1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Countermeasures Questions

Discussion in 'ITS' started by KestrelM1, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Adra

Adra Active Member

Oh goodness you're totally right. Sorry about that :)

ijw likes this.
  2. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Played the extreme mode the other day, it's extremely fun.

HellLois and theGricks like this.
  3. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I c wot u ded thr...

4. Snare

Snare Active Member

I have a question re Predator.
    If a player already has 2 CC kills prior to this card being in play, will they automatically score this at the end of the turn in which it is revealed?

5. KestrelM1

KestrelM1 Well-Known Member

You can only accomplish objectives while they're Active. Otherwise this scenario would be very bizarre indeed.

Thanks to everyone for the replies by the way. At a recent tournament I helped run we simply ignored the bonus objectives and everything went smoothly.

WarHound likes this.
  6. Tanan

Tanan Well-Known Member

How does datatracker special order work with Antipode pack rule?

7. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Antipodes are Irregular, so cant be Datatrackers.

chromedog and Tanan like this.
  8. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Just a small clarification request. Scenario rules state:
    When is "at the start of the game"? Is it basically at the start of the Initiative Phase, at the beginning of the Deployment Phase or maybe it's right after the Deployment Phase but before any player actually starts their turn? This is important because you are either allowed to look at the cards before choosing your Data tracker or you have to guess.

Found an old post in this very subforum, asking the same question: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/countermeasures-when-are-cards-drawn.35516/

9. KestrelM1

KestrelM1 Well-Known Member

It is unfortunately not explicitly defined, but given that all the steps in http://infinitythewiki.com/en/Initiative_and_Deployment say to do them "before the game begins," it can be assumed that the game begins when the first player begins their active turn.

As a consequence you do not know which classifieds are selected when deploying or choosing a Datatracker.

10. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

This was actually what happened to me yesterday. I went to check this article to find what could "when the game begins" mean, noticed the same thing you did and concluded that I must choose the Data tracker blindly.

Perhaps I am a bit too nitpicky, but being an MTG rules advisor definitely leaves some marks on how you read the rules [emoji14]

11. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Nanoespionage (Hard Mode) - do you have to take an unopposed CC ARO or is the roll for the objective F2F?

And whenever the objective wants you to target an unconscious trooper - does this include Dogged and NWI?

12. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Emphasis mine.

Sorry, forgot the second part. I think the only objective that is relevant here is In Extremis Recovery. I think, because of how it is worded, it must be similar to Extreme Prejudice, i.e. targets do not include Dogged or NWI since you can't declare Coup de Grâce against a model in these states.

#32 n21lv, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  13. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

To me, the "normal" refers to "no Mod", as I haven't found any classified talking about a "normal WIP-3" roll or anything like that.
    And isn't any roll a normal roll unless the target tries to oppose it? (... and it isn't Berserk)

Extreme Predjudice talkes about a Coup de Grace, which is only allowed on targets having the unconscious marker besiedes them - the rules explicitly mention the marker, not just the state.
    But In Extremis Recovery and Experimental Drug only mention "unconscious".

14. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Normal roll in this game is what it is per rules -- a Normal Roll. If a roll is to be made with a MOD, the wording would look like "make a Normal WIP+MOD roll".

As to In Extremis Recovery and Experimental Drug, you cannot heal models in Dogged state and since the objective states that the unconscious model is removed from the game after successful WIP roll, I highly doubt that it is not something similar to making a Coup de Grâce. A clarification would be nice, though.

15. Sabin76

But you can heal NWI models and Experimental Drug can be accomplished in doing so. I don't think it's a given that In Extremis Recovery has the same restrictions as a Coup De Grace.

16. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

If you can complete In Extremis Recovery with an NWI model like this, it makes it a very efficient way to deal with NWI models, as you just need to pass a WIP-3 roll (flat WIP roll in Standard mode) that doesn't allow any kind of saves. I think this breaks the game a bit, therefore I don't believe this is how it is supposed to work.

17. Sabin76

I dunno... I think that may be why it's a WIP-3 WIP+3 roll. I mean, a CDG requires no roll at all. Here, you have to roll, (though) it's not a great roll, and it's normal so you are eating whatever ARO the NWI model wants to throw at you. Unless you are doing this with an Avatar at full wounds, I don't think I'd agree that it's all that great of a way to deal with NWI models.

At WIP+3, the roll is pretty easy to hit, so...

#37 Sabin76, Jan 14, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  18. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

In Extremis Recovery is actually WIP+3 rather than flat WIP in Standard mode. :)

Would a successful WIP roll threatening an enemy trooper to be "removed from play" be considered affecting it for the purpose of FtF roll? :face_with_rolling_eyes:

19. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

I strongly recommend playing this way, for this exact reason.

20. Pripekarius

Pripekarius New Member

Is there any clarification regarding this question? Checked the forums and seems it hasn't ever been answered.

Jumara and Space Ranger like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation