1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EM Grenade Launcher sucks and here is why

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Djevel, Feb 22, 2019.

1. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Which then is hilariously bypassed by the lowtech factions ;P

2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

It's more that I don't think that factions/sectorials are really balanced around access to terrain skills, and when terrain rules are applied to a table they're usually applied with about the subtlety of that big zone in Rescure. Playing Onyx, for example, it hurts fireteam AROs immensely and makes our Umbras and Rodoks basically useless as mobile pieces.

3. Hecaton

4-2 and 6-2 troops feel it pretty strongly. As do 8-4 bikes (which are supposed to be driving around the trackless parts of Dawn but w/e)

4. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Someway to deal with isolation and immobilisation that is inefficient would be really good. They're two of the most brutal states in the game for high cost units, often requiring only a single hit to totally neuter a model.

5. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

It's just Emily that's really obnoxious. BS16 X visor spec fire e/m just isn't a fun idea. Requires little skill for very swingy results. No one complained when it was just the Moira with the E/M lgl, where you actually have to advance expensive vulnerable pieces forward into danger to pull it off.

As for terrain, it'd get more use if it had a positive for troops with the skill rather than just removing a negative. Say troops with the right terrain skill always count as being in cover in that terrain.

#65 Hachiman Taro, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Wyrmnax likes this.
  6. Hecaton

In the end, though, it should be tough to move through difficult terrain, that makes sense. The problem is "the whole board is a difficult terrain zone" sucks.

7. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

You're right of course, on both counts.

I'm just saying psychologically you'd be more likely to see it if people could see a benefit (rather than a lack of a detriment) to some troops, even if they were same net result. Brains are weird like that. Giving troops with the right skill more movement in rough terrain doesn't makes sense though, so adding some other benefit - perhaps in addition to (less) slower movement for troops without the right skill - might work better.

8. Hecaton

I've thought about it, like giving zero-g troops super jump if they start their turn in a zero-g zone, jungle terrain troops mimetism, aquatic terrain troops a 1-way saturation zone...

Hachiman Taro likes this.
  9. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

I know that's a subjective argiment, but where I come from - all structure features that allow access inside are considered closed by default. That includes windows.

oldGregg likes this.
  10. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I really like that idea that IMM-2 should be able to be Reset at a minus. Maybe make it that it's a full order as well so it can't be done in ARO.

Xeurian and oldGregg like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation