1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does dead baggage continue to modify retreat threshold?

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Captain Spud, Oct 15, 2018.

1. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Seriously... Thus the other quote, in which Retreat was defined NOT as "Puntos de Ejército", but "total de la Lista de Éjercito".

You can keep going circles all you want, there is a clear and very obvious difference between English and Spanish rules. Which one is correct is, while important, irrelevant at this point, since it's something only @HellLois can solve.

And I am against a game in which I can come, win iniciative, deploy ALREADY IN RETREAT, and win.

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

I give up. :-(

3. gamma ray

gamma ray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I think there's been enough back and forth here to warrant an attempt at summoning @HellLois ...

4. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Retreat!

In game terms, each player must, at the beginning of their Active Turn, during the Tactical Phase, make a count of their surviving troops. For this purpose, consider any troops that have not yet been placed on the table (Airborne Deployment, Hidden Deployment...) as survivors. If the sum of the survivors' Cost in points is equal to or less than 25% of the points available for building the Army List, then that army enters a state of Retreat!.

This is the only point where the timing is addressed.
    At the beginning of your turn you sum up your survivors. THEN, if it if below the value yaddayaddayadda.

Let's see Baggage
    http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Baggage
    Those are the effects of an Automatic Equipment.
    If it stop working (the Baggage model is null), then you cannot claim any if those effects.

Clearer than that...

daboarder and Robock like this.
  5. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

a couple of pages of back and forth was just debate about the spanish language and what spanish words and sentences means.
    either the spanish is the same as the english or the spanish is different.
    but in any case, the english rules are clear.
    I could understand if they want to bring the debate over on the spanish side of the forums and summon HellLois over there.

6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

The problem is that there are 2 versions of the rules. In the english lecture, you will calculate Retreat in a way that allows me to make a 74points list and start in retreat, thus depriving my opponent from any chance to play. In the Spanish lecture, you calculate the Retreat value on base of the models you placed on the list, so a 74 points list need to get down to 19 points before Retreat is declared.

This is not a case of "Spanish rules wording", but of "different rules in different languages". Which is relevant, since players of both versions interact.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Seems FAQ-worthy to make sure we're all playing the same game.

8. paraelix

paraelix Seed Embryo Scholar

I know the general consensus of this thread runs completely counter to my local meta's understanding.

9. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Its an automatic skill

It has no game effect when null state.

It doesnt get clearer than that, and thats certainly what seems agreed in the first page of this thread

10. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

This issue has existed for years but CB hasn't FAQ'd it yet, what makes you think they'll do it now?

11. paraelix

Cool. Thanks for singling me out, I guess.

#71 paraelix, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  12. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

its more we are in the same meta and you were the last comment is all man, not having a go

13. paraelix

When I refer to "my Meta", it's usually just a reference to the group of 10-20 players in Brisbane I commonly play with - not Australia on the whole. Mostly because I'm yet to play a game beyond the bounds of my own state's lines.

I raised the contents of this thread in FB chat and they were of the opposite opinion to what has been put forward by IJW and the like as the answer. Probably, per some of the early posts, because the example given for how it affects Army points doesn't make reference to the Baggage being alive or not - it doesn't imply this varies. Also, the chart makes no reference to the baggage being alive in the way that @C0MR4DE 's post on the second page does. It is laid out somewhat misleading-ly.

14. C0MR4DE

C0MR4DE Malfunctioning Unidron

The game is clear. Read rules like null state, check the baggage rule. And, if you dont belive it, just check the official army.

+

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation