1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear CB, what should I do with my TWO DaoFei HMG minis?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Benkei, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Shall I put them on the shelf with my old school Ko Dali sculpt, 2 Raiden, 2 Oniwaban, Shinobu, Shikami and O Yoroi I can no longer play neither? Can you please stop invalidating purchases? I'm truly amazed at how you can copy so many of (old)GW's policies and people still think GW is the devil but you are "bros"

And no, I'm not gonna proxy, I like my army looking the way it's supposed to look, not like a mish mash of differently chaptered marine Repulsors.

Space Ranger and the huanglong like this.
  2. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

Had this thought today. I think I’m going to bite the bullet and replace the HMG with a Multi Rifle or Boarding Shotgun if I can arrange to get hold of one off another model or 3d printed.

3. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

If someone 3D scans existing limbs and starts doing CAD weapon swaps and printing them they'll make as much money off me as Corvus does. The weapon assets already exist.

Daofei HMG isn't even an old model. We end up with a model we can't use, and the MULTI Rifle hacker profile never gets a model.

Fed4ykin likes this.
  4. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

Have you seen the printable weapon files from Monstrous Makings on Patreon? The slicer-ready files are free to download; a friend has a 3d resin printer and I’m probably going to hit him up for a multi rifle for my daofei, a gun for an Anaconda I’ve got somewhere, and an ITS guijia sword. If you don’t know anyone with a printer, I think Monstrous Makings will print and ship to you, and there are also some folks doing one-off miniature prints via Etsy storefronts. It’d be better if there were full arm swaps available—this would be a great time for CB to issue faction upgrade packs with a few obvious alternate weapons/arms to handle stuff like this.

5. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

Thanks, I don't want to do any chopping though, which is why I was daydreaming of the converting being done in CAD based on a 3D scan of the existing limbs. The bullpup layout of a lot of Yu Jing guns makes swapping very hard.

6. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Should have known this would happen because I just painted mine and have yet to use it. :scream:

7. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Proxy it and stop being a melodramatic baby about it? Just call it a dao fei spitfire and be done with it. No one will be able to tell anyway from the distance we look at our minis while playing.

8. Fed4ykin

Fed4ykin Well-Known Member

Did exactly what you said with my wu ming. Had monstrous makings print me some weapons. Really nice, fast and without complications. Would recommend!
    Stil sad about the HMG daofei. I already have one with multirifle that I liberated from the red veil zuyong.

9. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I was absolutely perplexed by when CB had released an hmg daofei.

Realised I had converted it to a spitfire ages ago. Not even a particularly good effort but if all the infinity models this is probably one of the easiest weapon swaps out there.

Attached Files:

10. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

I love all the endless nitpicking and whining, but guess I'll have to shut up because you gotta respect negative opinions, eh?

11. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Except, you know, I already have a DaoFei Spitfire, but your insults are welcome, this forums wouldn't be the same without the obvious trolls. How about the rest of the minis I can't use?

@ObviousGray so calling CB out in having a pretty new model invalidated just because (on top of this not being the first nor the second time it happens) is nitpicking and whining? But of course only if CB does it, when it's GW its pitchforks and bonfires.

the huanglong likes this.
  12. Arkiemon

Arkiemon Member

so CB can't remove any profiles of any miniaturs they given out? or put a time limit, after 5 years it can be removed? wonder how many useless profiles there would be, and then people would whine that they can't get a miniature for every profil? (if they ended up removing old miniatures) so they gotta keep making all these old miniatures to the end of days?

Remnar and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  13. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

it's just a bit weird because the beyond red veil daofei HMG sculpt wasn't that old. No one would have bat an eye if it was the one from N2.

14. Arkiemon

Arkiemon Member

If am not wrong, I think hellcats and daofeis are the only profiles that got one with spitfire and one with hmg? both have been removed to have spitfire instead? I think both fit better with spitfire for what they do, so probly very few actually used the hmg ones. and always looked weird to me (sorta like having HRL and ML profil on same unit)

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  15. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Depends on how terrain heavy your boards are. The HMG profile was also more useful if you wanted to play conservatively and move around shooting from close to your DZ.

16. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Honestly, there's been a few concessions over the past few years because of them not wanting to invalidate recent miniatures.

17. Arkiemon

Arkiemon Member

I guess this is in vanilla? Hac Tao is sorta the long range gunner there? so the profiles was in conflict sorta? now they both got their type of fighting. maybe thats just me

18. Triumph

Hac Tao costs alot more and doesn't have the option to deploy forwards and get cross table shots from the get go if you see an opening.

You also can't take the Hac Tao in White Banner where the Dao Fei now resides because the two units flipped the sectorials they belong to in the fluff for no apparent reason.

19. Triumph

Mostly it's just feels like a bit of an asinine move from CB to delete the profile.

• It's hardly overpowered as a gunfighter, it's an unlinked HMG and the Spitfire profiles carry the same burst and is pretty much on an equal footing for gunfighting
    • Its a relatively recent sculpt, deleting it for no obvious reason is just gonna annoy people
    Personally I hope it's actually just missing due to a bug, @Koni , but I'm not holding my breath.

20. Arkiemon

Arkiemon Member

true about that, also when you bring up that fluff thing, when was this fluff for Dao Fei? at start of n3 book under the unit info? as I think they havent even started the building/planing on IA? that was like 3 years until IA came out? (I can be mistaken with how long) but I guess when they finally started on IA. they found the flipping of them fit better? or did they mention Dao Fei in IA right befor they came out? in a livestream or something? or that they used the same dossier but forgot to change the Icon(as that is a minor thing)? or Am I missing something?

#20 Arkiemon, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation