1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Douge, Jan 4, 2018.

1. DAE

DAE Member

How do we and can we deal with Yu Jing when the player runs JSA with Ninjas and Oniwaban. Both of whom have TO Camo and Infiltration.

From what I've seen in our lists, we have a few troops that ave MSV1 but that's about it.

So, how can we deal with this threat with what we've got?
    Any suggestions?

Doug

2. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Flamethrowers, Chain rifles and Antipodes. Add to that we have relatively high WIP and its less of an issue than it would be for a lot of people.

xagroth likes this.
  3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Also you will have more orders (almost sure), and the only MSV2 troop JSA has is the spitfire remote, so your "use smoke to close to the enemy" will be easier.

4. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Mine and minelayer. If you play first you can easily lay a minefield with one or two coordinated order, protecting objectives and key trooper. If playing second, minelayer should help. This way you can stop them while still camoed.

Also, having all your troop/main troop camoed help as they will need to detect you to act. Most of JSA camo/TO are CC oriented so they will need to loose an order detecting you before engage/cc.

PS : Highlanders have high WIP and chainrifle for intuitive attacks

5. DAE

DAE Member

So, from what I'm reading is that I should try to Discover?

One thing that I didn't know you could do with a Mine is do an Intuitive Attack. Takes a full order, but that's cool.
    I knew that a Mine could be put down as an ARO, plus his camo troop would have to Discover my camo troop before engaging in CC.

Next question? Delaying ARO. Can anyone do this?

6. cazboab

Anything that gets an ARO to the first short order of a camouflage token can delay, but if it's a melee oriented trooper under the token, your opponent will likely move as the second short order rather than start a firefight, which will remove your chance for ARO, so think carefully about calling the discover attempt(and by the same token if you call discover and it turns out to be a hac tao hmg you're getting hosed either way) depending on the situation you think is most likely to be true. You will get it wrong at least some of the time, accept that first then just hope the dice are kind.

In an ideal world you'll have more than one model that can ARO, in which case you can call discover on one or two and delay on another with a weapon in the butter zone so that you can get the best of both worlds, but occasionally you will get stuck facing down a camouflage token with your Line Kazak/volunteer LT with nothing for backup and have to make the hard call.

#6 cazboab, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  7. DAE

DAE Member

Sounds good to me.

8. EpicDiceFail

EpicDiceFail Patron Saint of Horrible Dice

I agree wth the last couple of posts. Flood with Camo and force them to reveal.

Uxia is must to put pressure them darn Ninjas! If deploying 1st use her to bait them in their half of the table.

9. DAE

DAE Member

Yes. I was playing around with a list. Couple of regular troops for orders but for also support. Also made sure that I have various troops that 'could be' the Lt. Rest are camouflaged or troops that have Sixth Sense...such as Vet Kazak and Chassuers

I'll try that with Uxia

10. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

galwegians

cazboab likes this.
  11. DAE

DAE Member

Only got a couple. But yeah. I usually run them with a 3rd grey as back up. Not a bad trio when it comes to smoke :D

12. Arkhos94

Not only for smoke, they have a quite high wip (14!) to detect, a chain rifle for intuitive attack and if a ninja or oniwaban is not camoed, you can engage it and use berserk for an uneven trade (remember you can engage in reactive turn if your oponent come close enough at any point during is movement)

Having a few of them to cover access road could be quite usefull and very cheap

13. DAE

DAE Member

Oh? I did not know that you could engage on your Reactive turn if they'e close. May have to find that and read up on it

14. Arkhos94

You can ORA at any point of your opponent movement. So imagine the following case :
    - TO marker declare move, its move make the marker pass 2 cm away from your highlander and go far away
    - your highlander retard his ORA
    - TO marker declare an attack and reveal itself
    - you declare engage at the point when it was close to you, if you pass you will be in CC even if he is no away from your 5cm

Next action, highlander cut the TO marker in two

15. DAE

DAE Member

Sooo...if I understand your example...the TO marker is still moving away from the Highlander?
    Highlander retard is ORA? :confused::confused::confused:

16. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Is that right? Is it not that you can ARO at any part of the short skill that gives you an ARO (so in this case, its only the attack that you can ARO on because you delayed ARO when it moved past you)? I don't know for sure but that makes more sense to me.

17. cazboab

Both Skills in a single order are simultaneous(even if it would seem impossible for some combinations), so in effect the camo token was revealed for the whole order, and is therefore a valid target for AROs along its whole movement.

chaos11 likes this.
  18. DAE

DAE Member

The example isn't very clear. But the only ARO vs TO camo is Dodge, Discover and Change Facing. But that's only in the marker state.
    So if the TO camo troop is in marker state, the Highlander would only be able to do those three things.
    Now if the TO camo trooper isn't in marker state then I understand how it works.

19. Arkhos94

I use retard of delay, so, once corrected :
    1 TO marker declare move, its move make the marker pass 2 cm away from your highlander and go far away
    2 your highlander delay his ORA
    3 TO marker declare an attack and reveal itself => Your opponent reveal itself, so he is considered revealed during his whole order, allowing you to engage him when he was the closest from you (so at 2 cm, see step 1)
    4 you declare engage at the point when it was close to you, if you pass you will be in CC even if he is no away from your 5cm => if your engage pass, you end up in contact of your opponent even if at the end of his order he was further away than 5 cm

To engage someone, you need him to be at 5cm of you at at least one moment during his order, it doesn't matter if he end up further away than 5cm.

20. DAE

DAE Member

That's better...lol...
    Makes more sense now.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation