1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you still use Zuyong in IA?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by zapp, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Miraclebutt

Miraclebutt Well-Known Member

I've taken the HMG TA and either the Firewall TA or Tai Sheng Breaker lately to enable an efficient group 2 Haris. My meta has a lot of Nomads so getting to feed a few free orders into a firewalled KHD usually gets some value. Plus, it's not like HMGs are bad guns; I wouldn't use them to fight TAGs or whatever, but they're usually good enough to knock off Panzerfaust nerds or random Arm3 AROs hanging out.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Zuyong would be so good in ISS! Omg!

Dragonstriker likes this.
  3. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

It's pretty much a dead profile since N3 with the arrival of TA.

It's former gimmick used to be an extra order via Lt. order and the regen part was basically a secondary hail mary if anything.
    With the HMG loadout getting TA, you could pick that profile for the extra order, without shelling out for CoC or the Hac Tao's XO (as well as the fact that it gave you room for using a Daoying Lt. which was arguably the best Lt. in the entire game).

Now with the new Shang Ji, that not only have TA, AP HMG, BS Attack: Shock and -6 firewall, the Zuyong HMG have no real purpose, especially with PH12 and how regen works in the state phase + the fact that you're now forced to stand up which sucks massively when you're in ARO turn.

4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

They'd be arguably better than Wu Ming sure, but what would make them actually "so good"? I don't think it'd fix any of the issues that ISS faces and the only thing that would make them more likely to see a list in ISS than IA is that they're not getting overlooked by a Shang Ji leading Zhanshi around. That's not exactly a resounding argument in their favour.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  5. pikemonster

pikemonster Usuario

You can lay out opponent's turn being uncounscious and try regeneration in his states phase - standing right before your turn.

Triumph likes this.
  6. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Fair point, but that has never happened to be honest.

My opponent knows he can get back up, so he won’t let him stay for the following round.
    Then again, I’ve tried him once in N4 so not much data to go on.
    Usually the same happened in N3, before the TA profile came

7. Mahtamori

The C1 Shang-Ji Regen profile makes a lot more sense. It's the typical cost-effect calculation that's off with Zuyong for me; they're too expensive and important to regen on 12

8. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

It would be the same as a non-linked paramedic but the medic doesn't need to get to him (vanilla). I think it's worth the +2pts. But then who takes a basic HMG anymore?

9. Mahtamori

They've removed it it seems? Anyway I seem to recall that it was an AP HMG. Not that this matters, it's more about the concept than the specific profile.

Flip it around and Zuyong would be kind of interesting if they'd used Regen instead of Haris, Duo, Number 2, etc etc to keep price premium. The non-SWC profiles are cheap enough that simply having it as a dump stat might be interesting beyond the few classifieds and ITS missions that asks you to bring a crap tonne of Number 2...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation