1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion about how to make Shang Ji "superior"

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by the huanglong, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

the Wu Ming are the ones you throw at the Combined because they don't have a Cube! ;)

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Who said anything about Core? I'm not expecting an AVA of more than 2!

3. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I'm assuming the Invicibles are going to have other links available too. Again, trying to steal ISS's premier HI is devaluing stuff for them and wasting space in the IA sectorial. The idea is to do something new, not just play with the Hsiens, Cranes, and Wu Ming again.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  4. Section9

If they're only AVA 1 or 2, then you take a Wu Ming because it's the only way to get that Multi+LGL (for example, which is certainly my favorite Wu Ming loadout).

And you still take the Zuyong Core, maybe a Shang Ji duo or Haris. Before we got these new mixed fireteams, I was expecting a Zuyong Core, Shang Ji haris, and Yan Huo duo:

[​IMG] Yu Jing
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] ZÚYǑNG Lieutenant (AutomediKit) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1 | 39)
    [​IMG] ZÚYǑNG MULTI Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 31)
    [​IMG] ZÚYǑNG Boarding Shotgun / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 26)
    [​IMG] ZÚYǑNG Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot B (Deflector L2) / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 30)
    [​IMG] ZÚYǑNG (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] SHÀNG JÍ Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 43)
    [​IMG] SHÀNG JÍ Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower + TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 40)
    [​IMG] SHÀNG JÍ Heavy Rocket Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 39)
    [​IMG] YĀN HUǑ Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 54)
    [​IMG] YĀN HUǑ 2 Missile Launchers + TinBot C (Neurocinetics) / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 56)

8 SWC | 386 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Yeah, that means 400pts.

Now, though, what'd be really cool is if the Zuyong, Shang Ji, and Wu Ming could all fireteam together. Which would allow you to stick in a Daofei/Hac Tao and a Yan Huo for big guns, if only that core link was 10 points cheaper...
    [​IMG] Yu Jing
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]7
    [​IMG] ZÚYǑNG Lieutenant (AutomediKit) HMG / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (1 | 39)
    [​IMG] ZÚYǑNG Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (2 | 36)
    [​IMG] SHÀNG JÍ Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 43)
    [​IMG] SHÀNG JÍ Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower + TinBot B (Deflector L2) / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 40)
    [​IMG] WÚ MÍNG MULTI Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)
    [​IMG] DÀOFĚI Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) MULTI Rifle / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0.5 | 59)
    [​IMG] YĀN HUǑ Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 54)

6 SWC | 310 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I think we also need a KHD profile somewhere besides the Hac Tao in the Invincible Army. AHDs are very vulnerable to them, and our only option for a KHD is the Hac Tao. Which needs to advance up to protect the link team or Daofei. The Shooting Star might be an idea, but honestly so would the Daofei. A Daofei KHD would be 56|0.

Maksimas likes this.
  5. Triumph

I'd rather they just leave that to ISS.

Really don't know what you'd do with a Yan Huo duo. Missile Launcher doesn't really want to move up at all because it shoves itself into shitty range bands, and the HMRC and Multi HMG are basically the same toolkit and share range bands.

I'm still betting on KHD profiles coming from outsourced Aleph skirmishing units like Nagas.

Furiat and Maksimas like this.
  6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Having Wu Ming play a minor role in IA wouldn't be amiss, however, they are far too similar to Zuyong that there's only a few profiles that's actually going to be used (mainly HRL and LGL I'd say) and only then if they can be assigned to Zuyong links.
    As it is, I don't see the value in it and would rather see complementary profiles among Shang-Ji and Zuyong (which roughly translates to some way to get mines into sectorial and LGL for Shangers) instead of adding Wu Ming for the sake of padding.

Space Ranger, Section9 and Triumph like this.
  7. Section9

Fair point. If we got the HRL and Multi+LGL in either Zuyong or Shang Ji, there's no pressing need to have Wu Ming in the sectorial at all, just the fluff of the Wu Ming being Invincible Army penal legion.

8. Space Ranger

Why would the IA send away their problem children to play with the ISS rather than use them themselves? I'm sure many are sent to prison to then be recruited as Wu Ming by ISS but not all of them.

9. Mahtamori

Because the military companies aren't staffed or trained to handle disciplinary actions over an extended period of time and the Wu Ming in question might have committed crimes against the Army itself? If you think about it a bit further in real life terms instead of game play, you'll get increasingly weirded out at the thought of the Army maintaining their own penal legions in a well-run bureaucratic* nation, which Yu Jing is. Even the old fascisms of old kept penal legions distinct from regular forces.

* As a side note; bureaucracy is not something inherently negative. It's a device by which personal prejudice, incompetence or greed of the individual statesman can be inhibited. Negative bureaucracy is when the goal of the function is also inhibited by the bureaucratic process.

10. Space Ranger

Good points. I don't think I'd want to be fighting next to them. There would always be the feeling that they are not to be depended on or would even turn on me. Considering some of them desert to become Ikari too.

11. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

In terms of the interactions between regular military and ISS, you can actually see how things play out in ways that neither side considers ideal, but get us where we are in the setting: the army answers to the Party which wants to keep control, the Imperial Service to the Emperor who wants to increase control. Right now, during military operations the ISS comes under command of the High Command, the army... a lot for an Emperor to give up. But the ISS ALSO serves as military police over regular military forces, and runs the penal units, which gives them a lot of power. Those two facts are probably the result of political maneuver and horse-trading between Party and Emperor to come to an accommodation both could live with.

I'd also argue for the army having a political work department of commissars to ensure loyalty to the Party, and some MP actions need to be cosigned by your unit commissar to ensure the Emperor doesn't use ISS policing power to subvert the Party's military forces, but thats getting a bit off-topic... unless we get a Chain-of-Command Shang Ji (up until now I've been using a Warcor, so my commissar survival rates are abysmal, perhaps the decision has been made to up-armour ^_^).

12. Space Ranger

In the other YJ topic I've suggested that the Black Banner is the Banner army of the Emperor and the ISS. Black in Chinese culture being the color of the Celestial and Emperor.

13. Triumph

Doubt the Emperor would get a full banner + ISS to call their own. They're too much of a puppet for the actual ruling party to be given that much firepower.

14. Mahtamori

From what I can find, you're correct that black is a good colour for ISS, but for entirely the wrong reasons. Black being the colour of water, evil, suffering, bad luck and cruelty. What you might be confusing it with is that the North Star was seen as the home of the celestial emperor, but this doesn't make black the emperor's colour as was pointed out in the other thread by Section9.

However, taking both what Section9 noted regarding yellow being the colour of the centre and black being the colour of cruelty, it's more appropriate for the ISS to be Black-and-Yellow Banner. While it seems the old bordered banners that Section9 referred to in the other thread are primarily red borders, the ISS banner would thus probably be Black with Yellow borders.
    Incidentally, I believe that this is ISS' colours.

BenMoss and Maksimas like this.
  15. Space Ranger

I know black is water but I don't I've never heard of cruelty, bad luck an suffering or evil. Those are all western views of black. Black is Yin. A natural part of the universe. Yielding, cold, female, night, death. All natural parts of the Tao. I've been teaching Tai Chi for 20+ years and studying Taoism for the the last 3.

As with Infinity, I can understand the whole Black Banner not bing ISS. But I'm thinking of all law enforcement put together. Also, the control can still be under the party with the Emperor a part of it.

Ten Thousand Arrows likes this.
  16. Mahtamori

It's basically the top 5 results that aren't Wikipedia when searching for it on Google.

ISS is separate from law enforcement. They aren't cops and (sadly) they don't employ cops in their sectorial.

17. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Closest thing to cops they employ are what I'd call our version of ''SWAT'' or ''riot teams''.
    Kind of a fitting role for the Bao Troops, what with their heaping ton of visors and alll.

18. Shiwen

Shiwen Commissar, Yu Jing Political Work Department

Though the point may stand, the local police forces are law enforcement*, and under Imperial control... perhaps, colloquially speaking, once could term the beat cops, court guards, along with the militarized SWAT+JudgeDredds of ISS as the forces of the 'Imperial Banner'.

*Though I presume that the Party directly oversees local committees (either as part of municipal/borough government, or Cuban-style Committees for the Defense of the Revolution in each city block) responsible for ensuring political loyalty in parallel to police units ensuring obedience to the law.

19. Section9

No, black is not a color of cruelty, evil, suffering, or bad luck.

He's called the Dark Lord of the Northern Heavens because he wears black. Xuan Chen is probably the most honorable of all the Big 4.

20. Mahtamori

Uh. What?

You've got this backwards. I'm not interpreting Xuan Chen, I'm retelling what I find when I search regarding significance of colours in China. There's a lot of conflicting accounts on what colours mean, of course, with bad luck being the most dubiously associated with black and more likely associated with white. Also just found a source making conflicting remarks regarding whether it's black or purple for the North Star. Sources also can't quite manage to be consistent regarding wealth, though most claim those are the colour white some claim it's green, with black being the one that generates or attracts wealth.
    Power and stability seems to be often mentioned with black, but the only truly consistent thing I keep finding is water.
    The strictly negative qualities I wrote in the post you quoted seems to be mostly missing from a lot of sources, with each of the main five colours being ambiguously positive in qualities. I'm also seeing a slight difference between what I'd say are retellings of observations on modern China and traditional Feng Shui or similar traditions, with the former being more influenced with western ideals (or literally westerners as one notes blue is considered a negative colour while noting blue eyes of westerners)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation