1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Druze vs Steel Phalanx (Firefight)

Discussion in 'Druze Bayram Security' started by kesharq, May 27, 2021.

1. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

Hey,

I am currently playing Firefight against Steel Phalanx in TTS. As me and my opponent are always chatting the time away, this game (as usual :) ) will take several evenings to finish, so I thought I might take you right into the game :)

My List is a reminiscence to the "Black Lagoon" anime (check it out on Netflix if u like), So I had to include Dutch (as Arslan), Revy (as Aida), Benny (as Valerya) and Rock (this time as TaoWu, but normally he is just a WarCor) into my list.

This is what I came up with:

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]2
    ARSLAN (Lieutenant) MULTI Rifle, Light Shotgun / Viral Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 36)
    DRUZE Heavy Machine Gun, Chain-colt / Viral Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 31)
    CLIPPER DRONBOT Missile Launcher / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (1.5 | 16)
    VALERYA GROMOZ (Hacker) Combi Rifle, Zapper, Pitcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 21)
    BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone / Breaker Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-6). + Light Flame Thrower from Booty (0 | 12)
    FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    TÁOWÙ (Counterintelligence) Nanopulser(+2B), Flash Pulse(+1B) / Viral Pistol(+1B), Monofilament CC Weapon. (0 | 25)
    HUNZAKUT Sniper Rifle, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 21)
    BASHI BAZOUK Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 14)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]1
    WOLFGANG AMADEUS MULTI Rifle(+1B), Chain-colt / Heavy Pistol, DA CC Weapon, PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0 | 35)
    BRAWLER Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 16)
    BOUNTY HUNTER Combi Rifle / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-6). + HMG from Booty (0 | 15)
    AÏDA SWANSON Submachine Gun(+1B), Viral Mines / Viral Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. +HMG from Booty (0 | 23)
    HUNZAKUT Sniper Rifle, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 21)

6 SWC | 300 Points

I do not think I am giving much away since Arslan is the only profile that might be my Lt (as I forgot to holomask TaoWu...) and my love for Bashi Bazouks is well known as well :)

Steel Phalanx right now:
    - Alké w/ Spitfire
    - Thorakitai CombiRifle
    - Thorakitai CombiRifle
    - Myrmidon Hacker
    - Atalanta Total Reaction
    - Total Reaction HMG REM
    - Penthesilea
    - Hippolyta

We just deployed our forces, my Druze HMG in the big fireteam covering Atalanta - and as I go first, I hope to shoot her down so she does not cover nearly the whole map :)

tbc

yoink101, Cthulhu363 and Ruaridh like this.
  2. kesharq

Tonight we started the game. My first order activated the Druze HMG on my left flank that moved up to shoot Atalanta through a Saturation Zone. Atalanta got hit 3 times and messed up all her saves. First threat neutralised. Then the Druze HMG moved a little bit further and managed to take out the TR REM and one of the Thorakitai. One of the Hunzakut on a rooftop (in Superjump distance of Hippolyta) dropped a mine and got back into camo state. The Wolff-Haris and TaoWu advanced on my right flank.
    My friend was quite annoyed because he lost his main ARO pieces, so he decided to attack. Penthisilea raced forward and shot at Aida who went into NWI state, but was killed in ARO by a DA crit from W.A. Wolff. Then Hippolyta superjumped to my Hunzakut on the Rooftop, but was taken down by the shock mine. The Ekdromoi jumped down but was immediately aroe'ed by the Brawler HRL. He then brought in Diomedes to kill my Haris. But after taking down my Brawler, Wolff again worked his magic and killed Diomedes with an ARO.

We then called the game. Steel Phalanx had just 3 Models left after the first round.

3. Capo.Paint

Capo.Paint Well-Known Member

If I could only experience such first turns on my own from time to time. Then I would give the HMG a second try. Thank you for sharing and encourage your opponent to try again - SP normally can perform fine against DBS.

Nice to see that not only for me Wolfgang is performing miracles on close corners.

4. kesharq

It was sheer luck on my side and some misjudgement on the side of my opponent.
    To be honest I lost my last 2 games with DBS against him playing Aleph and Steel Phalanx :joy:

5. Capo.Paint

Capo.Paint Well-Known Member

Yes, I share the experience and would argue that DBS normally has a suboptimal match-up against Aleph. The frequent mimetism and good stats on most units don't fit well with only three possible MSV-units and a limited offer on template weapons. Nevertheless, N4 solved this with hacking and the Clipper.

6. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Not to start na new thread - I'm going against Aleph (most likely Steel Phalanx) in a 200pts game of Frostbyte.
    And I have no idea for a list.

Any suggestions, guys?

7. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Fiddler could be a good choice. Dumping templates from her bots onto enomotarchos links is nifty as the bots are a simple trading piece yet can cause carnage with those expensive troops that rely on mimetism

Errhile likes this.
  8. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

As a SP player, templates are definitely a weakness. On the defensive side, even mimetism (-3) can give their shooters fits, as only Teucer and Atalanta have any level of MSV.

9. Errhile

Ended up with something like that so far:

──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]10 [​IMG]2
    DIGGER Chain Rifle(+1B), Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon(+1B). (0 | 14)
    BOUNTY HUNTER Red Fury / Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0.5 | 20)
    DIGGER Chain Rifle(+1B), Grenades / Pistol, AP CC Weapon(+1B). (0 | 14)
    BOUNTY HUNTER Submachine Gun, Akrylat-Kanone / Breaker Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-6). (0 | 12)
    DRUZE (Lieutenant) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt / Viral Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 24)
    BRAWLER (Doctor) Rifle, Light Shotgun ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 19)
    BRAWLER Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 16)
    FIDDLER Contender(+1B), Drop Bears, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 42)
    [​IMG] 2X JACKBOT Vulkan Shotgun / . (0 | 14)
    TÁOWÙ (Counterintelligence) Nanopulser(+2B), Flash Pulse(+1B) / Viral Pistol(+1B), Monofilament CC Weapon. (0 | 25)
    2 SWC | 193 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

The idea is to use Fiddler and two Digger / Bounty Hunter teams as offensive element, and the small Druze / Brawler team as rear area Order Battery / fire support (with the HRL). Taowu may pose as something nasty, eg. Armand le Muet.

#9 Errhile, Jan 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    csjarrat likes this.
  10. Errhile

Reporting back from the sortie: went against OSS eventually.
    Wiped them out, resulting in a 10-0 result for Druze.

Fiddler was the essentialy MVP. Desingated as a Snowtrooper for an extra Order, too.
    I decided against deploying two Duos and instead put the two Bounty Hunters in the Core with Druze & Brawlers. The two Diggers were deployed as a Duo of their own - and did nothing, because I lacked Orders to move them.
    Taowu posed as Armand le Muet, got engaged by Deva with a Spitfire and fell like a stone (well, I should'vetried Flashpulse ratherv than dodge. Oh well). I wasn't expecting much of him anyway, the guy is potentially deadly up close, but getting him into close combat is difficult and Order-intensive. And I had no Orders to waste.

Also: those Saturation / Difficult Terrain Zones are nasty.

kesharq, csjarrat and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation