1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Deniable Asset" - wishlisting NA2 PanO merc force

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by barakiel, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Hey, one is not enough to cover all the hot SoF action! :P

colbrook and eciu like this.
  2. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

I wonder how badly do I want to rebase my Aristeia Soldiers of Fortune.
    This looks more like Tunguska with some extra mercs than true PanO + Nomads I was hoping for. I have more than a few models for this, but not Bolts or Securitate.

Also what a sneaky move from CB. First NA2 armies nudge you into crossing into several Infinity armies (hey, nice McMurrough for Corregidor and Cateran for StarCo, you're almost halfway into playing CHA, why not give it a go?) and now Foreign Company is a not-so-subtle nudge to get playing Aristeia as well!

Golem2God likes this.
  3. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

It feels strange to see the Brawler without link options (being the only MSV there), to have 3 Engineers but almost nothing to use them on.
    Will be interesting

4. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Just a guess, but I think it might be some kind of Infiltration/Forward Deployment combined with allowing all members of any Fireteam to be affected.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  5. Stiopa

A TAG, two kinds of HIs, bunch of Remotes. Pretty standard work enviroment for an Engineer. Also, it's a welcome thing to have PanO troops and a choice of good Engineers in the same list :D

Ben Kenobi, Golem2God and Section9 like this.
  6. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Have you guys seen the Profiles?

[​IMG]
    HD+ Upgrade Maestro, Pitcher+Cybermines, Mimetism+SMG. Jesus.

[​IMG]
    Affordable CoC that enables a Haris - neat
    Strategic Deployment apparently allows to hold the entire Link he is in reserve, a bit too expensive for my taste.

[​IMG]
    Basically Ajax without his armour. Oh yeah and Total Immunity as well as Grenades to make things more fun.

[​IMG]

That's just a pleasure to look at even before having specific Link options.

7. Stiopa

Yeah. Laxmee is good, but expensive - even with SMG keeping the cost down. Access to WN will be useful. Hannibal is good as well. If Strategic Deployment really works that way it's worth those points. Valkyrie might be my favourite doorkicker once I get FC.

It's also fully possible to build almost completely Veteran force. I'm curious about the fireteam details. And how exactly will the Bolts improve.

8. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

If it worked like that it would potentially allow you to hold 5 units in reserve... How is that too expensive?

over in FB though IJW did comment that it is not related to Strategos, so I think we can assume it is field deployment related instead.

9. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Not really. Shes not that much more than most HD+ units. Overall shes well worth her cost. Now Hannibal is the somewhat expensive one for what he does. Hes comparable to a basic HI. However, COC definitely make him worth it. The real question is what aggressive LT choices are in the army that make taking the CoC worth it? ORC LT? LOL

AdmiralJCJF and Stiopa like this.
  10. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hannibal's presumably core link?

11. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Even with current Bolt costs, you can use this Harris

Hannibal CoC multi MMR 39
    Bolt w/ drop bears 25
    Bolt w/ shotgun 19

83 points? Doesn't seem worth it

12. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I'm not really a huge fan of Laxmee, she seems really expensive for being a decent hacker with mediocre gunfighting capabilities. WN is always decent but we don't have any incredible combos with it unfortunately. Although FC has a very real repeater network. I really like Hannibal, despite the price. I'm really hoping they give him Wildcard.

13. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Kriza Borak HMG Lt.

Ben Kenobi, Death and Golem2God like this.
  14. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Multi MMR on a MODless command and control dude seems like a waste, it's such an expensive gun. I'd rather have someone else in his link bring a proper B4 gun.
    The Special Fireteam options will be quite interesting to see. Mostly for Laxmee, Avicenna, Deadpool and Valkyre. Not sure Hannibal himself adds much too a link assuming there are other ways to get a Haris Profile in there.

For anyone who missed Laxmee's Pitcher with Cybermines... she has a Pitcher and Minelayer with Cybermines. Those things are bonkers.
    Haris and Mimetic SMG to make her worth putting in a Link also doesn't seem that bad. I still wonder why she is that much more expensive than a Danavas but small things like BTS6 end up adding up.

How about a Kriza Borac HMG instead?

15. Death

Death Well-Known Member

Thats right, the Kriza Borac w/ HMG can be a LT. Thats pretty darn great with coc. I do love the Kriza. I've found the Merc company for me. lol

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  16. Make PanO Great Again :P

For real, the only member of the team that seams interesting is Hannibal, Deadpool can tag along for the eclipse but is Mr H the one paying the bills here.
    It will all hang on the link options and how Strategic Deploy works, dose 2 things will make or break the army i think.

Also, whats the opinion on the Uberfallkommando?
    No one seems to mentioned and they seem interesting and useful for the units we have here, great missile, second and cheaper eclipse nades, good and inexpensive engagement perimeter defense.... nice all around

#136 Make PanO Great Again :P, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  17. MikeTheScrivener

Theyre neat, but they mostly fill the same role as Valk and aren't as shiny

18. Make PanO Great Again :P

Valk lacks eclipse, cant cover so much area, is much more expensive, cant gang a target or do the one ARO smoke trick.
    Valk.... i just dont get, not in a link and less as a solo, seems like a Mc Dogo 1.1 without delivery

DukeofEarl likes this.
  19. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

linkable s2, non extremely impetuous mc murder, also with nbw aside from berserk. she is more like ajax than mc murder honestly

20. MikeTheScrivener

to each his own of course, but here are my thoughts on Valk: if taken in a link with Señor he can provide eclipse – not that she needs it so much though. Compared to the Uberfall, she's a lot more durable, isn't as afraid of templates, and can actually gun fight rather effectively. She's also a lot more dangerous to clumped troops due to grenades – spec fire or normal use. Overall she's way more flexible than the Uberfall. But I would expect as much out of a character that costs twice the amount of points.

I would probably run her solo though to be honest, and commit her far to a flank. She guarantees that my opponent will have to divert a much needed troop elsewhere to cover her approach, or attempt to dig her out. You can do something similar with the Uberfall but a lot of your opponent's answers to them won't work on Valk. She's a lot tougher to take down and will drain a lot more of your opponent's resources. I also have a feeling I don't value smoke/eclipse as highly as you do, which is a big factor.

difference in max CC damage is also totally moot imo – they're both going to melt things really really really easily

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation