Well, the last two weeks have been fun. I played seven games of infinity, four of which in a tournament, (last weekend I went to a 40k tournament too) and got some neat models painted.

I finished up this ABH conversion. Did it as a favor (and small gift) to a friend but I feel like I made her look too much like a race car driver.

(Las ultimas dos semanas fueron chevre para mi. Hice siete juegos de Infinity, cuatro en un torneo, y pinte varios minis. Termine con este cazarrecompensa que fue un regalo para un amigo mio, pero siento que parace mucho como algun piloto de carreras)

102_5676.JPG
    102_5677.JPG

She's varnished in the photo so some of the subtle highlights faded.

Anyways, the real "meat" of this week's painting was the Su Jian.

Su Jian Together (Juntos)
    [​IMG]
    modo de combate
    [​IMG]
    forma de alta movilidad
    [​IMG]

imgur album here/aqui

I also painted Armand Le Muet / Tambien pinte Armand Le Muet

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    album
    I was pretty happy with the leather jacket and green camouflage pattern, and had trouble picking out the colors to try the tohaa skin. I'm not so happy with how the gun turned out.

(estoy feliz con la chaqueta y los pantalones pero no me gusta como hice el arma)

@Engorn I hope you saw my pledge post earlier in this thread.

19. MikeS1173

I love the gun. Looks very much like something from "Mass Effect"

20. Stormygeddon

Well I painted the Chassis of a Pan Oceania gun once before with the Beyond Red Veil's Yuan Yuan. With that Yuan Yuan I felt inspired to make it reflect the mercenary group of the Blue Suns from Mass Effect, and then last Sunday I felt I may as well continue with that trend set with the gun and do a similar thing with Armand. I had a photo of the Yuan Yuan in the old forum but I went out my way to take a photo of them side by side as it would have seemed hard to find the original photo and reupload. Armand and Blue Suns Yuan Yuan.png
    Which reminds me that I've improved my painting (at least mildly) since the last year and a half.

But otherwise, yeah, it was inspired by Mass Effect, although a bit indirectly.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation