1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cube Interrogation

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Cratesbane, Aug 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

From the scraps I've amassed, these literal life insurances used to be a way to get people to sign up in the first place. Used to because CA changed things. I theorize the premiums didn't go up, however, since the insurance companies have to pay for fewer resurrections.

2. Mahtamori

Pain is a great tutor, and I'm sure resurrection doesn't save you from a really painful experience, nor necessarily prevent long lasting trauma thereof.

3. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

xagroth likes this.
  4. Mahtamori

I'm looking at it from a different perspective. If you start with equating it to a painful experience like doing a trust fall with an untrustworthy individual, I'm sure it's not fear of death that makes you try and avoid doing those again. That's in addition to cost in money not necessarily being the primary factor since the authority in charge of resurrection might deny you euthanasia-resurrection into a fully functional body if your current post-trauma body is deemed sufficiently functional (i.e. if the low cost is due to subsidies, insurance or simply a strong bureaucracy)

5. Vakarian

Vakarian Bad Nomad

I would expect that military resurrection comes with some defined contract extension, written in the service mender's original contract, at least for any military that functions similarly to the U.S. All sorts of benefits the U.S. military trigger extensions to service commitments.

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

My thought was that we don't want the Infinity militaries to be more blase about the life of the trooper than current militaries.

When Resurrection becomes actually trivial, then you can ramp up the difficulty of training to the point that everyone dies at least once in Boot Camp. And more in advanced training.

Probably just the rest of your term of enlistment, if it's no more expensive than current life insurance. Your training is significantly more expensive than SGLI, even for an admin bitch like me.

The thing is, there also used to be an immense payout for True Death. Something that you couldn't resurrect from. Then the war on Paradiso had tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of Real Deaths, which just about broke several military budgets, let alone the actual insurance companies underwriting them.

xagroth and Vakarian like this.
  7. Vakarian

Vakarian Bad Nomad

Have you read the Undying Mercenaries series by B.V. Larson? That pretty much what I picture if resurrections are cheap for military organizations.

I agree 100% we don't *want* that situation... but in Infinity, it seems that would very much be the case.

8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I would agree with you... but then I had read about a "nomad" (Scum) colony in an exoplanet (crossed a "Stargate" to get there) devoted to excess (think Bakunin, with too much time and resources) in which one of its inhabitants has the hobby of being eaten by a T-Rex, then searched among the "output" of the thing, resleeved and enjoy it.
    Then again, a famous TV presenter there is called "The Cock", he looks like one (literally), and I'm not talking about birds here... And there is a compilation of "short" stories in which one chef enjoys cannibalism of copies of himself ("eat... and be eaten"), another dude enjoys sending copies of himself to endure a painful death, etc...

I'd bet the elite troops end up with a "death experience" on the training regime. "It's not your blood. Check for functionality, Takeshi". But I'd wager we are talking about clinically death, easily repairable damage to the body.

Thus my idea that the "inmense cost" for the general public is, in fact, a payment for the government, which has a number of resurrections handed by Aleph (based, as always, in the amount they contribute to Aleph, starting for a small base to entice Nomads and Ariadnans). So a big chunk of the payment is for the government, which can use that money to buy maybe even 10 resurrections at base cost, includen payment to Aleph for tgetting extra.

Vakarian likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation