1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discontinuation of Acon Starter?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by MoScotch, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

If you serch for photos of the Dragao and the Squalo, you will see how too many similarity he have with the Squalo. Probably I will use this as "a Dragao".

Golem2God likes this.
  2. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

well, all S7 TAGs (squalo series) share the same chassis, so...

chromedog, Golem2God and Urobros like this.
  3. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Gross.

4. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Handy in the pike and shot period of fighting. Being able to rapidly deploy an entire pike block to a certain area in the midst of a large battle can swing things quickly.

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

And, in the form of mounted rifles, for quite a while after that.

Use horses for mobility (there are several advantages to that: way better cross-country capability than early wheeled vehicles, don't require spare parts or techniczed rear echelon, and "fuelling" is easier too). Dismount, fight on foot, remount for maneuver.
    Downside: you tend to lose about 1/3 of your manpower effectively (somebody has to keep the horses in the rear area, available and ready for quick re-mount. Practice indcated that one man can take care of two extra horses in this fashion, in addition to his own), and when on horseback, this type of troop is pretty vulnerable to gunfire, especially with high-ROF weapons.

You can also use the option of mounted charge, though it typically requires a very specific set of circumstances to be successful in the post-Napoleonic era.

DukeofEarl and Golem2God like this.
  6. DukeofEarl

Technically dragoons weren't trained for mounted combat, but it would happen in a pinch if needed. Their use was one of the reasons lancers stayed useful for so long too. They were a great target for a lightly armored strike force.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Lancers, Cuirassiers, Hussars are all mounted warfare, iirc. Dragoons were designed to dismount, but a guy with a cavalry saber coming at you is still no joke. Carabiniers could go both ways as I recall.

Golem2God and DukeofEarl like this.
  8. DukeofEarl

Yep different levels of armoring. Though that is getting further out of my 16th century wheelhouse. Carabiniers tend to be horseborn as a long gun is much a more difficult to shoot from horseback. As with the dragoons though, necessity in the heat of the battle could lead to...adaptation, but that would be infrequent. Also worth noting that early carabiniers were the most technically advanced guns. You really don't want to be dealing with match while on a horse so they would get the nifty wheel-locks.

Golem2God likes this.
  9. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Or just use an Uhlan. ;)

Golem2God likes this.
  10. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Last time it really worked was bersheba

11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

There was a cavalry pursuit/charge within the last 20 years in Afghanistan, by American Special Ops troops. More chasing broken/fleeing troops than an actual charge, though.

coleslaw likes this.
  12. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

thats kinda the point. bershebs was a charge

and one on the order of magnitude that a Special forces operation just really doesnt get too.

13. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Tooting my own national horn, I know, but I'd say it really worked at Schoenfeld as well. Which it was quite a few years later than Beersheba. And Komarów (twenty five years before Schoenfeld) deserves a mention, too...

eciu and Stiopa like this.
  14. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born born

15. MoScotch

MoScotch Well-Known Member

that went into horse stuff really fast :D

thanks for all your answers and suggestions for proxies. I rarely play, I just liked the Acon starter miniatures and wanted to paint them one day, so i guess I will have to hurry and get a pack of them before they become ancient and too expensive.

now back to horses please!

Golem2God likes this.
  16. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

The answer has been given and the rest was not really necessary was it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation