1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daedalus Fall worth getting for fluff?

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by BlackCadian, Oct 17, 2020.

1. BlackCadian

BlackCadian Well-Known Member

Hey y’all, not sure if this warrants a thread but I don’t know where else to ask to be honest.

I’m thinking about getting the Daedalus book for the fluff, because the whole jump gate breaking down and leaving SC behind sounds really awesome.

But I also bought Third Offensive and man, at least the start of the book was so boring that I just couldn’t push through it even though the story should be really interesting.

I really wish CB would drop some proper novels to fill out the fluff :/

2. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Next you'll be asking if Black Library books are any good. :scream:

Just to break it down by page count:
    • 21 pages recapping the Paradiso affair. (There's a companion set of 12 scenarios at the back of the book.)
    • 5 pages on the gate sabotage mission, one and a half pages of which is essentially a cameo by Le Meut. (There's a companion set of four scenarios at the back of the book.)
    By comparison, the section on Spiral Corps with background and unit descriptions is 21 pages, and 70 pages of material about stuff like Nomads and Haquislam.

Without spoiling anything, there's justification for the book being the way it is. But if you're expecting that the gate incident is a big, elaborate sequence, that isn't the story they wrote.

3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Getting 403 forbidden trying to write a detailed response...
    • 2 novels in the future (english)
    • Daedalus' Fall is the best of the three books; granted, that's not much.
    • The "Gate Incident" is barely 10 pages. The book is more about the mercenary units they hadn't covered yet, and a copy/paste of N2's campaign system, with the mission chains for the Paradiso campaign (very minor upgrades)

melkiach likes this.
  4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

@xagroth can you pm me the error?

@BlackCadian in my personal opinion all books are worth for the fluff, given they are made purely for that, its a good thing.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation