1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Mission: Data War

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by OrphanOfToast, Oct 3, 2020.

1. OrphanOfToast

OrphanOfToast Heated Bread

After a few games of playtesting with great result, I figure I would share my hacking-heavy custom mission. As you can probably tell from my battle reports, I've been a bit bored with ITS missions. I tried to capture the kind of mission I look for when picking a casual game (Hacking, button pushing, end of round scoring and a designated target) so without further rambling: here is the mission!

(Note/Shameless blog promotion: If there are any updates to this it will be posted to my blog post here: https://diceystrategies.com/f/n4codeone---custom-mission---data-war)

DATA WAR
    Author: OrphanOfToast

SCORING
    End of Round
    2 OP – Have more consoles activated than the enemy
    1 OP – Have the same number of consoles activated than the enemy

End of Game
    2 OP – Your opponent has no activated consoles at the end of the game. (You must have at least one activated console for this to count)
    1 OP – Have more troopers alive with the hacking special skill at the end of the game.
    1 OP – Kill the enemy Designated Hacker.

CONSOLES
    There are five consoles, four in each quadrant, 12 inches from the board edge and 20 inches from the deployment edge and one in the direct center of the table. These can be placed on top of buildings, however need to be accessible to each player.

Activate Console – Short Skill – Troopers with any level of hacking device can activate the console with a WIP +3 roll. Troopers without the hacker special skill can also activate the console, however must do so with a WIP-3 roll. If the trooper remains in base to base contact with the console (i.e. with ending it's short skill still in base contact), establish uplink is implied if the trooper possesses a hacker special skill.

Establish Uplink– Short Skill – Hacker skill required - Expend a short skill (no WIP check required) to establish an uplink to a console. This will allow for the Jam Console ARO. This only applies while user remains in base contact with the console. While uplink is established, you can declare other ARO's as needed, however if you dodge away from the console, the uplink is broken.

Jam Console – ARO - If a user has an uplink established to a console and possesses a hacking device, they can declare the Jam Console ARO face to face against any trooper attempting to activate a separate console using a WIP-3 roll. If successfully jammed, the console is not activated by the opponent however they may attempt to try again by expending additional orders.

DESIGNATED HACKER
    Treat the same as a designated target, however can use carbonite (on applicable targets), spotlight and reset aros in additional to normal AROs such as dodge, shoot, etc. Considered hostile trooper to enemy, and does not contribute any amount of orders (regular or irregular) to the users order pool.

The designated hacker is deployed during the normal deployment phase (cannot be reserve troop), and must be placed at least 4 inches outside the deployment zone in an accessible area and cannot deploy prone.

STATS:
    CC: 5 | BS: 8 | PH: 10 | WIP 14 | W: 1 |ARM: 0 | BTS: 3
    Hackable
    Equipment
    : Pistol, Hacker (UPGRADE:Carbonite, Spotlight), Flash Pulse
    (Does not have flash pulse if playing CodeOne)

DEPLOYMENT/TABLE SETUP
    [​IMG]

Deployment– 12”
    Consoles– 1 in table center 4 in center of each quadrant.

(My apologies if this is posted in the wrong place, feel free to move or suggest an alternative place to post.)

#1 OrphanOfToast, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation