1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Customizing your Ikari force

Discussion in 'Ikari Company' started by Q.A.I., Mar 12, 2018.

1. Stormygeddon

Stormygeddon Well-Known Member

I realized I haven't posted my models yet. I've actually followed through on extrapolating a color scheme from what we saw of the Wardriver, Yuan Yuans, and Cube Jaeger.

Here's my Ikari Company Bashi Bazouk and Druze Shock Troop. The latter is intended to be my Lt as I'm not much a fan of the Brawler or Keisotsu Lt for WIP 12 and SWC 1 respectively.

Bashi Bazouk Album. Druze Album.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and guess what? I won a Winner pack from a Tournament so I got my hands on the Cube Jaeger as well. I also found a nice deal on a Brawler from ebay so I've got some more Ikari Company troops to join in on the fun.

I'll edit that in later.

Other than that, I've got some Yuan Yuans and Armand.

Magonus, Maksimas, Ixidro and 2 others like this.
  2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Stormygeddon How & where did you get the plants for the bases?

3. Stormygeddon

Stormygeddon Well-Known Member

Various sources. I did a commission for some Cadian heavy weapon teams a while back, guy wanted me to convert some from some Catachan Heavy Weapon sprues, so I had a bunch of branches and venus fly-trap like flowers left over that I just took. Look up the unit on your favorite image search engine and you'll see what I'm talking about. That makes the flower in the front of the Bashi Bazouk, and the branch in the back of the Druze (look at the album for more picture angles). I also cut one of those flowers in half, and glued those as upward facing leaves and tentacles for the Druze (in the front and back). Also, I took this package of Citadel Barbed Bracken I bought recently to add even more foliage for the Druze. I also have some rocks in their for added effect, cork, and carved out spare sprues of plastic. And I painted the plants pink because I was thinking of this episode of Young Justice where this alien planet (Rann) jungle had a bunch of red and pink plants in this forest. I admit I might have gotten a little overboard with the fuchsia foliage but the point is I'm happy with it. The Cube Jaeger and Brawler have less plants on the base.

Ixidro and Golem2God like this.
  4. Golem2God

@Stormygeddon I like the extra foliage. I'm in the middle of using actual woodland items (bark, pines, etc...) for my forest bases. Right now is the stage where I'm trying out different ideas and techniques to see which direction I want to go into.

5. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Those are some genuinely amazing looking paintjobs-

Golem2God likes this.
  6. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

The old Yu jing ko dali is a nice Yuan Yuan.
    I really love how you used the ikari uniform from the ikari art with the druze. I want my ikari druze very similar to your ( on my paint level ofc xD)

Space Ranger and Golem2God like this.
  7. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

I’m probably going to be around to test painting some Ikari. I don’t have a ton of conversion work to do on them, after wrapping up my Brawlers, but I think I have a scheme that can work nicely though all the units.

Basically, black armor, red camo fatigues, dark drab webbing, with some yellow accents if needed. Heavily armored troops will be mostly black, while lighter troops will have more red camo. It should all work well together on the table.

9BA15301-356C-4E9D-B26E-EE47E70175E8.jpeg

Green, Ixidro, themadcelt and 4 others like this.
  8. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for Tanko proxies.

I already have a Druze force I'm looking to expand to Ikari. But I'm not a fan of the hats. I already have a couple proxies in my Druze lists and going for prefered models versus the real sculpts.

9. Golem2God

@Cannon Fodder Domaru male models would be my first guess. They are of near similar size and you would just have to find a Missile Launcher model to replace on a Domaru.

10. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

This! I'm doing the same thing so far. Acmon for a bounty hunter, Ayyar for a brawler. Just love those figs!

I thought the same thing! I was going through all my old figs trying to think of ways to re-purpose them.

Golem2God likes this.
  11. Maksimas

So, playing around in the army builder to plan out some ''starting'' list for me to work towards to get a single full combat group to 300 points...
    I just realized something-
    With how I plan on collecting Ikari-
    By the time I collect up a sizeable amount... I'll be able to also play Qapu Khalqi and Druze Bayram! So, that's pretty darn neat I must say!

Deltervees and Golem2God like this.
  12. Golem2God

That is the beauty of NA-2 factions. With the exception of JSA each of the sectorials includes units from other factions and sectorials. StarCo. gives you a good foot into Corregidor or Bakunin while Druze goes into Qapu Khalqi. Ikari flows into JSA, Druze and some Qapu as well. Glad that you are excited about it.

13. Maksimas

I'd say Starco is more easy to step into from Nomads/Correighdor than vice versa.
    That... and the Brigada special link in Starco seems way better than the one you get in Correighdor. At their cheapest, I believe you save 25 points comparing cheapest Correighdor Brigada link with the cheapest possible Starco Brigada link.

Also, part of the reason why I would end up being able to field Qapu Khalqi while collecting my Ikari is, well... I plan on using Jannisaires for the Wu Mings and Kaplans for Brawlers, Hakims for the AHBs, and maybe even try getting away with using the Sekban ML for the Tanko. So all I'd really have to do is maybe... buy a Sekban and/or Djanbazan box ( Luckily enough, they are some of my more preferably looking Haqq units. Ofcourse, the highest density of nice looking units is inside the Bahram to me, but... not enough good looking Haqq units to justify play Vanilla for me, and not enough to get into Qapu Khalqi without heavy proxying. ).

That, and collecting Ikari shall benefit all other factions I play or would maybe hopefully sometime start playing. Namely in the form of AHBs, Armand, Krakots and the Cube Jager.

EDIT:
    Also, already have the Al Fasid HRL ordered. Agreed with a guy who bought Red Veil to trade the HRL model for the HMG one in the kit.
    Also have this VERY basic preliminary list to casually work towards as a start.

[​IMG] Ikari Company
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] JÄGER Submachine Gun + E/Mitter / Pistol, Monofilament CC Weapon. (0.5 | 18)
    [​IMG] FASID HMG + (Smoke and Normal) Light Grenade Launcher, Antipersonnel Mines / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (2 | 53)
    [​IMG] SCARFACE & CORDELIA TURNER . (1.5 | 68)
    [​IMG] ARMAND Minelayer MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser, Antipersonel Mines / 2 Breaker Pistols, Shock CCW, Knife. (1.5 | 42)
    [​IMG] KRAKOT RENEGADE 2 Submachine Guns, Chest Mine / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] DRUZE Lieutenant (X Visor) Combi Rifle, Chain-colt / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] DRUZE (X Visor) Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher (E/M and Nimbus) / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
    [​IMG] DRUZE Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle + Pitcher, D-Charges / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] DRUZE (X Visor) Shock Marksman Rifle, Chain-colt / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Golem2God likes this.
  14. Golem2God

The Sekban will be a hard sell as a Tanko Proxy. You would have an easier time with the lady Jani with the Missile Launcher than the HRL Sekban.
    Still I like the ideas you have. Janies should be good Wu Ming replacements. Both have Boarding Shotguns, HMG & Missile/Rocket Launchers. The AP Rifles would have to be the Multi-Rifle loadouts which leaves just the Panzerfaust+Light Shotgun & Chain Rifle+SMG left.

Djanbazan or Sekban? Tough question. What are you thinking of using both for? As for the Kaplan as Brawlers that would work out well. The Spitfire model won't work for the HRL loadout but the Sekban would fit nicely into that role. I think using the Sekban as your Brawlers would work just as much as the Kaplan considering Brawlers & Sekban both use Rifles while Kaplan use Combis. The only problem would be that Kaplan lack a HRL & Sekban lack a Multi-Sniper but this can be rectified by using the Kaplan Sniper or HRL Sekban with the other unit (Kaplan or Sekban).

Sounds like you like the Hassassin's looks. Thinking about expanding into them in the future?

#34 Golem2God, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    Maksimas likes this.
  15. Maksimas

Firstly, the Djanbazan/Sekban kits are more so for the even I ever end up deciding ''Okay, I have a bunch of ( Custom ) Ikari coloured Qapu Khalqi guys and two Hakims to be make-believe Hafzas... might as well grab some Djanbazans and Sekbans, colour them like the rest of Ikari and call it a defectee force!''

And yeah, I've been having issues finding a ''Make-believe Tanko ML.''

As for whether I'd plan on expanding into the Bahram in the future... it depends. They're surely more tempting to me than taking Haqq Vanilla, that is for sure. And I do plan on grabbing their starter, simply because I think using the three Daylami as pretend-Keisotsus might be a decent idea. But so far, my army priorities are to flesh out my Yu Jing some more and Ikari, maybe ( Very likely. ) grab Op: Icestorm and Beyond before next ITS seasons end to dip into PanO and Nomads a bit, so the Bahram isn't really high on the priority list. Granted, ATM, Bahram is basically just behind the Icestorm idea on priority ATM ( Due to the release of Op: Coldfront, my interest in trying out Aleph or Ariadna has dropped down to zero until ( Hopefully. ) a Beyond Op:Icestorm kit arrives, at which point I can actually think about whether or not I'd want to try them out in any capacity. Haqq Vanilla I have no interest in as already mentioned. Bayram and Qapu come with Ikari, so no real reason to dedicate extra attention to those beyond a Hanzakut kit or some Djans/Sekbans ( Azra'Ils look cool, I'll give them that, so the likelihood of me grabbing those is decent too, I suppose. ). I have absolutely 0 interest in Tohaa, and the JSA and CA are sort of in a neutral grey void of I don't really find myself having enough interest in them to actively want to someday try them out, but I can certainly see myself actually trying them out if some decent reason to sway me to do so appears, CA moreso perhaps, due to me really liking Halo and the CA just reek of the Covenant to me. ).

Golem2God likes this.
  16. Golem2God

You can always buy the model separately or find another S2 HI unit to proxy as it. Even if you have to buy another model to relieve of it's Missile or HRL to give it to the proxy.
    Sounds like a plan.
    Proxy a few games and see how they work out. Read some Combined tactics on the forums to further see if a Covenant themed force would work out on the tabletop.
    I'm using Dayami as Brawlers. I have both the old and new ones from the starters. They could be good Keisotsu but perhaps using Fusiliers or Zhanshi in their separate faction colors would be better.
    Hassassins are a sectorial that is cheaper to buy new than most factions at least going by Game Nerdz prices. Most of the unit boxes outside of the starter are $21.50 and many single blisters are $7.50 or a little more. I would look into tactica about the Bahram (victory in Persian) and see if their capabilities are to your liking.
    As for Ikari, Muyibs can be used as Brawlers & the new Asawira model is the same size as a Tanko. Meaning you have a miniature to use if you switch the Spitfire that comes with the model with a Missile or HRL. Grabbing the new Haqq support box for your Doc, Engineer & palbots along with the Druze will round out a nice Haqqislamed themed Ikari force that can be easily played as a Haqqislam force. Oh and the Ghazi Muttawi'ah box can all be used as Yuan Yuan. In fact nearly every unit in Ikari can be proxied/play with an equivalent Haqq unit if you wanted to. Haqq has bikes plus the Fiday &/or Djabel are good ninja proxies. It seems that only the Krakot, Cube Jager, Karakuri, the Lu Duan & Rui Shi remotes can't be proxied by a Haqq model. Something to think about.

17. Maksimas

The way I'd imagine that Covenant themed force to manifest would probably either end up being Vanilla CA with mostly an Onyx/Morat lean, or simply Morats with some extras for playing Vanilla sometimes. I mean, I'm not sure about Morat intelligence, but... colour their skin grey and they basically look like Brutes to me.

The idea to use Daylami as Keisotsus sprung up largely due to me thinking "I only need three of them for that defensive KeiTanko Brawler Core, and I'm not that big a fan the Daylami unit ( If they had Forward Deployment Lv1, I'd say they're pretty amazing, but... I just prefer my irregular orders on units I was already planning to spend orders on. ), and the Bahram starter has some useful models for the Bahram all around, so... Daylami Keisotsus!" Would just need a Muyib box and that's a Muyib core ready and really just see what I need more of to get to 300 points. Maybe a pair of Lasiqs would be enough.

And yeah, I have noticed that the Kum Bikers and their Chieftain would make decent make believe Desperadoes and a Yojimbo respectively.

But I don't want the entirety of my Ikari force to be Haqq proxies. What I wanted here was to grab the decent looking models out of a faction ( Daylami aren't really what I'd call good looking, but they will be relegated to Core link corner guard duty anyways, not a position that demands style. ) I don't really ever plan to play, so if I start grabbing Haqq models for Ikari left and right, I might as well be collecting Vanilla Haqq at that point! XD

Golem2God likes this.
  18. Golem2God

True. Whatever your choices I'll look forward to seeing them all and their colors.

19. Maksimas

Hope you're a patient one, 'cause money, time and money are not on my side here.

Golem2God likes this.
  20. Golem2God

Same here. We get done and purchase what we are able currently and build up from there.

Maksimas likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation