1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did the process and conclusion of "backdoor" improve your Infinity experience?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Plebian, Apr 3, 2018.

?

How do you feel about Backdoor

1. I have a favorable opinion

49 vote(s)
    28.5%
  2. I have an unfavorable opinion

63 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. I have no opinion

49 vote(s)
    28.5%
  4. I do not know what that is

11 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Try a 25+mm d20. Or my 12mm solid silver one. A die that heavy (~20+grams) rolls predictably, if you know how to throw it with the same amount of force every time.

It's not hard.

I agree that a community manager would probably be a good thing. Would probably have to start off as a paid-in-swag thing, since CB would need about 30.

Scary thought.

xagroth likes this.
  2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

It's also quite obvious XD. Anyway, nothing prevents people to ask to check the dice. As I mentioned in some other threads, the simpler way to "trick" the dice would be with a magnet inside, and an electromagnet on the rolling tray, so you can throw a light magnetic force that would force either the negative or the positive part to stick on the bottom (since electromagnets can change polarity with a change on the current's direction, if I remember right my physics classes).

I all cases, it is kinda funny when a dice always "rolls right".

Abrilete likes this.
  3. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

Agreed.

chromedog and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  4. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

CB already has a paid-in-swag workforce that has sort of failed it with the leaks. Plus if you're only losing out on free merch, then you'll have far less incentive to uphold NDAs etc than if you could be losing a paying job, even if it's the equivalent of a 16 hour min wage gig...
    CB also seems to be very proud of their achievements providing Jobs to their local area too, so I don't know if that would be a factor they'd consider when looking for native English speakers.
    Personally I'd love to be let on the release list, given some insight into the Inner word of CB etc, and if they paid me to do it I'd be available pretty much whenever, but I don't speak Spanish much more than ordering beer, and I have absolutely no relevant experience...

5. elvedril

elvedril Member

I just want to second this. The coolest thing that happened in the Wotan campaign was when CB mentioned the battle report of a guy I know as one of the best in the faction. That was pretty incredible. Having the chance to see the results of the campaign I participated in mentioned in the next book, would be similarly cool. Trying to remember which factions have a slightly better HVT is nowhere near an fun, especially since it is giving a (admittedly very minor) buff to a faction that clearly doesn't need it since it is winning things.

Barrogh, xagroth and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  6. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Combined Army is not "winning things"; the Winter Winner was just for being top of the ITS. Says nothing about how good the faction is.

7. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Well, yeah, but to be top he had to win things playing as the faction, therefore technically speaking... :stuck_out_tongue:

8. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

NO, Del S; you don't understand! There's nothing good to say about it - it's just black; black, all black like the procession of night that leads us into the Valley of Despair!
    :smile:

#388 Wolf, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  9. Hecaton

Statistically, though, one player at the top of the ITS rankings says almost nothing about the faction's balance.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  10. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

I'd say it has more to do with handpicking sent reports, players still belonging to their local meta and other funsies of tabletop gaming.

chromedog and Hecaton like this.
  11. Hecaton

Yuuuup

12. elvedril

elvedril Member

Umm... They won Backdoor. Which is won by winning ITS events. Which means they win ITS events. I feel like I'm missing something.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  13. Hecaton

You're assuming that all ITS events were reported evenly. For my part, seeing that Combined Army was so close to winning meant I created and played in a lot of one-shots. Someone playing, say, NA2 was likely to care a lot less since their faction had a very small chance of winning.

14. elvedril

elvedril Member

So you saw that CA was winning a lot, decided to play them and make them win more, and you claim many more people did that as well. Again, I'm confused where in this chain of events you think you are disproving my claim that CA wins a lot.

I'm not saying that CA is broken and wins every game. I'm saying they aren't weaker than the other factions, so don't need a leg up. Giving them a bonus that makes them more effective in the game is unnecessary and can possibly lead to resentment.

Plebian likes this.
  15. Hecaton

@elvedril But that doesn't mean that Combined Army has a higher win percentage, just that more games were played.

16. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

According to Hellois, the numbers had been normalized, so it was not a "more players reporting wins => more points to faction". Seeing how Aleph scored so well, for example, gives credit to this.

Abrilete and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  17. Hecaton

I know he said that, but I have no reason to believe that's the case. Why did NA2 do so poorly?

18. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

It was just the Druze Bayram, with players totally new to the army. A sub-par performance is not surprising, at least for me /shrug

Nemo No Name likes this.
  19. Hecaton

No, it included everyone else, including JSA, after Army got updated.

20. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I disagree there. Hellois specifically stated that JSA was part of Yu Jing during the whole ITS Challenge...

Abrilete and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation