1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dart : how and why ?

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Arkhos94, Oct 18, 2018.

1. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I have a degree in linguistics, the best way to determine the meaning of a word is to look at how native speakers of a language define a word. And yeah, I have yet to see literally any real source that the only number in "mid-20s" is 25. If you're a prescriptivist, here's Webster, Vocabulary.com, or Collins on the word. None of them support Zewrath's weird-ass definition, and all of them support my definition or something broader. He made the claim, so he has the burden of proof for that one.

2. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Dart, I don't like her when she's on my enemy's area D;

While she lacks the button job, her skills and gears make her perfect for skirmisher-for-killing. Utterly a beast within 8', knacking angles for surprise EM grenades(Oh bloody PH 13).. Which gets nastier with her C+.

In CQC, dishing out glorious Shock ammo or delivering Normal roll Viral bow is painful to deal with. In our meta she's the usual suspect; shutting down REMs and assassinating valueable targets like *sigh* Zhencha and Daofei.

IMO E/M grenades pose more threat than Minelayer option. The girl's made for killing, and totally able to knock down TAG or an elite HI.

My worst experience was meeting her on SAA, BTW. Screened with Mines and nagas..

Overall, Uber-Skirmisher.

BarbeChenue and jherazob like this.
  3. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Moderator, please take my posts after this down. I should never have mixed it up over here. Apologies.

#83 oldGregg, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  4. meikyoushisui

When you can't address the argument when given evidence, you address the speaker instead... my point is literally no different. And any of the players in my community can vouch for that lmao.

5. oldGregg

Moderator, please take my posts after this down. I should never have mixed it up over here. Apologies.

#85 oldGregg, Jan 17, 2019
  6. meikyoushisui

Three dictionaries is a shit citation? Thanks for admitting you were never engaging in good faith.

7. oldGregg

#87 oldGregg, Jan 17, 2019
  8. meikyoushisui

A bad citation is better than no citation. And admit it, you probably don't think that "mid-20s" only means 25 too. Quora is perfectly fine for getting a quick look about how people feel, especially since the only reasonable way to define a word is how native speakers use the word (a fact you would know if you had studied linguistics.) A quick glance at the response's opinions show that exactly zero respondents agree with Zewrath on this one.

And again, what about the three citations I pulled from "well-respected" dictionaries in the next reply to you? Are you just intentionally ignoring them?

9. oldGregg

#89 oldGregg, Jan 17, 2019
  10. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Are you just physically incapable of respresenting the truth, as well as mathematically illiterate? This was literally on the front page as the 4th or 5th respondents:
    [​IMG]

I’m not using him as a source for my statement though (other than to disprove your lie I just quoted), as using anything from quora as a source would be, you know... laughable.

11. meikyoushisui

I will not be responding to you any further until you provide a real "credible" source for your own argument. Since that's what you've demanded of me over and over.

And holy shit, you don't have to constantly tell the world you spend all your time on 4chan, spamming kek just makes you look like a 30 year old neckbeard.

12. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Cute. Getting touchy now. It’s amazing to me that math isn’t an actual source in the fields of fake degrees.
    Toppest of keks.

(I demanded that you made coherent arguments. Again with the misrepresentations..)

13. oldGregg

#93 oldGregg, Jan 17, 2019
    Zewrath likes this.
  14. meikyoushisui

• USER WARNED: OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE
    This one can go too.

#94 meikyoushisui, Jan 17, 2019
  15. oldGregg

• USER WARNED: OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE

#95 oldGregg, Jan 17, 2019
  16. BigBadFox

BigBadFox Well-Known Member

Bwahaha, I nearly forgot about THAT awesome discussion. Thank you internet.

Operations Subsection of the S.S.S.
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    GARUDA Tacbot Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 28)
    DAKINI Tacbot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 21)
    DAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
    DAKINI Tacbot Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
    DEVA Lieutenant (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    CSU Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    DANAVAS Hacker (Hacking Device Plus. UPGRADE: Maestro) Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    ARJUNA Boarding Shotgun, Akrylat-Kanone, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 33)
    [​IMG] x2 KIRANBOT E/Marat, Cybermines / Electric Pulse. (8)
    LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    DART Submachine Gun, Viral Tactical Bow, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 34)
    PROXY Mk.2 MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
    PROXY Mk.1 Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    PROXY Mk.5 (Forward Observer) 2 Submachine Guns, Nanopulser, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    NAGA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

My plan for fielding Dart. I dont like her that much and I would prefer the Guilang instead, but with some of the more agressive OS pieces (Arjuna, Garuda, MK5) she has some potential. My other OS list is usually more defensive with TR Bot, MK4 HRL (good boi!).

What do you think?

17. Nenyx

Nenyx Well-Known Member

It's a very agressive list, your only true reactive piece is the Mk.2 MSR. Of course, the naga and Dart can lay mines in ARO, but then they reveal and are probably as good as dead. What are your plans if you play second ?
    I think that upgrading one combi dakini into a MSR dakini, even at the cost of a lamedh (since you have the spare SWC) would probably be worth it.

18. BigBadFox

BigBadFox Well-Known Member

The other list I usually play has plenty of ARO pieces and thats why this list is something different. Im not a big fan of ARO stuff, because the opponent can choose how he kills your dude and you will lose anyway. Total cover is your friend. Just look at the MK4HRL, I like him, but with YJ/ISS I throw smoke and apply Rui Shi to face. So 4 dice on 15 vs 1 dice on 7. Yeah, good luck. So either my list is full of ARO stuff or I completely skip that part when building lists.

19. MerloyJenkils

MerloyJenkils Well-Known Member

That is a bit my reaction to ARO pieces but the fact that you see them and know you have to deal with them will consume orders

In the Rui Shi case they would spend at least three orders because the mk4 has survivability. One to smoke, one to move and shoot (hard to kill in 1 go) and min a third attempt. If your lucky it will consume more orders and or with luck kill something.

But inactually really like the list :) agressive lots of orders a bit of everything

20. Koni

Koni BanHammer
    CB Staff

@meikyoushisui & @oldGregg

This behaviour is not what I can expect from adult people. Please, next time breathe 3 or 4 times before posting that way, and go away from keyboard if needed.

I hope I don't need to warn you again in the future.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation