1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defense in OSS

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by yoink101, Sep 12, 2019.

1. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

The only case I could see the template being a strong option is if your opponent misdeploys and then has to spend a couple of orders moving things around to avoid the template. In almost every case the range bands and mimetism of the Dakini sniper would be a better option.

2. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

I love the options and ideas I’m seeing. Thanks!

I played a game a couple of weeks ago in which I put my Dakini fireteam into my second combat group along with the Apsara and warcore. This was actually really liberating for me as I was able to set up aros and get my Dakini team killed throughout the game and it had no impact on my main order pool. Not to mention, the fireteam is such a draw and an important target for my opponent that they are likely to focus on the fireteam and put less effort into reducing my main order pool.

3. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

The missile launcher definitely benefits from misplays from your opponent but it does have some other minor uses over a sniper rifle. Where as against a Sniper rifle a Link team of HI can just push up aggressively and tank a free shot on random members as they go for example they are heavily penalized trying to pull the same nonsense against a Missile because of the way the blast will hit everyone. This may sound minor but even delaying an extra half order is premium value against lists that rely on order efficiency and high combat odd plays.

Mimetism is also not always a factor and you save points on the ML.

Missiles also can make for some useful active turn pressure if your opponent say has an unconcious model on a corner that you can use to clip a second guy that is out of LOS.

I wont claim a Missile Bot is the holy grail of OSS AROs but the reduction in price it received have taken it from being a strange relatively useless choice to at least one of mild interest.

yoink101 likes this.
  4. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Don't forget Arjuna, those bots are utterly disposable and pack great zone control, especially if you can push em up a lane a bit early on. They'll drain orders either dealing with them or diverting around and they're good bait for impetuous models like warbands

WarHound and yoink101 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation