1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Deniable Asset" - wishlisting NA2 PanO merc force

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by barakiel, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

When I say "parts", I don't mean mechanical parts.
    TO Camo that easily available? Pity Ariadnan Intelligence agencies are incompetent enough to not be able to purchase at least some for their top operatives.

In any case, doesn't matter. The risk is always there and benefits do not exist. Even if Aleph wants something done as part of a mission, it's simpler to simply pay off a mercenary to do it.

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Even if the LHost is completely biological, the spine of all the Greek LHosts has been completely redesigned for greater strength. A Human's lumbar spine curve weakens it, but that curve is there because humans used to wander around on 4 legs, not upright.

3. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly some infos from the FIRST Version of Infinity to the other more recent (so subject to Fan-Rumormongering and Revision of the Background) the Vedic Soldiers are "Motoko Kusanagi Style" TOTALLY cybernetic bodies with JUST a Synth-Skin cover (so, LIKE the Major of Ghost-In-The-Shell when seriously Wounded, or more correctly "Damaged", little bits of Mecha Parts, or WEIRD clearlt SYNTH musclefibers, like in Scarlet Johannson movie, are apparent). . .

Meanwhile the Myrmydons, SHOULD be Clone-Growth "High% Technorganics" kind of "Biomorphs Frames" that are cheaper to be created quickly and expended on the battlefield; when a Myrmydon is so effective to "Scale Ranks" (such as for Ajax) THEN is grafted some more "Heavy Gear Cybertech" to be able to combat more effectively. . .

@Section9 remark is top-on-spot but from Official Concept Art is very difficult to understand if some "Hitech Gewgaws" are CYBERNETIC installed or are JUST "Worn Bodysuit Parts"; also the more advanced Armours of the A.L.E.P.H. forces seems to be "Anchored" at the Spine and other "Sensible Spots" FURTHER blurring the lines between Organic Body, Mechanized Cybertech and External Gear. . .

. . . . .

I check much of this from VISUAL cues of A.L.E.P.H. Official Concept Art and Illustrations, cross-referenced from extant material from Modiphius R.P.G. but, AS I HAVE MANY TIME SAID, here in Italy is IMPOSSIBLE to obtain "Human Sphere NA3" and other Wargame Manuals WITHOUT an HIDEOUSLY costly surcharge from German Importers, so PERHAPS there is some RECENT blurb of "Official Canon Spiel" that WHOLLY contradict these Infos of mine based, on old, outdated Material. . . . .!!!

4. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

Also My "Outdated References" hints (cross-indexed from Achilles Stats in the R.P.G.) that "Troy Brad Pitt" is the TOPMOST extent of A.L.E.P.H. Miniaturization Tech. . .

Essentially the "Heavy Armour Version" of Achilles, with the Oplythe Wargear" is, more-or-less, an HEAVY T.A.G. hypercompressed in a barely 2m. High Humanoid Frame. . .

In the Roleplaying Game is clearly statted that NOTHING, not EVEN E.I. Operatives, should be more powerful at that Human Size (and we are speaking of JUST the "Physical Capabilities" as Achilles Skillset is DOWNLOADED from ALL COLLECTED "History of Human Warfare" kind of "Battle Talents" that "Big Sister" was able to cram in that perfectly-tailored, shampoo-conditioned, long-haired head). . .!!

5. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

They say so. But Achilles, Ajax and other Big Lumps from Cthulhu, sorry, Greek Mythos were not invited to that party :)

6. MrNailbrain

MrNailbrain Relentless Optimist

I always thought that Lhosts were vat grown human bodies that had enhanced musculature, skeletal systems, subdermal armor implants, etc to make them essentially augmented humans instead of totally mechanical.

Synths from Fallout, essentially. Indistinguishable from normal humans in life, even in death, unless you did a full on autopsy and figured out that their bones are reinforced with metamaterials and their skin has a layer of ceramic.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  7. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

As far as I understood the RPG,
    Lhosts are artificial bodies, but still biological.
    A standard Lhost is just as strong and durable as an average human body,
    but there are custom models,
    up to the titan models that can even survive in the vacuum of space.
    But there are loooots of upgrades:
    cyberware, bioware, nanomachines and silk-upgrades.

But an ordinary human can benefit from them as much as a lhost.

So the main difference breaks down to "being born" or "being built",
    but the base is a biological one in both cases.

8. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Exactly.

And a lot of "human" soldiers will be in lhost bodies, just like the ones the Aleph aspects are using.

There's nothing there to prove origin.

... but this is well past the point of being useful discussion. It's unlikely that such a force will ever exist, and if it does even more unlikely it will include Aleph units (no matter how much I feel it would make sense and work).

9. Death By Monkeys

Death By Monkeys Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Huh.

With the latest rumors, I think I'm going to need to re-read this thread more carefully.

Stiopa likes this.
  10. Death By Monkeys

Death By Monkeys Well-Known Member
    Warcor

So, I'm combing back through this, looking to see what fits with the latest rumors of a supposed PanO-Nomad NA2 Merc organization.

And while there's a lot of discussion of Aleph units, there's only a handful about Nomads (note to self: check Nomads forum for a similar thread about Nomads Merc wishlisting...) But this one struck me:

And yeah, getting to use a Szally would be cool. Or Iguanas or Geckos to a lesser degree. But this would actually be a really fantastic opportunity for CB to update the Lizard without having to rework Nomads or Bakunin as a whole.

AdmiralJCJF and Stiopa like this.
  11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Well, there have also been mentions of other second-line TAGs in existence, in Scarface Turner's fluff. He was originally in a YJ TAG (exact make unspecified) and is now in a PanO-made "Ramhorn-327".

Golem2God and Death By Monkeys like this.
  12. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Botls Haris/Special.

Securtate linking with CSU etc.

Some weird ORCs links.

13. Make PanO Great Again :P

Make PanO Great Again :P Varuna, with the deadliest reptiles in the sphere

From Yu Jing forum:
    As a huge Deadpool fan, the possibility to use Sr. Massacre (i almost went Corregidor only for him) its just satisfying as af.
    Just let me use him and John "Hannibal" Smith (grow up with that shit) and i will play that sectorial no mater what else is in it.

AdmiralJCJF and CoffeeBadger like this.
  14. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Worth mentioning that this thread had no basis in rumor at all... Merely brainstorming/wishlisting. But it definitely got people thinking about what a PanO-based Merc company might look like. Sounds like the Soldiers of Fortune were the special ingredient, and that support will come from Tunguska-based Nomads rather than any other faction.

This actually works out well for me, because I very nearly bought up the Securitate to use as Corporate Security-themed Fusiliers in my NCA.

Actually getting to use Securitate will be amazing, and the Kriza Borac is a unit that all PanO players should admire. I'm excited to try them both without actually having to play Nomads.

Golem2God and Smiler like this.
  15. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Wait a sec... Foreign Legion gets KBs?

barakiel likes this.
  16. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

According to rumor and leaks, yes.

barakiel likes this.
  17. barakiel

Yes, rumors are kicking around that Foreign will be PanO-themed, but will borrow some Nomad troops. I'm not aware of anything concrete, but Securitate and KB were mentioned specifically.

I don't know if it's true, but if it is... I see it as these troops coming "home" to PanO :laughing:

Thandar, TaHu, Guardian and 3 others like this.
  18. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

Rumours that I've seen also say Zeros, Croc men, Iguanas, Orcs and Uberfalkommandos.

I'm really interested to see how FC are put together if the rumours are true, both fluffwise and gameplay-wise.

It'd be easy to fluff the Iguanas as old Pan O tech that got bought by mercs instead of Nomads. You can stretch that with Securitate representing professional, experienced mercs but then what about Uberfalkommandos? How do gene spliced nightmares fit?

Golem2God likes this.
  19. barakiel

Good question. The actual role of the Uberfallkommandos is to infiltrate and police illegal bloodsport/unlicensed Aristeia-style combat.

So it's not unreasonable that a Merc company centered around licensed, high-profile Aristos would cooperate or enlist agents who went after the shadier, unlicensed part of that world.

The setup of the unit itself could also represent part of the personal entourage, or even personal trainers, for any of the Aristos in the Sectorial. If you're a professional athlete, you stay at the top of your game by constantly training, practicing, sparring, etc.

I can easily see any of the SoF contracting with Bakunin for a cadre of elite sparring/training partners.

A third possibility is that it's a prestige thing. If Foreign works with celebrities or eccentric personalities, and since Bakunin is a very fashionable place for people to party, having some weird, eccentric Bakunin units as part of a personal entourage and security detail is very exciting. Pupniks have a dangerous reputation, and I can see Foreign displaying them as expensive, illegal, dangerous, prestigious guard dogs.

DukeofEarl, Stiopa, Golem2God and 2 others like this.
  20. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

Nice explanation! I really like the idea of them being a prestige thing, like a drug lord keeping a tiger as a pet.

oldGregg and barakiel like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation