1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dossier Art Dump

Discussion in 'FanArt' started by Keyrott, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

I know that there are compendiums of dossier art that are on the old forums as well as human-sphere.com, I use them a lot, but there a several dossiers that have never been released as actual digital files online. For example, Rodoks do not, to my knowledge, have an image file of their dossier on the internet that's not a physical picture of a presentation or a laminated handout. The Sphinx is another example, or the Anathematic. So can we maybe see a dump for image files of all the current dossiers that have been released, at least all the up-to-date ones? An image database for all the current dossiers with actual full resolution image files?

stevenart74 likes this.
  2. hydra

hydra Well-Known Member

That really would be awesome and helpfull at the same time. I don't actually understand why CB doesn't publish them on the site or in the forum...

stevenart74 likes this.
  3. Phlyk

Phlyk Well-Known Member

I asked about this at the last Interplanetary as ideally I'd love to have loaded a full high-res set onto Human Sphere but unfortunately this is not possible. I was told they are deliberately keeping some back to use in future projects (e.g. potentially future artbooks) and so are not just intending to release everything up front, which is fair enough really.

In the meantime, if you do find any I've missed on the wiki then let me know! :)

stevenart74 and Keyrott like this.
  4. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Ah. I mean, that's fair, it's their art and they're free to do what they like with it. Having full res stuff just helps me to do recolors and come up with color schemes for my army, so I really appreciate having them.

Great job on Human Sphere btw, that site has become my crack.

Belgrim, stevenart74 and Phlyk like this.
  5. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

I'm slowly trying to re-work with Photoshop any Concept Art Dossiers that I had the luck to catch on the Net as Free Availability. . .

My specific Ideas is to have them the most clear, sharp and contrasted (also working on obtaining well precise "Black & White Lineart" by Decolouring stuff that is just fully-coloured and clearing too dark / confused "Black Spots"); while I want to use them mainly as Inspirational Concepts for My own Art Project I think that these would be very useful as "Mini Painting Tryouts". . .

All this project is unfortunately painfully slow as not only there are a lot of R.W. concern / issues that take due precedence, but also the very poor quality of some of the older Concepts that are available JUST as snatched photos from some ancient Seminary by @Bostria and other C.B. Staffers. . .

At the moment I'm concentrating a lot on EXTANT Free Stuff as clearly C.B. said a couple Years ago that they would have NOT liked the contents of the Concept Manual Book ("Infinity Artbook One") scanned and put on the net; maybe they would change the idea now that many of the Art inside is outdated (especially the Nomads and Combined Army sections). . .

I'm collecting almost ALL of the existing concepts, from the earlier roughs on paper released on a sketchbook (Yujing and Nomads in particular) done by @Bostria even before He was fully employed by C.B. and the "Drawn On Napkins" that were leaked during seminars and similars. . .

I believe that the Forum Moderator @psychoticstorm could be a could final judge about what is O.K. to post on the Net as allowed Concept Art free to be used and what is instead still under "Developement Copyright" as He was the most avid collector and poster of complete Concepts and now has "Insider Knowledge" of what is good and what is not for Corvus Belli to have published on the net. . .

Now C.B. is more preoccupied by leaked 3D Models left around far before the allotted time (such as "8Ball" of Aristeia render leaked too early on the net) but still roughs of their Concepts is still useful and monetizable Copyrighted Intellectual Property and so covered by good sense to have or have not freely available around. . . . .!!!

6. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I will see what I can do, as a rule of thumb though, artwork from the books and the artbook that does not appear on the website is a no go, concept art is fine as long as it is something that has been shared officially.

7. stevenart74

As said better by @psychoticstorm what was leaked by C.B. is good and what is not is a NO GO...!!

The issue with the "Infinity Artbook One" I believe started when Corvus Belli freely allowed on the Net an High Res Scan on their own of the Concept Arts of the Yujing Heavy Powered Infantry and the Pan Oceanian "Jotum" T.A.G. of Svarhalheima, along with the "Settei" styled splash page of various beauties of A.L.E.P.H. (I believe it was Penthesilea, a very human looking Deva and various Female Posthuman Chassis) done in an excellent Manga style. . .

When this happened I believe that someone that owned the Manual felt free to post other stuff from that book, but was subsequently politely asked by Forum Moderators to stop. . .

I will doubly check that whatever I will post there or on other Fan-Art Thread will be YET freely available on the Net and so even if extensively cropped / cleared by Photoshop will not infring anything. . .

About this I think that is just the "Infinity Artbook One" that still have stuff unused by C.B. as ALMOST everything new has been kindly provided by C.B. as art proofs or AT LEAST be a "snatched photo" from a Seminary. . .

Like I said many of the manual stuff is slightly outdated (there is a lot of stuff in the Combined Army Section that is referred to E.I. Aspects totally Mechanical and so very different from the actual stuff and ALL of the Nomads Guns are the older "Pseudo Bullpup Rifles" that are now substituted by more realistic designs). . .

BUT as previously said there are stuff that is still C.B. I.P. that could be used for newer, still undeveloped future upcoming material (such as the Lasiq Sniper of Haqqislam that featured a Pop-Up "Briefcase Combirifle", a clever and well-done nod to Masamune Shirow's G.I.T.S. that was not used in the Hashashin but later resurfaced in the C.S.U. Merc Lady !!). . .

Also there is some confusion caused by some very talented Artists that Fan-Made their own personal concepts in the last days of the old forum and that "Framed" them into a Background realistically identical to C.B. Official Art and so appearing almost "True" but without official approval. . .

8. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Keyrott and jherazob like this.
  9. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

Yeah I'm aware of this and use it quite frequently, and no they're not. Rodoks don't have a picture outside of an actual photo taken at a presentation and the one in that google drive. Sogarats are the same thing, and Anathematic and Sphinx don't have one even in that collection, but there are pictures of them in laminated sheets.

10. Phlyk

Phlyk Well-Known Member

There's a Sogarat dossier on Human-Sphere. :)

https://human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Sogarat

Keyrott likes this.
  11. Keyrott

Keyrott Nomad Handyman

12. stevenart74

By the way, as we are here discussing of Official Infinitythegame Concept Art, there are some stuff that are searched crazily by someone??

I think I have a complete collection of what is freely available on the Web, and as I'm trying to have even the worst snapped photos (the ones snatched at the early seminars, such as the Concepts of the "Paradiso" customizable Special Forces of each faction) in a reasonably well-rendered version, maybe something that is needed by someone could perhaps be available with just some little "Elbow Grease". . .!!

13. robot_jones

robot_jones BEES!

I have a mega folder with dossiers. No photographs or screenshots though, and it's all stuff we've seem from CB already

#13 robot_jones, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  14. stevenart74

@robot_jones. . .

Many thanks for the Link to Your folder; I found it extremely useful. . .

While MOST of it is stuff that I have yet found many times, Your rendering quality is excellent and I managed to find even some newer stuff (the Warsenal Homage Character and a good rendition of the coloured Ariadnan Blackjack) or older material that I had in very poor resolution (the Old "Vintage Pheasant Agent"). . .

I bet You found all that Conceptual Sources very useful to draw Your excellent Infinity-related Illustrations. . . . .!!!

robot_jones likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation