1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daylami, camo or not?

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Duront, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Duront

Duront Well-Known Member

Hello!

I would like to ask the collective, which of these two options is better?
    upload_2022-10-20_13-55-21.png

or

upload_2022-10-20_13-55-48.png

I first through that 2x camo was best but I recently had 3x normals and it seemed to work better, thoughts?

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Well, you gotta consider that the camouflage profile also has infiltration. They do not only force an opponent to waste skills or even orders stutter-stepping their Move-shoot rhythm, but they can also dig in where it's harder to deal with them and where they need to spend orders getting there

In the end I think what actually closes the deal, however, is that you're limited to 15 troopers. Each sacrificial speed bump like Daylami is a slot not used by troops not generating orders or force projection. There's a lot to love about Daylami, but in this economy it's hard to justify taking too many of them so I think it's better to prioritize profiles that offer a lot of bang for the buck and the slot is definitely a currency you pay for them.

3. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

As usual: it depends.

Assuming you have the space in your combat groups, and points to spend - I'd suggest spamming with Camo Daylami. This also makes it more difficult for the opponent to read the situation on table: is the camo marker a Daylami, or perhaps a Sunduqbut...? Each of these requires a different approach - which means potentially a waste of Orders on the opponent's side.

Of course, if you have your list filled with other troops already, Daylami can't be said to really be superior to the better qualified troops already in your list.

4. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

This. This first option wastes three slots on units that start in your DZ and will die if they poke their heads up. The second option uses only two slots for vastly greater utility.

Methuselah likes this.
  5. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

As someone knowing daylamis only from the other side of the table, the annoying thing with them is not that they are cheap and irregular and equipt with PF, its the extra order you have to spend to discover them (single die mostly on 13 at best) and the pain if it did not work. The Moment you have to spend more than 2 Orders to get rid of a daylami he already did enough.
    And with the new Sunduqbot beeing the exact same Camo-Marker type (S2, no mimetism) the daylami cannot be singled out that easily anymore. Imho thats one of the times, when the release of a new unit improves an already existing one.
    The dirt-cheap non-camo daylami on the other hand are sitting ducks in your DZ and anything with a solid weapon, BS and/or mimetism will not need more than 1 Order to get rid of them.
    And, as already mentioned: The 15 Units limit means: every spot taking by a unit has to be weight against "can someone else do more with the same spot OR are 2 units worth more than 3 other units"

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation