1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Kiiutan Bomb is not a meme

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by Zachilles, Sep 11, 2019.

1. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Gave Spiral a whirl at a little tournament recently. Can vouch for the Kiutaan as a legit unit. I feel the interaction with bombs is very powerful and turns the Kiutaan into two very distinct units. Typically found myself running it in marker going second or as a model with a bomb going first. I didn't even consider running two of them as Plan A. That would do a lot to offset the telegraphing of the strategy and deny them a denied flank strategy to avoid it.

BlackCadian likes this.
  2. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

I've try it with 4 games so far:

first one I got bait with a holo1 and did nothing
    second was a epic fail of 2 E/Mauler and one bomb only one out of 5 member of the fireteam got isolated 6 orders wasted
    third was VS a fireteam of Riot girl ... they've dodge everything, 3 E/Mauler bomb and 2 burst of SMG zero wound/one isolated 7 orders wasted
    last one was VS a fireteam of MI, 2 got isolated and heavy FT bot manage to dodge 2 E/Mauler so I've got pin down but only 3 ordres wasted

soooo I'm not sold at all with all this, very order hungry combo and spiral can't have more than 15 orders
    I think I prefer go in with a kiel saan and kill everything with a redfury, he's also more durable

RobertShepherd likes this.
  3. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Reason 1021 to always have a drop troop: living homing mines touching my deployment zone. A player just started Spiral here I think I'll mention putting bombs on his impersonators.

4. Pippolele

Pippolele Member

How have the Kiiutans changed in N4?

Did they loose the option for an E/Mauler in exchange for E/Mines?
    What happens to the symbiobomb if the Kiiutan goes back into marker state?

5. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Way to necro a 10-month old thread lmao.

I haven’t checked what happens if they go to market state, but E/Mauler and E/Mines are the same thing.

6. Spellbreaker90

Spellbreaker90 Well-Known Member

Kiutan became stronger, he can now re-enter Imp-2 state.

7. nethervoid

nethervoid Well-Unknown Member

Except SC lost access to double-bomb Kaeltar which means the whole concept of double-bomber Kiiutan is dead now, unfortunately. Even if Kiiutan became even better than before (IMHO he always was pretty good asset).

PS
    Does not mean that single Kiiutan-bomber cant be used effectively

8. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Especially if that single Kiiutan bomber is Jaan.

Having people try and choose between eating light shotgun templates, trying to outshoot his shotgun or pistols, or reset vs. the bomb is REALLY rough.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation