1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current state of Yu Jing

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Wyrmnax, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

My monks may have just found a new best friend.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think your monks were just dressed up in armour...

Sedral likes this.
  3. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

...and still bald.

4. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Nice to see they adressed the reason why the daofeì isn't in IA despite its background! Is there something similar for Tiger soldiers and Liu Xings?

...nimbus grenades? :grin:

Joametz and Musterkrux like this.
  5. Triumph

You know I hope Nimbus Grenades got the Marksmanship X treatment and received a long overdue buff, because god do they suck.

6. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

Koni to the recue again!

Someone give this man a medal.

7. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

So is the fluff readable this time? What about layout and illustrations and crappy 3D maps?

I didn't want to pre-order the book before I see it first hand but here is a fun fact. I recently went to local tournament where majority of our area players were present and asked if anyone had ordered the book. Seems no on did and the only answer I got was "After the Uprising? Are you kidding?". So I really hope things were improved in 3rd offensive. :smirk:

8. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Not against link teams they don't, halving the ARO Burst is really useful, hits them much harder than the active shooter. I daily lament there's no Nimbus in TJC I can use with a Kriza...

Sedral likes this.
  9. Sedral

Disagree, they're one of the best tool to deal with Fireteam AROs, and with something as nasty as the kamau sniper peeking right around the corner i'd rather have them at hand. The only issue is, like most grenades, you need an appropriate unit to carry them, and what seems to be IA's very own shikami would be perfect for this!

10. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Liu Xings are described as a human interceptor, their origins came out between combining Jumping experience of Tiger Soldiers and YJ's favorite toy, servo-powered armor. Fluffs describe, due to weight problems and maneuver issues they wear light Heavy armors.

Still, they literally go all out when descending; Liu Xings jump into AA barrage, since enemies know they are coming. Popping out decoys, pushing the limit of their advanced Jumping gears to perform an interceptor-like airshow circus, avoiding enemies AA guns and fail their auto-aim system.

This make their jump packs overheat; at the very moment they hit the ground, Liu Xing's overworked backpack explodes. And below the crater Liu Xing crawls up, holding a gun.. Impressive fluff. Although I found it humorous using a thousand bucks worth military grade jump packs as a boomfart.

I find it very interesting, reading about Varuna, and surprisingly, OperationS. Maps are.. debatable quality, but I did like comic strip describing Carmen Jones.

One thing; I want Zhencha drawer as our main illustrator. Waaay better than two-man starter boxes art. KakaoTalk_20181123_010512556.jpg

11. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

That is one very good depiction of the Zhencha, indeed.

Arguably, Nimbus Grenades got the Marksmanship LX treatment. Because they work wonderfully with Marksmanship LX.

Zewrath likes this.
  12. SpectralOwl

...Why is the Zhencha wearing a flourescent raincoat? Isn't it meant to be stealthy? Paradiso must have some ugly foliage if that counts as CH:2.

Still, that armour looks fantastic! Props to the artist.

I'm actually thinking there could be a possibility of normal Smoke on the Hulang, IA will be the first YJ sectorial that can't do the smoke+MSV2 trick if it doesn't, and Mimetism doesn't usually cut it for closing to CC. Eclipse grenades could also be fun, and useful for annoying that Kamau everyone's been worried about.

13. Maksimas

Nimbus with a DTW would also be a funny combo.

14. Janzerker

Janzerker Well-Known Member

Sadly no. Koni in the spanish YJ subforum just spoiled IA doesn't have smoke grenades.
    On the other hand, we have KHD in the Hai Dao :D

Paegis, Section9, Furiat and 8 others like this.
  15. Sedral

If there's anything stopping you from going forward, shredding it to pieces with an HRMC shouldn't be an issue. We're no filthy japanese, we have actual firepower to back-up our CC dudes :sunglasses:

*look at Pano being all excited about the santiago wildcard with Tinbot-A and KHD*

*look at Haidao wildcard with KHD in a fireteam with Tinbot-B*

*laugh in chinese*

#215 Sedral, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  16. SpectralOwl

That is going to be utterly fantastic in aggressive core links, given the lack of Stealth, but means there's competition with the equally useful Engineer. I have exactly one gripe with IA: not enough points in a game for everything I want to use! Although, if all Hai Dao have Engineer and a particular profile has the KHD it could be an absolutely fantastic piece in Vanilla too, Marker to advance, KHD to fry assault hackers and Engineer to fix anything they messed up.

Section9, Kallas and Benkei like this.
  17. Maksimas

Anything else Koni said on the spanish forum?

18. Triumph

I've never really been able to like the numbers enough to justify value in spending orders throwing them. That's from mostly looking at a Zhanying in a Hsien HMG haris.

I get where you're coming from and I can agree with it in a sense, I'm just not 100% on whether the swing is worth the order and paying for the carrier. It's 6% increase to hit a Fusi ML link, and a 10% reduction to take a hit, over just firing without the Nimbus. The Nimbus grenade has always been about bad luck protection, but on the other hand, if bad luck strikes now you're shit out of luck with 2 orders instead of 1, assuming the nade went down on the first try.

I would really just be so much happier paying for them if they had just a tiny bit more utility even if it was something as simple as being able to contest with a F2F roll like a smoke grenade. Because it feels bad paying for the profiles to get these in a list and then you play into vanilla and you're kinda just... ehhhh. Guess that'll stay on the belt the whole game.

#218 Triumph, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  19. Triumph

I can live with that. Sets ISS apart if you want to play HI links and Smoke, or if you want smoke you play Vanilla plus your IA beaters.

20. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Any chance of a Hulong picture?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation