1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dazzled state and switch

Discussion in 'Rules' started by krotos, Nov 22, 2018.

1. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

I had a situation when Eclipse makes Combat Roll and she use a switch to Dazzle defender. As active player Eclipse's owner decide to activate his switches first. Defender's successes still can do damage to attacker? I think yes, because rolls happens simultaneously. It's like situation with Smokes, yes?

2. Spellbreaker90

Spellbreaker90 Well-Known Member

I think it's the same situation where you attack and with a switch displace yourself out of enemy LoS.

LoS is checked at attack declaration so enemy can still damage you.

Flipswitch and Roadrunner7431 like this.
  3. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Arguably. Notice that the :S:Dazzled state specifically states that you can't use :2: in a :W: defense roll to :4: an enemy beyond :L:1-1. So it isn't exactly the same situation as a loss of LoS due to displacements/smoke, in this case there is a state specifically telling you that you can't do it.

krotos likes this.
  4. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

My card from S&M which explains Smoke also states that Targets inside a space with a Smoke token cannot use their :W: Defense rolls :2: to inflict :4: to Attackers outside Range :L:1-1. This came up in a recent game when Bixie, who ignores Smoke, used her Attack "Celestial Wind"

treiral likes this.
  5. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

I
    Would say no damage is done, because when you reach the damage step the character is dazzled.

6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

We're currently preparing next FAQs and this is one of them. Due to this question, we're writing new errata for those States. The point is to maintain the conditions of the Attack/Action declaration 'till the end.

The text in Dazzled and Smoke about Defender not being able to use their :2: in return was intended as a reminder of the general rule, but not an additional Effect from the State/Smoke, so it will be erased.

We're publishing these FAQs next week.

Flipswitch, krotos, treiral and 3 others like this.
  7. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Thank you! I agree that as part of the effect it was pretty nuts. It basically created a dome of range 2-5 around Kozmo where nobody could hurt it. It was certainly interesting finding out how to play around that. May I suggest to keep the text in one of those "Reminder" boxes instead of getting rid of it altogether?

8. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

Vi,
    thank you!
    also want to clarify one question, if hexxer tries to brawl somebody and lose, but she got switch, if she displace herself, opponent will roll agility dice again?

9. tartopom

tartopom Well-Known Member

I'd say Yes because for the next movement spent by disengaging char, it will still be leaving a space that is adjacent to HeXx3r.

treiral likes this.
  10. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I would say that if the character wants to disengage and gets a :2: which is not blocked by :1: then that character must move a space. If the only space available is adjacent to an enemy and the character wants to continue to spend movement points then yes it would need to roll for disengage again.

tartopom and treiral like this.
  11. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

@-V- I didn't see anything about this in the errata?

#11 Plebian, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  12. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

We're about to publish new FAQs and Errata. Please, hold on!

:wink:

volgo and Flipswitch like this.
  13. eronth

eronth Active Member

A player does not need to declare where they are moving when making an agility check. So if hexxer displaces herself, you can just opt to move somewhere not near her. If you do move a character next to hexxer again, then yes attempting to move near her a second time will require another agility roll.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation